HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:32 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Running it here sure wouln't be a problem, between -25 and -30 C all week
Man, I don't even let the summit out Good time to advance projects in the shop though
i certainly don't miss those temperatures, moved to summerland 3 years ago from Calgary, was there for 25 years... it usually hovers right around freezing here all winter, that's a wee bit easier on me
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:46 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,329 Posts
What's your buisiness ? Maybe I could come work with you ?
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:48 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
What's your buisiness ? Maybe I could come work with you ?
hmm.... lets go back 4 years, had stroke due to stress, closed my shop & fired my 9 staff, moved to small town and now i work alone and i'm much happier lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:52 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Shielding option

For you guys that shield some of your stuff, i picked this up at a local electrical supplier. It's 3M Electrical shielding tape (no adhesive mind you), it's 1" by 15 feet long, see the mesh in the picture below. Wrap around your wire or device, solder a ground wire to it, voila.

Great for when everything is already wired up, more expensive than a tin foil hat.

Of course if you're wiring from scratch easier to use some small diameter metal flex sleeve to start with, and cheaper
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:07 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,329 Posts
I'm not electrician and not good in electronics, so....what do you need that for ? Remove interference ? I studied science in high school and college, but at that time, maybe there was too many beers involved...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:10 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
I'm not electrician and not good in electronics, so....what do you need that for ? Remove interference ? I studied science in high school and college, but at that time, maybe there was too many beers involved...
it's ideal for cancelling out RF interference from other stuff on your rig. For now i'll wrap it around the video signal wire to help reduce RF interference from other components on the quad, i should likely do a range test with and without it to see what kind of difference it will make
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:47 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
Carguy
Make sure you buy the wife lots of presents and things. The amount of time you get to work on stuff amazes me.
I wish I had 1/4 the time you get to play with tech.
I am jealous.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:57 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,329 Posts
Time ! Man, maybe I don't see how lucky I am ? I work 3 evenings a week 'til 9 (and the 5 days of course) ! My wife goes to bed early though, so I can work in the shop until midnight, or sometimes later. I like going to bed late, its the wake up that's tough

Hope you'll have some time to come back to Montreal this summer.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:58 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
it's ideal for cancelling out RF interference from other stuff on your rig. For now i'll wrap it around the video signal wire to help reduce RF interference from other components on the quad, i should likely do a range test with and without it to see what kind of difference it will make
Wouldn't using soemthing like CAT 6 wire do the same and look better ? I must try that, I have some lines in my video on the SW.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:59 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Time ! Man, maybe I don't see how lucky I am ? I work 3 evenings a week 'til 9 (and the 5 days of course) ! My wife goes to bed early though, so I can work in the shop until midnight, or sometimes later. I like going to bed late, its the wake up that's tough
ha! guess i shouldn't tell you i work on my planes etc while i'm at work watching the printers print

Quote:
Wouldn't using soemthing like CAT 6 wire do the same and look better ? I must try that, I have some lines in my video on the SW.
yup, works, i already have the sss wired up that way, but there are some other things i'd like to shield as well
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:02 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,267 Posts
oh yeah with our Canadian temps, heat is not a big worry. But here is has been a consistent +7C for weeks. So wet here that today the oyster seal on my Rolex failed - full of water. no sh^t.

I have considered putting a pair of 'chimneys' on the quad, to allow airflow from outside. If the quad flips over on water, the water would not get inside due to diving-bell effect.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:15 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,329 Posts
BC, you should do FPV boating

Polix, at least my job let's me do RCG while I work I can read and watch vids so when I'm at home, I know what to do...or what to order But I admit, you got it good, you're the only one I know that has "FPV at work" days !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:23 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
BC, you should do FPV boating

Polix, at least my job let's me do RCG while I work I can read and watch vids so when I'm at home, I know what to do...or what to order But I admit, you got it good, you're the only one I know that has "FPV at work" days !
yup just got my last shipment out, took the last stupid phone call of the day, sent the last reminder to customers who need stuff now but don't give me what i need. Printer is set for the next 5 or 6 hours, time to finish those new legs and get the hex back up and running

gotta admit, i got it good
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:03 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,267 Posts
must be nice. It was miserable my 3 days off this midweek. Today and tomorrow I work and .. it is sunny and warm! and there are some gorgeous billowy cumulus low lying clouds right near my flying field begging to be surfed. Yet I am grounded at work.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:01 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
well, successfully made new legs + functional gimbal for my F550 for about $35, just gotta finish wiring up the rest of the stuff and will shoot a quick iPhone vid and upload it for you guys, it's not pretty but it works!
RCG Plus Member