Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:56 AM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
sucks.
i just read the Freeze Fly was canceled too?
man whats going on. we drive from killeen for all the austin events and really enjoy them.
lets get something going! anything!
Cory

the freeze fly is still on..i am out of town and have not been able to make a new thread. you heard it here the freeze fly is scheduled for the last weekend in jan this year and every after this. no worries C ARCA is still a bad ass club with fun events.freeze fly here we come
Elixir220 is offline Find More Posts by Elixir220
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:36 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
WOW! Too bad I had such a blast at this event a couple years ago.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
283 Posts
I know that there is a lot going on, but officially we told 3DHS about the hotel situation and 3DHS responded that this may cause low attendance and 3DHS said that they did not have any other dates available on there calendars for spring time, so we mutually agreed to try to shoot for next year. ARCA already has an event two weeks before this event, and three weeks after this event. ARCA will still hold the Octoberfest in the fall, so stay tuned.
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:23 PM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,959 Posts
i aint skeerd

any luck getting me kicked out of my club yet?

Chad (park aviator)

yes TEFF is coming back. guys check your calendar and send me some feedback. the dates we are considering for TEFF is march 22-24 or april 26-28. all of us at ARCA are excited about this event and JD is excited about our new sponsors we are trying to line up...stay tuned
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:34 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
i aint skeerd

Chad (park aviator)

yes TEFF is coming back. guys check your calendar and send me some feedback. the dates we are considering for TEFF is march 22-24 or april 26-28. all of us at ARCA are excited about this event and JD is excited about our new sponsors we are trying to line up...stay tuned
I'm ready to come fly down there.... I finally started getting decent at flying... Lol
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Eddie,

preference would be the March date since the April date is so close to the Kingsbury Event. Kudos on the new sponsors!! Heck I never win the raffle anyway and since it's so fun to fly up there...I'm coming with or without sponsors!

Do you guys want to restrict it to electric only? How 'bout TEFF...Texas Extraordinary Flight Festival! lol Íf it's electric...that's cool....I will just have to order a ton of batteries! Where's the best place to order batteries these days?

Frank
FlyingFrankie is offline Find More Posts by FlyingFrankie
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:46 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrankie View Post
Eddie,

preference would be the March date since the April date is so close to the Kingsbury Event. Kudos on the new sponsors!! Heck I never win the raffle anyway and since it's so fun to fly up there...I'm coming with or without sponsors!

Do you guys want to restrict it to electric only? How 'bout TEFF...Texas Extraordinary Flight Festival! lol Íf it's electric...that's cool....I will just have to order a ton of batteries! Where's the best place to order batteries these days?

Frank
Agreed on the restricting part
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:49 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
i aint skeerd

Chad (park aviator)

why would anyone want to kick you out of your club? Youve set up some pretty gooder fly ins bro!! Club would miss out on a ton of knowledge at their field too.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:13 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
why would anyone want to kick you out of your club? Youve set up some pretty gooder fly ins bro!! Club would miss out on a ton of knowledge at their field too.
+1! However, He could move here and help some of my local clubs become more 3d friendly!!!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:29 PM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Eddie,

Frank
Get sky lipo from hobbypartz.com

I will work something out So my fuel buddies can join the fun too. I'll figure something out bro
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:43 AM View Post
Elixir220
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while Elixir220 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:21 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
+1! However, He could move here and help some of my local clubs become more 3d friendly!!!
Hmm a move to middle Ga wouldnt be so bad either.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:56 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Foxfire Village, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,479 Posts
Quote:
i aint skeerd

Chad (park aviator)

March might be better as the April date is close to Joe Nall.
I'm going out on a limb and guess 3DHS won't be one of the sponsors.
bigbobed is offline Find More Posts by bigbobed
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:03 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Get sky lipo from hobbypartz.com

I will work something out So my fuel buddies can join the fun too. I'll figure something out bro
Electric 119" !
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Sep 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
I do want to know....something smells of BS here. The past few years I've seen the clubs across Texas getting along more and more in coming together as fliers to throw down and have some fun with your buds.

Let's host it it at Kingsbury then if hotels are the issue.

Lately I've been getting the feeling there are forums, companies, and individuals who are driving wedges between groups and clubs. I hate to see that happen and the club leadership in all the clubs can easily prevent it from happening. Clubs are non-profits and don't need to please any one "individual". These individuals or companies really don't do that much for the club as much as they serve their own interests.

What I see inevitably happening is those who promote this kind of BS will not have very warm welcomes at the flying fields. It's already happening here in San Antonio.

Frank
Very well said.
hperez is offline Find More Posts by hperez
Closed Thread