Vintabilly_NS is offline Find More Posts by Vintabilly_NS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:02 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
well off to Cuba gents. And off the grid for a week. No, am not risking bringing a FPV kit down there, though I considered the micro stryker.
enjoy the downtime BC! soak in as much sun as you can!
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:03 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,958 Posts
still mourning the loss of your recently deceased cat? mourn no longer, stuff him and turn him into a quad copter, then you can keep playing with him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ePNdcdNm9fY
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:48 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,181 Posts
We are proud to announce the official launch of the new Zebro 38" FPV wing made in epp, it is entirely made in Quebec and we are realeasing it for the Canadian market 1st.

Join us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/ZebroWings
or come to the official Zebro forums http://www.basement-rc.com/forums/index.php?board=58.0
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:57 PM
Canada, MB, Brandon
Joined Jan 2003
533 Posts
Quote:
Now RVOSD is out of stock.
I hope I got lucky as I received a confirmation for my order on the 10th.....
Bill
BillyM is offline Find More Posts by BillyM
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:28 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,866 Posts
Quote:
Yes kind of skywalker like, but the wing is more high aspect like a glider, there is room for a bit more efficient 12 inch prop, and the fuse is more aero, with cam inside.

Now Wayne says they may be able to ship out some time in Feb instead, and he lives just across the water. Seems he found some Turnigy compact 6S battery which maximizes flight times in small size and lower weight. And a real low Kv Foxtech motor. No actual 3 hours flights logged, but the weather looks really good this week round here for him to give er a go. I will probably just match his build item for item.

Just need to figure which OSD or autopilot system to put in it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...obby-uav/posts
Interested in this plane. Looks really good. Looks like the layout makes sense.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:32 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,866 Posts
So where does the hi def gopro go on the techpod? The nose is taken by the fpv cam.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:28 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
still mourning the loss of your recently deceased cat? mourn no longer, stuff him and turn him into a quad copter, then you can keep playing with him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ePNdcdNm9fY
That one's a classic. Classicly gross ! and funny...kind of.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:11 PM
It's all up from here..
Prince Rupert, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
quick stupid vid of my flying today

[snip]
Looks to be an epic video, polix!!! Good vid, editing and music....

....only critique is........????...SMOKING...????

As a long time smoker (quit 10 years ago after pneumonia kak'd a good portion of the useable lungs I had left) I can only describe how end-stage COPD has affected my FPV flying, which started 3 years ago. My buddy and I went out every weekend that was flyable and, I was only lightly tested on the exertion. Last year, I only felt well enough to go out once....and that was with a tough 2 hrs of setting up/tearing down the ground station and one short flight that was dodgy at best.

Now, I cannot hand-launch an EasyStar and fly it (catching my breath becomes more important than keeping the plane up) and, if I land my plane or quad farther than 5 meters away, I have to ask someone else to fetch it for me. This year, I get portable oxygen....hope to get one more summer flying in.

In ending (apologize for the soapbox..!) I can only, with the best intentions of support, encourage any smokers to give it up sooner than later....

Cuzn
CuznWeakEyes is offline Find More Posts by CuznWeakEyes
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:53 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,855 Posts
Agreed ! My dad smoke for most of his life and had copd. Hequit soon enough not to have lung cancer, but that desease had him search for his breath the rest of his life. Not good.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:29 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuznWeakEyes View Post
Looks to be an epic video, polix!!! Good vid, editing and music....

....only critique is........????...SMOKING...????

As a long time smoker (quit 10 years ago after pneumonia kak'd a good portion of the useable lungs I had left) I can only describe how end-stage COPD has affected my FPV flying, which started 3 years ago. My buddy and I went out every weekend that was flyable and, I was only lightly tested on the exertion. Last year, I only felt well enough to go out once....and that was with a tough 2 hrs of setting up/tearing down the ground station and one short flight that was dodgy at best.

Now, I cannot hand-launch an EasyStar and fly it (catching my breath becomes more important than keeping the plane up) and, if I land my plane or quad farther than 5 meters away, I have to ask someone else to fetch it for me. This year, I get portable oxygen....hope to get one more summer flying in.

In ending (apologize for the soapbox..!) I can only, with the best intentions of support, encourage any smokers to give it up sooner than later....

Cuzn
I quit 6 years ago. Not due to any reason other than my kids telling me they didn't want me to die. At the FPV event in Montreal, I was amazed at how many of the guys smoke. No soapbox, just a good true story that we should all take something from.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:41 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
...At the FPV event in Montreal, I was amazed at how many of the guys smoke...
It was not the only dangerous thing there
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:06 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Well yesterday morning was +4, was thinking about doing some quad flying but it was windy as h*ll so I thought maybe in the afternoon. Also just got about 6" of fresh snow so I couldn't use the leaf blower (my favorite way to keep the decks clear) so I was thinking I should get it done before I went to town & while its warm and let all the snow melt off so it was nice & clean. I decided to have another coffee instead and then go to town. By the time I got back it had dropped to -10, and by the time I got out to shovel the (very large) deck it was -15 and dropping.

That was fun..

Well by
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:40 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,855 Posts
Would have been a lot more fun if you had have an FPV truck to plow the deck while you drank that coffee. Just sayin'
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:32 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Would have been a lot more fun if you had have an FPV truck to plow the deck while you drank that coffee. Just sayin'
If the snow is light a blower works really good, so in theory I should be able to clear it with my multicopter too then (while having a coffee)..

clearing the decks in two minutes (2 min 19 sec)
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr