SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:12 PM
Registered User
Ozark,AR
Joined Nov 2005
148 Posts
[QUOTE=Jason M;23474817]Hello Jeff,

You might have seen the related thread and video already, but if not check this out when you have a chance:


Thanks Jason, no I haven't seen that. Nice video, thanks for the lead.
I didn' realize the Traxxas was that much smaller than the other two.
It may be the better deal having two batteries and all.
Jeff
arauser is offline Find More Posts by arauser
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:28 AM
Registered User
huskerfreak's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Sep 2008
167 Posts

[QUOTE=arauser;23478286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
Hello Jeff,

You might have seen the related thread and video already, but if not check this out when you have a chance:


Thanks Jason, no I haven't seen that. Nice video, thanks for the lead.
I didn' realize the Traxxas was that much smaller than the other two.
It may be the better deal having two batteries and all.
Jeff
Actually you can buy two extra batteries with the Ethos and have a total of three batteries that are 60 mah higher for the same price it would cost to buy the Traxxas a lot of people are selling the Traxxas for $99
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:34 AM
I <3 Green Energy!!!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2007
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Hey Jason, I'm sure everyone would like to see an outdoor review with the Ares Ethos QX 75 running in moderate 10-15mph winds to see how it stacks up to the competition. Thanks.
I don't prefer flying models less than 2 ounces in 10-15mph winds, but I've flown the Ethos QX 75 outdoors in different wind conditions and it's still fun to fly.

I think the Ethos QX 75 flies fast and cuts through the air amazingly well for its size.

Mark
MarkAngelo is offline Find More Posts by MarkAngelo
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:36 AM
Registered User
United States, MI, Cedar Springs
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAngelo View Post
I don't prefer flying models less than 2 ounces in 10-15mph winds, but I've flown the Ethos QX 75 outdoors in different wind conditions and it's still fun to fly.

I think the Ethos QX 75 flies fast and cuts through the air amazingly well for its size.

Mark
Does the tail help keeping which way things are pointed better? I had all sorts of problems figuring out which way the Ladybird was flying because of no tail!
Kamakzie is offline Find More Posts by Kamakzie
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:34 PM
electromaniac
elcamino's Avatar
pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2004
606 Posts
I was just your web site and I cant find any of them there ?? only the mqx is listed ???
elcamino is offline Find More Posts by elcamino
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:47 PM
Registered User
huskerfreak's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Sep 2008
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcamino View Post
I was just your web site and I cant find any of them there ?? only the mqx is listed ???
Just to let you know we are getting more in the distribution center tommorrow morning. All the HobbyTowns that have them on order will have them by the end of this week. Remember to you have to pick your location that does online sales as not all the HobbyTowns sale online through the website. Here is the Lincoln location as they have one left in stock.

http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/Ethos-...TF-Quadcopter/
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
Last edited by huskerfreak; Dec 10, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:12 PM
I <3 Green Energy!!!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2007
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Does the tail help keeping which way things are pointed better? I had all sorts of problems figuring out which way the Ladybird was flying because of no tail!
The tail helps and so does the overall shape / silhouette of the Ethos body.
MarkAngelo is offline Find More Posts by MarkAngelo
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:27 PM
Registered User
York, ne
Joined Feb 2005
599 Posts
Got mine today, it flies like a dream. It's completely controllable and rock solid. It was drifting a little (due to battery placement) but a few trim clicks locked it in. The controller feels GREAT, just the right about of tension and great travel. It DOES come with an extra set of blades. I was surprised how easy it was to hold dead level, and how perfectly it was able to spin in place without any loss of height. I didn't do anything too advanced, but everything I did try was .. wow, just perfect.

The included charger will charge 2 batteries at once. I bought a second for a whopping 7.99.

Hobbytown in Grand Island, Ne. has 20+ in stock and ready to ship. Really nice guy, he tried mine out for me to make sure all was well since I live about an hour from town.
melcrose is offline Find More Posts by melcrose
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
Lakeland,FL
Joined Jan 2005
344 Posts
Quaad

I have had my for 2 days now and I am having a ball. I have been abusing it as I am not a heli type guy. Had it outside today and lots of fun.. Now I have to wait for the batterey shipment that is supose be at CA. waiting on a dock strike.

Jim
rcflyerfl is offline Find More Posts by rcflyerfl
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
Registered User
kelloggair's Avatar
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,402 Posts
ive decided on this quad any suggestions?
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:58 PM
Registered User
huskerfreak's Avatar
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Sep 2008
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyerfl View Post
I have had my for 2 days now and I am having a ball. I have been abusing it as I am not a heli type guy. Had it outside today and lots of fun.. Now I have to wait for the batterey shipment that is supose be at CA. waiting on a dock strike.

Jim
All the parts and batteries are in stock at the HobbyTown distribution center. I will give David HobbyTown owner in Lakeland a call tomorrow and make sure he gets some extra parts and batteries on the way for you guys down there.
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:49 PM
I <3 Green Energy!!!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2007
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melcrose View Post
Got mine today, it flies like a dream. It's completely controllable and rock solid. It was drifting a little (due to battery placement) but a few trim clicks locked it in. The controller feels GREAT, just the right about of tension and great travel. It DOES come with an extra set of blades. I was surprised how easy it was to hold dead level, and how perfectly it was able to spin in place without any loss of height. I didn't do anything too advanced, but everything I did try was .. wow, just perfect.

The included charger will charge 2 batteries at once. I bought a second for a whopping 7.99.

Hobbytown in Grand Island, Ne. has 20+ in stock and ready to ship. Really nice guy, he tried mine out for me to make sure all was well since I live about an hour from town.
Nice to hear about your experience flying the Ethos QX 75! Which color did you get?
MarkAngelo is offline Find More Posts by MarkAngelo
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:46 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Cedar Springs
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak View Post
All the parts and batteries are in stock at the HobbyTown distribution center. I will give David HobbyTown owner in Lakeland a call tomorrow and make sure he gets some extra parts and batteries on the way for you guys down there.
Wish they would add the parts and batteries to the website.
Kamakzie is offline Find More Posts by Kamakzie
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:30 AM
At peace with his albatross
wannabe's Avatar
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,298 Posts
I bought one today and it is fun but the controller gimbals are poo. They are soft and flexy plastic. Also there seems to be "slop" in the sticks. That is - you have to move the sticks a small amount before the bird responds. This is not because of the flexy plastic gimbals, however the flexy sticks together with the slop give it a feeling as though is has expo curves that are perfectly flat but curves up sharply towards the ends of stick travel. This is true regardless of hi or low rates. I suppose a pilot could get used to this but I wish I could bind the bird to a hobby grade controller.

The firmware in the controller is nice, though, and the trims seem to have a high resolution so minute adjustments are predictable. This makes me think the that the firmware part of the controller is of good quality but the funky gimbals cant do the controller firmware justice.

Does anyone know if the FHSS sticker on the front of the QX75 controller is compatible with Futaba FHSS transmitters? I don't own a Futaba radio but I would actually buy one if it would unlock the true potential of this little quad
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:38 AM
KK6MQJ
Bajora's Avatar
Joined Sep 2004
13,790 Posts
I should have one of these in a couple days Todd. I will give it a go with my Futaba and we'll see.

(How you doing buddy!? Been awhile!)
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Ares NANO-MICRO Tiger Moth 75 Doug Sipprell Micro Ready-to-Fly 121 Dec 14, 2014 06:26 PM
Discussion Ares Tiger Moth 75 Nano-Micro RTF and WOT (Without Transmitter) Jason M Micro Ready-to-Fly 19 Jul 31, 2013 08:44 PM
For Sale Ares Nano-Micro Stick RTF Propnutz Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2012 10:12 PM
Sold Ares nano micro stick 75 RTF $45 3d astronaut Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 08, 2012 07:47 PM
Wanted micro or nano quadcopter RRT Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 12, 2012 09:34 PM