HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:52 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
379 Posts
Just charged two of the standard batteries with the charger being powered by an external 1 amp power supply: took 90 minutes. Then charged two separately off an usb and they took about 55 minutes each. Apparently, the charger is limited to a max of 400 ma TOTAL, not that for each side. So it buys you very little to charge two at once. Anyone have a good charger they want to recommend that will fit the losi connectors? Thanks.
speakertoanimals is offline Find More Posts by speakertoanimals
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:26 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Just get a standard charger like you would use for car batteries and either get an adapter online or make one. I make all of my charging adapters from 3.5mm male bullet connectors, a little bit of wire, and the connecter that matches the battery I want to charge. Pretty easy to make if you have some basic soldering skills.

I use a Thunder AC-680 which was given to me, and a Dynam DC-6 that I got in a package deal trade. Been using both for a couple years now. This type of charger will come in handy if you get more models in the future with different size batteries, if you don't have already. It also lets you see the numbers when charging, and gives you the ability to monitor and take better care of your lipos.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1003.html - Dynam
http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html - Thunder

I like the Thunder AC680 better because the fan doesn't run unless it's charging, so I can leave it on all the time and it isn't noisy. Both are AC/DC, and that's very important, you don't want to have to buy a seperate power supply to use it. These are the only two I have experience with since I upgraded from my Novak Millenium Pro.
Alex4R is offline Find More Posts by Alex4R
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:14 PM
United States, IA, Sidney
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
I will be getting a connector for use on my AC6 charger as the USB charger I have been using is only charging my batteries to 4.18 volts and my indoor flying times are only around 5min. After 5min. the batteries show around 3.75 volts on my voltmeter. At least with a decent charger instead of USB I will have a better handle on charging these batteries.
tyme4me is offline Find More Posts by tyme4me
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:09 AM
gfl
Joined Apr 2005
99 Posts
Jason - Any update on the production and/or delivery time frame for the LED light kit? I have learned alot by flying the QX and my thumb skills have greatly improved. Looking to fly in low light situations..
gfl is online now Find More Posts by gfl
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:34 PM
Tuk
Joined Oct 2012
135 Posts
Ok, this is the only quad I have . and flys good to me .but can anyone tell me how this compares to the others like ladybird ect.
Tuk is offline Find More Posts by Tuk
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:01 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
379 Posts
The only other micro I have is the HCW 553 and it's MUCH more docile with its heavy, protective canopy on. I think it's a great quad to start with. The 350 mah hour batteries which are standard for it are also the best I've found for the Ethos. They give close to a minute more flight time than the minipet batteries MassiveRC sells (which are themselves MUCH better than the stock batteries).
speakertoanimals is offline Find More Posts by speakertoanimals
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:05 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,288 Posts
Just bought mine, the battery is charging and I'm looking at the USB fantasizing of all the wonderful things it does. Where did you guys doing the info about changing the tx settings?

*pretty sure I have a problem I'm already looking to mod before the first flight.

-edit: NVM, this thing is a little handful! Hard to believe how much power it has.
fr4nk1yn is online now Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Last edited by fr4nk1yn; Mar 17, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:32 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuk View Post
Ok, this is the only quad I have . and flys good to me .but can anyone tell me how this compares to the others like ladybird ect.
Bigsquid RC did a shootout featuring this quad and two other similar models. They liked the Ethos best!

We took ours out of doors yesterday for some fun flights on a perfect early spring day! Great fun indeed!

Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2013, 09:28 PM
MotoGP
United States, NY, Port Washington
Joined Aug 2006
72 Posts
Hey guy's,

So went down to the LHS today to pickup a 1SQ but they were out of stock. I wanted this quad because I can use it with my DX-7, I'm not a fan of the stock TX's that come with the RTF's.

Anyway, they did have this Ethos QX75 in stock so I thought I'd give it a try. So far I like the quality of the quad, not the TX.

I think the TX is holding this quad back a little as you need full rudder for banked turns and the return rate sucks. If you put this on a proper TX it would really shine. I have about five flights in tonight and I am looking forward to some day light flying.

I have a question, does the 1SQ board fit this air-frame? Can someone with both check?

Thanks

RD6000S is offline Find More Posts by RD6000S
Old Apr 03, 2013, 07:56 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,288 Posts
Wth!?!

I've been flying this thing around the apartment for a couple weeks.
Took it outside tonight expecting it to be as fun as it has been.
The wind was blowing steady and the thing wouldn't fly against the wind!

I remembered to turn off low rates!
This is the most fun I've had flying in a long time.
Even in the wind is incredibly nimble, ready to control, flips with no altitude lose and is indestructible.
I'd recommend this to just about anyone.

BTW, an I the only one flying with no canopy at all? It had so much more power without.
Old Apr 04, 2013, 10:59 AM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
I've been flying this thing around the apartment for a couple weeks.
Took it outside tonight expecting it to be as fun as it has been.
The wind was blowing steady and the thing wouldn't fly against the wind!

I remembered to turn off low rates!
This is the most fun I've had flying in a long time.
Even in the wind is incredibly nimble, ready to control, flips with no altitude lose and is indestructible.
I'd recommend this to just about anyone.

BTW, an I the only one flying with no canopy at all? It had so much more power without.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you saying it wouldn't fly in wind? Or that it did, once you remembered to turn on high rates?

Cause, yeah, with high rates, I was able to fly mine quite easily in 20mph wind (no exaggeration).

Ares Ethos QX 75 Quadcopter - Outdoors In 20MPH Wind! (1 min 48 sec)
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Apr 04, 2013, 07:20 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,288 Posts
I'm saying once I turned off low rates it cut through the wind like warm butter!
Old Apr 09, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Dec 2012
38 Posts
I am a newbie to quadcopters. I have been flying planes, a Gamma 370, since November. Then winds picked up and I was grounded. so, I turned to trucks as my next drug of choice, lol. My wife is pregnant and at home on bedrest. I was getting parts for the plane and truck this past weekend. I thought she might enjoy the Ares Ethos QX75. I brought it home and she was kind of excited. i ran thru the basics and she tried. it went up, she pinned it forward, and crashed. Snapped a motor off..You know what came next...."That was how much and broke........That is a waste..." The usuall. I think the same about purses and shoes. So I have another rc toy....SWEET. I have snapped two more motors. Since Sat. I think it is pretty easy to fly. I like the body and it helps with oreintation. I had snapped the motors and went to my pusher (Hobby Town) to replace them. They only had counter and i need clockwise. I grabbed them anyway. I switched the wires around, plugged it in, and bam, it worked. Also, it could be me, but when the battery runs low, it seems to "wobble" in the air. Might be me. Anyway, my two cents. Thanks and have good flying.
oddballs41 is offline Find More Posts by oddballs41
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:05 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,288 Posts
With any helicopter cut the power before or of you even think your going to crash. At least on something like this, I wouldn't do that with my scale air wolf.
I've crashed all over the house and outside flying on concrete. Just straighten the blades and go again. For me it's been as much fun crashing as flying as it's been indestructible.
BTW it sends almost like the 'P' gain could be turned down out does wobble especially when descending fast.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 02:28 PM
Joined Dec 2012
38 Posts
I will make sure to cut it before I crash. It was the motor mount that broke. I have replaced them both and crashed a bunch more and its been all good. It is a fun little flying machine. Where is the "P" gain. It does it hovering/floating.
oddballs41 is offline Find More Posts by oddballs41