SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:35 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,303 Posts
Discussion
The new 1450mm Nitroplanes/Airfield T-28 (By A-RC?)

No pictures yet.
Sounds so much like an FMS model. It's bigger than the FMS version 1.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a703-14...d-rtf-24g.html

Specifications:
Wingspan: 1450mm(57.09 inches)
Length: 1198mm(47.17 inches)
Weight: 2500g(88.18 oz)
Prop: 15 inches Propeller
Color: Silver

Electronics:
Servo: 10pcs*9g,1pc*25g
Motor: 4250 out-runner brushless KV580
ESC: 60A Brushless(HobbyWing)
Radio: 2.4G 6ch TX, 6ch RX
Battery: 14.8V-2800mAh-20C Li-Po

10A UBEC/Delay system/Electric retracts landing gear/LED lights/Pilot inlcdued/Decal applied

Overview
Airfield’s latest 6 Channel T-28 Trojan comes powered with a potent 4250 580KV brushless outrunner motor that provides sport aerobatic performance and powered climb with ease. Its tough EPO (Expanded PolyOlefin) construction is exceptionally resistant to damage but can be easily repaired with any medium-viscosity CA or epoxy.
Modeled after one of the Cold War’s premier military trainer aircraft, the brushless-powered Airfield's T-28 Trojan park flyer is a thrilling sport-scale experience that everyone from intermediate to expert pilots will enjoy. To get it flying, just attach the wing and tail while the battery is charging and Ready to Fly. With this model you get the looks and power of an outstanding flight performance from this beautiful scale detail T-28 Trojan. The beautiful silver and black US Air Force paint scheme will look beautiful in the sky or taxing on the ground. Not to mention, it comes with electrical retracts, LED guiding lights, a sporty 3 bladed propeller, flaps, pilot, cowl flaps and lots of goodies.
karltrek is online now Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by karltrek; Nov 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:13 PM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
2,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karltrek View Post
No pictures yet.
Sounds so much like an FMS model. It's bigger than the FMS version 1.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a703-14...d-rtf-24g.html

Specifications:
Wingspan: 1450mm(57.09 inches)
Length: 1198mm(47.17 inches)
Weight: 2500g(88.18 oz)
Prop: 15 inches Propeller
Color: Silver

Electronics:
Servo: 10pcs*9g,1pc*25g
Motor: 4250 out-runner brushless KV580
ESC: 60A Brushless(HobbyWing)
Radio: 2.4G 6ch TX, 6ch RX
Battery: 14.8V-2800mAh-20C Li-Po

10A UBEC/Delay system/Electric retracts landing gear/LED lights/Pilot inlcdued/Decal applied

Overview
Airfield’s latest 6 Channel T-28 Trojan comes powered with a potent 4250 580KV brushless outrunner motor that provides sport aerobatic performance and powered climb with ease. Its tough EPO (Expanded PolyOlefin) construction is exceptionally resistant to damage but can be easily repaired with any medium-viscosity CA or epoxy.
Modeled after one of the Cold War’s premier military trainer aircraft, the brushless-powered Airfield's T-28 Trojan park flyer is a thrilling sport-scale experience that everyone from intermediate to expert pilots will enjoy. To get it flying, just attach the wing and tail while the battery is charging and Ready to Fly. With this model you get the looks and power of an outstanding flight performance from this beautiful scale detail T-28 Trojan. The beautiful silver and black US Air Force paint scheme will look beautiful in the sky or taxing on the ground. Not to mention, it comes with electrical retracts, LED guiding lights, a sporty 3 bladed propeller, flaps, pilot, cowl flaps and lots of goodies.
Why version 2 if it's not FMS!!
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:21 PM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,717 Posts
I could think of only one other that might fit the question and it was posted as: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=rc+t+28

I really don't know who the maker actually is, very scanty info 'til now.

Yes, this wouldn't qualify as a version 2 either.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:37 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,303 Posts
OK. I changed the title of the thread. I believe you are correct. It looks very much like the new A-RC model. They really copied the FMS version with the cowl flaps.
karltrek is online now Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:59 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,114 Posts
Well looks like A-RC
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Last edited by Mikemynameis; Dec 01, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:10 AM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Well that B-25 and B-17 that Hobby Lobby sold was made by E-RC and Freewing B-17 that HobbyKing and BH are the same plane . Hobbyking also sells the big 1700mm P-40 thats made be E-RC . So who really makes it.
Confusing, huh...? Actually, the big P-40N is made by A-rc. We'll know more clearly later on as things are starting to show up on the Nitro Planes site to fill the spot where they lost out on the FMS line.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:13 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,114 Posts
Found some pics from A-RC and these are the same planes that NP is selling
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:24 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
United States, CA, Lake Hughes
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Im moving my posts originally made on the FMS T28 thread over here.

I ordered the Nitro Planes 1450mm T28 at the Ontario AMA Expo last weekend, here are some photos and info on my plane.

There are a few changes to the version I just received vs what I have seen posted recently (referring to the FMS version). This is the 1450mm Airfield RTF version from Nitro Planes.

Single Pilot but not "Goofy", rather nice and detailed scale figure.

The engine cowls are fixed, not servo operated.

There is a separate external UBEC!

Hobbywing 60A ESC in a great well ventilated area,

The factory wiring is not half bad, also notice the magnet cockpit retention.

The engine cut out,

Landing gears doors ARE servo operated with a sequencer board,

But it has the newer metal retracts,

The 4250 580kva motor and mount,

Continuous web hinge, no plastic hinges for any of the control surfaces.

I have a Castle 75amp ESC and Castle 10A UBEC I was planing on using but I may just run what it came with for now. I will be offering the 6 channel raido (TX and RX) and the 4S 2800mAh battery for a very fair deal. Maybe I will sell the supplied UBEC and HW ESC?
dstewart51 is online now Find More Posts by dstewart51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Hangar
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:25 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
I decided to pull the Hobbywing ESC and UBEC. Replaced them with the Castle 75amp ICE and Castle UBEC. Changed out the RX for a Hitec Optima 7. Working on cleaning up the wiring now.

RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:28 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
With the 4250 580kva motor and 4s Sky-Lipo 4400mah 30c pack, static load 61 amps at 14.8 volts (under load) = 916 watts static load. Wow.

Edit, later draw tests have shown 1060 watts, 70 amps at 15 volts. Thats not a peak, that's a steady draw. Not sure how long the stock motor will last? This was after setting the manual throttle end points on the Castle ESC. I'm also running conservative timing.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dstewart51; Feb 05, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:29 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
I did some testing of the retracts, those are some strong suckers. If the gear doors didn't open the retracts will have no problem push them open! Unlike the v1/v2 FMS versions the retracts do not seem to have an overload cutoff if some pressure is applied to them, they just want to open will all the power of a worm gear drive.

Finished wiring clean up

The kit by default used the BEC off the Hobbywing ESC to power the LED's. A separate BEC was used to power the RX and servos. I replaced the HW ESC with a Castle Ice 75 and like before the Ice 75 BEC is powering just the LED's. A separate Castle BEC is powering the Hitec Optima 7 RX and servos.

Finished the build last night. It may get its maiden flight today.

Some other notes, the flap servos do not seem to be special "slow" servos. No problem though, I just set the servo speed in my Aurora 9 to 10 seconds for full deflection to give it a scale look. Had a bit of a hard time getting the front wheel to line up with the rudder. Ended up having to bend the aluminum link arm slightly. I also ditched the front foam wheel for a Dubro low bounce smooth 2.25" wheel. Tried to mount the 2.75" Dubro wheels on the mains but axle was not long enough for the hubs. May try some 2.5" as that will give me a bit more prop to ground clearance that its seems to be lacking anyway.

Edit, got the 2.5" Dubro wheels on the mains. Needed some minor fitting.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dstewart51; Feb 05, 2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:31 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Got back from my maiden flight today. I dont have much to compare with as this is only my second plane. But I did maiden it today and it flew well. Gears, flaps, everything worked like it should have. Even made a half way decent landing (with no flaps). I cruised around 1/2 power for about 10 min just to trim it out and get a feel for it. It wants to climb with power so I need to add a bit of elevator mix in to it. My 4400mAh pac had about half a charge left. Im sure once I start really flying it the run time will fall dramatically. But it was a successful maiden flight and it came home just as it left. Wind permitting Ill be back out there tomorrow.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:38 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,114 Posts
This is not any FMS plane as you know, this is made by A-RC and is alittle bigger then the FMS version. The nose gear is futher back then the FMS T-28.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:00 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
^ When I made my order from Nitro Planes I believed they carried the FMS T28, I see now that has changed. I thought it was an FMS until the guys on the FMS T28 thread told me it was the A-RC.

Note from last night. The Dubro 2.25" smooth low bounce wheel will fit the nose gear with out any issue and give you just a bit more prop ground clearance (which is lacking). I fit the 2.5" smooth low bounce wheels to the mains and used a 4mm nylon washer between the wheel hub on the strut side to keep the rubber from rubbing on the strut. I also had to remove about 2mm of hub from the wheel in order to get the E clip on. These wheels really help provide a little shock absorption.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dstewart51; Jan 28, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:18 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstewart51 View Post
^ When I made my order from Nitro Planes I believed they carried the FMS T28, I see now that has changed. I thought it was an FMS until the guys on the FMS T28 thread told me it was the A-RC.

Note from last night. The Dubro 2.25" smooth low bounce wheel will fit the nose gear with out any issue and give you just a bit more prop ground clearance (with is lacking). I fit the 2.5" smooth low bounce wheels to the mains and used a 4mm nylon washer between the wheel hub on the strut side to keep the rubber from rubbing on the strut. I also had to remove about 2mm of hub from the wheel in order to get the E clip on. These wheels really help provide a little shock absorption.
Ya they used to sell FMS , but these new planes they have are a new line from A-RC.