HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,402 Posts
good to hear that, on the plus side i have been flying my dads ethos and man are these things fun. im having some issues attempting a nice banked turn mind you i am confined to the living room but i always seem to loose it about midway. it slips out of the turn and idk if its me not putting enough rudder in or what but any help is apreciated
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak View Post
Size

a lot of the helis no matter the brand use size references like 75, 125, 180, 300,400 and so on.

Like the IFT Evolve 300 that Jason posted a video of up above 300 is its size.

So before this thread gets totally hijacked the 75 stands for size
Well it must not be any sort of traditional sizing that I am aware of. Because the Evolve 300 is certainly not a 300 size heli, like any other brand would classify it. Like the Blade 300X, for example... seems to be MUCH bigger than the Evolve 300.
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:44 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,857 Posts
Maybe it's just visual, since the video of the Evolve 300 shows it being flown in a hotel room, and there's not really much to reference the size against.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:11 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Sep 2008
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
Well it must not be any sort of traditional sizing that I am aware of. Because the Evolve 300 is certainly not a 300 size heli, like any other brand would classify it. Like the Blade 300X, for example... seems to be MUCH bigger than the Evolve 300.
I guess I don't know how you decided that it is not a 300 size. That being said it's no different then rc ground. You can take 3 different 10th scale vehicles and all three will be totally different in size.
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:17 PM
I <3 Green Energy!!!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2007
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggair View Post
good to hear that, on the plus side i have been flying my dads ethos and man are these things fun. im having some issues attempting a nice banked turn mind you i am confined to the living room but i always seem to loose it about midway. it slips out of the turn and idk if its me not putting enough rudder in or what but any help is apreciated
Hello Kelloggair,

Sounds like you're on the right track with thinking you need more rudder when trying to do banked tight turns. I find that if I am in a small area and when needing to do abrupt turns, I use a lot more rudder (and the rest of the controls on HI rates). It's something you can easily get the hang of after a few flights.
MarkAngelo is offline Find More Posts by MarkAngelo
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:09 AM
Joined Mar 2008
1,402 Posts
hey jason any suggestions on battery options? my lhs seems to be dragging their feet on batterys for this
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,402 Posts
so i had my ethos replaced no questions asked, very nice to have that. been flying a bit more but will really run her through her paces this weekend. anyone else have any maidens?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:22 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined Nov 2003
4 Posts
Ethos flight modes?

I got my daughter an Ethos and We are having a blast learning to fly it. I noticed that the Tx screen is set up for more than mode 2 control. Sure would be nice to have the rudder on the right. Is that possible?
jcbaker is offline Find More Posts by jcbaker
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,402 Posts
might be jason would know best. have you read thru the manual?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:46 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,456 Posts
Stupid photobucket, it looks like the Ares controller is identical to the 6043\6044. If it is you can see if this works (see attachment):

MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Dec 27, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,402 Posts
overkill have you flown this much more?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:08 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,456 Posts
Not since getting the V202.....Now that we have regular motors, I may convert it back to original. I've been really busy filling orders too. If the Ares flies anything like the 6043\6044 it's a weiner
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:34 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Stupid photobucket, it looks like the Ares controller is identical to the 6043\6044. If it is you can see if this works (see attachment):

Can you possibly type out the instructions, or post a larger image? I can't read the text.

I have someone on YouTube asking me about enabling Mode 4 for this as well. Kinda shocked to hear that it may be possible.

I highly recommend that people get used to Mode 2 though, if they plan on continuing on with 4ch RCs. Using Mode 4 will just teach you bad habits. heh
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:36 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggair View Post
hey jason any suggestions on battery options? my lhs seems to be dragging their feet on batterys for this
I haven't actually tried it yet, but by looking at my Traxxas QR-1 batteries in comparison to the Ethos battery, I'm quite certain they will work.

However, the QR-1 supplies seem to be low on stock too, so I don't know if you'd have any better luck finding them. Plus, I'd imagine Traxxas charges more for the battery than Ares does. heh
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:45 PM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbaker View Post
I got my daughter an Ethos and We are having a blast learning to fly it. I noticed that the Tx screen is set up for more than mode 2 control. Sure would be nice to have the rudder on the right. Is that possible?
Hello jcbaker,

Great to hear you guys are enjoying the EQX75! Also, while it is possible to move rudder control from the left-hand stick to the right-hand stick, it's not necessarily something we would recommend. If you're hoping to make the change because you possibly learned to fly 3-channel helis that typically have rudder control on the right-hand stick, that's actually something you'll want to get away from if at all possible. Nearly all 4-channel RC aircraft (quadcopters, helis and airplanes) you'll encounter will be setup as Mode 2 with rudder (and throttle) on the left-hand stick and aileron (and elevator) on the right-hand stick versus being setup as Mode 4 (which swaps the sticks for rudder and aileron). And in many cases (especially for smaller 4-channel helis with 'all-in-one' control units) you won't be able to change from Mode 2 to Mode 4 control meaning you'd have to learn to fly Mode 2 for those models.

On a related note, if you enter the menu to change the 'mode' type there is some risk of accidentally changing the direction of one or more controls which is another reason we do not recommend making any changes to the transmitter settings.
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jason M; Dec 27, 2012 at 06:14 PM.