HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:02 AM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,782 Posts
Discussion
Kickin it old school, Kyosho Hurricane

I got 4 boats in a garage sale for $50, sort of complete with radios. One of them is a prather V with a 3.5 KB outboard. Got this Kyosho Huricane which looked like it was barely run, if at all. I ripped the old mechanical speed control out of it, put a proboat brushed speed control, re-assembled the drive train correctly and took it for a spin. Love the sound of twin brushed motors. It ran pretty good on a 3S, but I ripped the blades off the old prop, lol. That's an old futaba s148 servo in there, and a JR propo? radio.

Kyosho Hurricane on 3s original prop (2 min 21 sec)
antslake is online now Find More Posts by antslake
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:59 AM
United States, OH, Celina
Joined Aug 2007
44 Posts
Cool - I love the old boats. Have a Great Planes Wildcat. Brushed motors were rusted and dead. Replaced with out runners, glassed bottom and put on single rudder and dual water cooling on speed controls. Lots of fun for less than 50 bucks total.
lwahls1 is offline Find More Posts by lwahls1