HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:47 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Discussion
Camera glasses, Low budget ?

I thought that starting a new thread on this subject is the right thing to do, keeping another thread on topic, as there seems to be some real interest in it.I got this link on a passing thread (not sure where) but for a low budget easy to use camera, maybe we can get some imput.

I'm deffinitly challanged when it comes to electronics of cameras, so here is my input;

http://www.spygadgets4sale.com/produ...w#.UJhjT4Yqiso

Lets get together and see what the easiest/affordable route to go is, IE , the most bang for the buck.

Whatcha guys got ?
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:24 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
I got an 808 #8 camera that I velcro to the brim of my Boston Red Sox hat...a..."hat-cam", if you will.
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:39 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
I wear prescription glasses so the "spy" glasses won't work for me.
I used to have one of the keychain car-alarm cameras on a baseball hat - broke it. Gotta get a new one someday. It really is the only way to go.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:23 PM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Well Karlik, if you don't mind waiting for it to arrive from China, you can get 'em for 6 bucks on ebay...Nitroplanes has the exact camera for almost 35 bucks...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:38 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
I wear prescription glasses so the "spy" glasses won't work for me.
I used to have one of the keychain car-alarm cameras on a baseball hat - broke it. Gotta get a new one someday. It really is the only way to go.
Great minds think alike, that is exactly what I use.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
Well Karlik, if you don't mind waiting for it to arrive from China, you can get 'em for 6 bucks on ebay...Nitroplanes has the exact camera for almost 35 bucks...
You have to be careful, the only one worth having is the 808#16 camera, there are a thousand fakes out there that do not have nearly the same quality.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:41 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I wonder how stable the picture is on some of these, besides my heli flying (if you can call it that) , I also ride a motorcycle and would like to film some of the more scenic rides I take. I seen some videos that make a man sea sick after a few minutes due to a shaky video. Same goes for a lot of the flying vids too.

I dont normally wear a helmet on most of the country roads, so that leaves out straping it to the helmet, thus the 'glasses camera' idea.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:26 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
I have a pair of video sunglass, just need some SW to convert the large video files and it works great for driving, flying.....I bought the cheap chineese ones, work great except when you go from bright light to shadows then you can see the glasses adjust and it takes a second or two to catch up so you have to be careful on a bright day.

You will love them!
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
I have a pair of video sunglass, just need some SW to convert the large video files and it works great for driving, flying.....I bought the cheap chineese ones, work great except when you go from bright light to shadows then you can see the glasses adjust and it takes a second or two to catch up so you have to be careful on a bright day.

You will love them!
Do you have a link for the ones you have? What is "SW" to convert, that like Potobucket ?
Like I said I'm a retard when it comes to this stuff , catching up on all this technology is always a chore for a old guy like me, but it is fun after the frustration is over.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:13 AM
Crash expert
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2011
79 Posts
Best resource on 808-16 key-chain cameras:
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C16/index.html#111126C16

Where I bought mine:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=150720808711

I have used it both mounted to a heli, and velcroed to my dodge BB cap

I have found if you have a governor on you heli and you are able to run at 1800 rpm, the jello effect is not to bad. Seems 1800 rpm synchronizes the vibs to the frame rate.
distructor is offline Find More Posts by distructor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:33 AM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
You have to be careful, the only one worth having is the 808#16 camera, there are a thousand fakes out there that do not have nearly the same quality.
This one shoots some pretty nice stuff, I mean, for what it is, although I will say arming the camera is a bit of a pain. Sometimes it won't "take", so you have to shut it off, turn it back on, but other than that, best 6 bucks I ever spent for a camera! I'll have to post some test stuff from it...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:31 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
honestly, I just got mine from a ebay dealer, I forget which one but picked one with a buy it now price with >98% rating. I got them for ~$16 w/free shipping sometime ago. Start looking here

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=...nglasses&rt=nc
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
honestly, I just got mine from a ebay dealer, I forget which one but picked one with a buy it now price with >98% rating. I got them for ~$16 w/free shipping sometime ago. Start looking here

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=...nglasses&rt=nc
Thanks for the link , I just placed the bid, for that price it cant be beat
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:41 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,869 Posts
I have been using a Turnigy Ultra Mini Digital video Camera from Hobby King a lot. Easy to get setup and going. It comes with a camera mount. What I do is mount it to the top of the visor of a spare cap I wear. The camera costs like $13.00 US plus shipping of course.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
The link above, on Ebay, is a guy putting a ton of these glasses up for 0.99 to start and then gets someone to upbid. I got tired of his game and got these.

They look to be the same but seem to have some better specs, even with shipping its a good price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170919698667...84.m1439.l2649