SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:25 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,573 Posts
Nice , i remember you sending me this video sometime ago. I had it all set up in my peace drone in a elevon config on the PWM 1 and 2, then my esc into PWM 3. From the set up on the bench everything work as per normal. the right elev went up in the direction test. I was just worrisome of what is she would do when i pulled the RTH switch lol.
I think with he bixler though im not going to use the RTH AT(auto throttle), so I'm just going to plug the esc in the DL RX instead.

I've sense pulled everything out of that Peace drone project and now im waiting on my bixler 1.1 to get here. They must of shipped it on a barge this time. It was shipped back on the 4th form HK post and still not in customs here. Im hopeing they didnt have the tracking updates and its sitting in YUL now ready to be handed to Canpost ;0)

Heres a little vid i put together on the step by step process for the older v2 DL systems. Seems there a MASS confusion on what process to use with what FW.
Dragon Link Calibration, ID change and Bind (10 min 43 sec)
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:31 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,159 Posts
Yes, Mike is not very fast to upate its website with the correct instructions. But there is very nice people waiting to help on the DL tread, they just repeat the same stuff over and over again so they know everything by heart
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:08 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,573 Posts
yea he a has a few guys on there that help out. If they didn't im not sure DL would still be in business... Prob would though....He does have good return polices etc. That usally makes or breaks it...

On another subject, I think im going to make a set of goggles. Im going to get one of those smaller 3.5'' monitors on flebay for 15 bucks and fit in a pair of ski goggles.
I tested a printed card about 3.5'' squared to find the focal point in front of my eyes. For me its about 3-4'' away. So ill just make up a small box and fit it in with a small 3s batt like a 500-1000mah or something.

Should turn out good. Beats spending $350 for a set of fatsharks. I think Princesss Auto sells cheap 5 dollar ski goggles. Ive looked around and couldn't find anything done like this. I think it well work pretty good.

Asia is on there new year holidays now, and the seller it not back till the 17th or so, once they are im going to order one of the monitors.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:52 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,768 Posts
Cool project. Fpv goggles crazy overpriced imho
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:06 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,159 Posts
I don't know if they are overpriced, but I do like my FS. Best immerive experience. I do like to use a monitor more and more since I drive the Summit with the flat screen in the basement, but at 42", it is immersive as well Eastcoast, If you build what looks to be a DIY goggle set, please make a tread about it, I'm interested. What is the definition of the screen you will be using ?
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:16 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
3.1km away, 500m up, flying home....
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:53 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,768 Posts
nice job. I like where you put the HD cam. Makes me want to move my cams more aft to get the plane within view.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:03 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
yea he a has a few guys on there that help out. If they didn't im not sure DL would still be in business... Prob would though....He does have good return polices etc. That usally makes or breaks it...

On another subject, I think im going to make a set of goggles. Im going to get one of those smaller 3.5'' monitors on flebay for 15 bucks and fit in a pair of ski goggles.
I tested a printed card about 3.5'' squared to find the focal point in front of my eyes. For me its about 3-4'' away. So ill just make up a small box and fit it in with a small 3s batt like a 500-1000mah or something.

Should turn out good. Beats spending $350 for a set of fatsharks. I think Princesss Auto sells cheap 5 dollar ski goggles. Ive looked around and couldn't find anything done like this. I think it well work pretty good.

Asia is on there new year holidays now, and the seller it not back till the 17th or so, once they are im going to order one of the monitors.
one tip - you say you can focus at 3-4 inches from your eyes. You must be a youngster! By mid 30s all human eyes will start to get presbyopia and need to focus further away. By my age (45) i need anything about 20 inches away from my eyes to focus on it, despite being better than 20-20 vision. Even at younger age it will cause strain to be so close.

But there is a solution. Pick up a couple cheap pairs of reading glasses (hint my Costco had the best pair I tried, and i have about 10). They can enable you to focus close up very comfortably. Fatsharks and other goggles have lenses which adjust the focus so it is like looking at a TV a few metres away, not within 3-4 inches of the face.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:46 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,573 Posts
Thats a awesome shot polix!

well i guess i have youngster eyes BCS, because yes i can focus on something that close. I held the 3.5'' card(mocking a screen) at the tip of my nose, and slowly moved it away. 3'' is when it comes into focus. 3.5'' is perfect. Im 89 years of age...J/k...lmao...
I just turned 35 early Jan.

I found a thread over on the FPV Laboratories where people have used used credit card lens.
First i was thinking i could just situate the small screen 4-5'' away form my face in a box mounted to some FPV goggles. I guess the lens would enable you to have the screen closer?
I'd be continent with just views the screen form 5'' away. In my Bigger normal 7'' light box on my tri pod im 15''.
I just find a lot of light distracts me. So id like to have a fully immerse feeling.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....bs-ECO-Goggles
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:49 AM
Rick
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post

Go to RC Modle reviews site:
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/
He is making a set of goggles out of a LCD screen, drug store reading glasses and a welder's helmet. He has a few youtube videos talking about this. Some good info.
hammer833 is offline Find More Posts by hammer833
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:40 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,573 Posts
thanks, i remember him talking about that awhile ago. totally forgot.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:34 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
556 Posts
Hi All,
I'm just going to get into FPV. I fly 3d planes mainly but want to branch out. I'm in Kelowna, not far from polix. Where does everybody recommend to purchase their AV equipment? I was looking at 5.8 200mW system and maybe a Bixler II for starters. Better suggestions?? I would be interested in that DX8 power upgrade that polix mentioned he did to his. Also I have a Hiteck Eclipse 7 that has had a mental breakdown and I am wondering if anyone here knows of someone who knows electronics that can take a look at it and see if it is fixable?
Kim
elimsprint is online now Find More Posts by elimsprint
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:42 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimsprint View Post
Hi All,
I'm just going to get into FPV. I fly 3d planes mainly but want to branch out. I'm in Kelowna, not far from polix. Where does everybody recommend to purchase their AV equipment? I was looking at 5.8 200mW system and maybe a Bixler II for starters. Better suggestions?? I would be interested in that DX8 power upgrade that polix mentioned he did to his. Also I have a Hiteck Eclipse 7 that has had a mental breakdown and I am wondering if anyone here knows of someone who knows electronics that can take a look at it and see if it is fixable?
Kim
Hey Kim,

I've gotten all my gear from hobbyking, works great. I'm less than an hour's drive from you, so if you'd like you're welcome to pop over to my shop some evening or on a weekend and i'll show you all the gear and show it to you in action. I've got mostly 5.8 gear but i have some 900 too, and i can show you how the dx8 upgrade is hooked up as well.

Jack
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:50 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
556 Posts
Hi Jack,
Thank you, that would be great. I will take you up on that in the near future.
Kim
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:54 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
556 Posts
I just ordered a 5.8 Tx/Rx with antennas from HK. I have a couple of cameras around so all I need now is a monitor. What should I get so I don't get the blue/black screen of death? I don't want to spend too much as I would imagine I will get goggles in the future.
Kim