HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2004, 12:51 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,377 Posts
Centennial plus 21

I had another aviation day at another school today. The students learned that flying is more a function of Newton's third law with a contribution of some lift from Bernoilli's Principal. the finally was the Wright Flyer and I think the other teachers got as big a kick out of it as the kids. We almost had enough breeze for the real scale Wright flyer to try it today and my little plane handled it well with a topped off charge. Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2005, 05:02 AM
This one Time...
Newport, Sydney
Joined Jan 2004
292 Posts
how many amps can the stock esc handel
Olly Malone is offline Find More Posts by Olly Malone
Old Jun 10, 2005, 07:37 AM
FLL
Towaco, NJ
Joined Mar 2003
611 Posts
Don't know the amp rating of the stock SC, but can tell you it can handle the 5-6 amps (total) the motors draw in average flight. If I had to guess, it's probably 8-10 amp unit.

Frank
FLL is offline Find More Posts by FLL
Old Dec 17, 2006, 05:38 AM
Memphis, TN
Joined Dec 2006
14 Posts
landing gear

I was thinling about one purchasing of these: but I'd love to see one with landing gear. I wonder if someone has tried any type of mods to this effect. Do you know of any?
sam.huggins is offline Find More Posts by sam.huggins
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:57 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,377 Posts
The real one had skids as does the model. i know of none with landing gear. However the price at Tower Hobby is currently under $50.00. Thats getting really close to half price for this model that is a piece of history. The nice thing is it doesn't take up a lot of room yet flies great at the park.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2007, 07:24 AM
FLL
Towaco, NJ
Joined Mar 2003
611 Posts
They do fly pretty well, although I wouldn't call it a trainer. Quite pitch sensitive, probably due in part to the flexibility of the cunard. Replacing the stock battery with a decent 2 cell lipo is a must. I also changed out the stock props with modified wooden Zingers, since they make a 7" pusher. Switch the wires on one motor and you get counter rotating props like the original. Never tried putting wheels on, if kept light, she should be able to take it. She hand launches easily, and the only problem landing on the skids is in the grass. The battery holder usually pops off unless you do a stall/flop landing.

Frank
FLL is offline Find More Posts by FLL
Old Jun 22, 2008, 06:13 PM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,494 Posts
I just picked up a used GP Wright Flyer. It's missing the pilot though. Does anyone know of a way to replace him - maybe scans on the net somewhere of the original, or a source of replacement parts?

Thanks,
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:42 PM
USA, IL, Springfield
Joined Dec 2009
88 Posts
yes cant wait to get one.
airplanfreak is offline Find More Posts by airplanfreak