SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:41 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
So i was bored, and figured out how to stream the view from my plane live via twitch TV... now you're likely going to ask.. WHY? well it's almost 2am, couldn't sleep, so had to occupy myself =)
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:47 AM
Troms Norway
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Hi

I have trouble getting clear audio from my 1,2ghz video transmitter. Have tested bringing it from warm inside to -7 celcius outside. After about 30 sec the audio gets noisy, more and more. The problem is that I need clear audio to connect the reciever to my Ipad, to get Immersion OSD to function. Video seems ok. Bringing the quad inside again, and after a little while the audio returns to normal.

Anyone have any idea to fix it, or a link to a good transmitter that works in cold winter Northern Norway?
MattisNorway is offline Find More Posts by MattisNorway
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:17 AM
Addict
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
Hey, i just moved down here from Calgary maybe 3 years ago... lived in Calgary for 25 years. I still head up there every 2 months to see clients etc.

You want AWESOME fpv scenery? head up to banff, take a right instead of the left into banff on the turnoff. You enter the 'loop'. Lake minewanka or whatever is called, incredible.... there's some real good places to fly there. As long as you hide from the park people i think lol.
Yeah, I've deffinately got to get out to Banff for some FPV but it's a 1.5 hour drive. The wife doesnt look too kindly on 3 hours of driving plus a couple hours of flying. Life just keeps getting in the way of flying.
FPVAME is offline Find More Posts by FPVAME
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:30 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
+1
I just hope it don't turn into a MAAC FPV rules BS discussions...It well slowly fade away...

I can go elsewhere for that...
No problem here, I was just asking because I'd like to film some funflies from the air. That will also depend of how well the LOS'ers will receive me there...

Basically, FPV is more fun discovering the world in new venues, so I too always look for new places to fly. The multis are great for that.

Eastcoast, maybe we could meet halfway in NB this summer ? Could bring some guys from Quebec ?
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:11 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVAME View Post
Great thread

Checking in for Calgary, Alberta
Any other Calgarian FPVers out there?
Gotta admit, I am highly jealous of you BC guys! My local scenery is super bland and the wind in this city drives me mad! Every time I head West to visit my folks I ask myself why I live in this city.
Well you're not to far from the Drumheller/badlands area, some pretty nice flying in that area. Next time I'm down that way I'm bringing some aircraft to to some low flyovers of the hoodoos etc..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:58 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Got a couple new videos for you guys, went out to the field today after strapping my new gopro 3 silver edition (i would have bought the black, but they're not available here yet, turns out the silver is quite awesome on it's own).

First vid: buzzing around the field at low altitude on 720p 60fps. Keep in mind youtube will only show 30fps.

Bixler FPV flight with new gopro3 silver (3 min 5 sec)

sorry there is some audio clipping in here, my first time using final cut pro x.

If you want to truly see what 60fps looks like (since you don't have a gopro) you can use this following link to download the original 60fps file (link will be good for 1 month):

https://aveegraphics.wetransfer.com/...8148d3d6b181a9

Here's the second video (today as well), i upped the settings on the gopro to max and went for altitude... was awesome! blows my old wing camera away. If you catch this link early youtube may have not finished processing the 1080p version.

Bixler FPV Flight with gopro 3 silver 1080p (3 min 16 sec)

Funny thing is, i taped the gopro to the plane with masking tape =)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:11 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,375 Posts
can notice the improvements with every generation of GoPro. nice! Wish our ad hoc club had as nice a flying site.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:45 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,723 Posts
Did the Drumheller walkaround/tour 4 years ago. I was thinking of doing a FPV Pterodactyl to screw around with the diggers.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:47 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Very nice Polix, it seems like there is a lot less horizon distortion with the GP3, even when your horizon was not centered it was hardly noticeable. Very sharp too, looks like a nice area to fly.

I can see the GP3 is on my list for next year..
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:12 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
Very nice Polix, it seems like there is a lot less horizon distortion with the GP3, even when your horizon was not centered it was hardly noticeable. Very sharp too, looks like a nice area to fly.

I can see the GP3 is on my list for next year..
Yeah dangers of mounting the camera with masking tape =) The gopro has a very good lens on it though, there's little to no distortion along the edges, which was a problem with my last wing camera.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:29 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
I was actully thinking about making a RoadTrip to PEI and camp in a tent for a few nights then fnd a motel/cabin type lodging for a few nights for comfort next year. So depending on the finacial situation(buying new house) may be able to swign it. ohh have to run this by my boss yet...

But I think PEI wound be Sweet location for a FPV meet. the red beachs there well make for some great footage forsure.

Winds are dropping tomorrow, going to fly my Radain ProFPV i think.
check my channel for the foam Gopro mount i made...just slapped it together.
Had to open up the servo for panning and reverve a few wires as i have it Y'd off the rudder and it was panning reverse of the rudd. So got that worked out so i must fly tomorrow...

2 part video
FPV pod for RadainPro (11 min 39 sec)

FPV pod for RadainPro Part 2 (12 min 51 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
No problem here, I was just asking because I'd like to film some funflies from the air. That will also depend of how well the LOS'ers will receive me there...

Basically, FPV is more fun discovering the world in new venues, so I too always look for new places to fly. The multis are great for that.

Eastcoast, maybe we could meet halfway in NB this summer ? Could bring some guys from Quebec ?
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Dec 01, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:32 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Y View Post
Did the Drumheller walkaround/tour 4 years ago. I was thinking of doing a FPV Pterodactyl to screw around with the diggers.
That would be awesome, especially one that would glide nice so you could have a silent glide-over. Should be doable, saw some pretty realistic looking RC Eagles etc.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:43 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
This is why i want to FPV the RadianPro
Park Zone Radian Pro at the Beach (8 min 35 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:47 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
It's a great plane to FPV, mind you i have the regular radian, not the pro, but it just stays up there, no fuss, no muss, great plane.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:53 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
I was going to buy the radain v1 then they came out with the Pro. My next one is going to be the bixler...nice videos btw or the 3ch radian. cant wait to play with the DragonOSD. hopefully ill get it this week ;0)
RCG Plus Member