SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
Discussion
Propel Sky Force Helicopter

I realize this is a "Toy Grade" helicopter. I have about 25 helicopters ranging from a Syma S107 to a T-Rex 500 helicopter with about everything imaginable in between including quads. I bought this for my grandson. My question is: Does anybody recognize the helicopter as a clone of any other helicopter? There isn't any information about this anywhere and I would like to find something on it. Thanks.
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:00 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
The head looks like the head off of a trex 100, but from what I see of the frame the similarities end there. Maybe the guys in the micro heli forum will know.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:14 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
That looks like a Sheng Mu Toys model marketed under several names; DH9104 is one of them I think. What's the chances of returning it?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:06 PM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
It flies okay. I don't plan on returning it. I just want to be able to fix or get parts if that's possible. It doesn't do real well in a breeze but it's too big for indoors so outdoors is the only option. Attached is a short video.

Propel Sky Force Helicopter (5 min 31 sec)
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycamaro View Post
It flies okay. I don't plan on returning it. I just want to be able to fix or get parts if that's possible. It doesn't do real well in a breeze but it's too big for indoors so outdoors is the only option. Attached is a short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKO0l-2lHgA

Based on your video, it's too small for the DH9104, probably DH 9100. Good luck with that. Very poor QC. Check the soldering on the board.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
sky force helicopter parts

does anyone know where I can get a tail rotor for my Sky Force 3 channel helicopter? This is my first copter but cant find any parts

Thanks
pat perry is offline Find More Posts by pat perry
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
If this is the DH9100, here's a link for a place I found that sells parts for it: http://www.thinkrc.com/misc-parts-wo...-9_82_127.html

I do not know how reputable they are yet, having never used them myself, but since I am in a similar situation of needing parts for the Skyforce helicopter, and this forum helped me identify a possible match for other names the helicopter is sold under, I thought the best way to repay the kindness was to share the link.
Star Fighter is offline Find More Posts by Star Fighter
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:10 AM
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2013
87 Posts
I just got the Sky Force last week and was wondering if anyone knows why it wants to drift to the left. I can't get it to hover from the take-off position. I tried trim but that only adjusts the circular rotation of the heli. I can't seem to find an adjustment on the copter nor any info on how to fix it. I've read where others have had this same issue.

Any ideas?

Oh, and one other question. I noticed the antenna lead on the landing gear is just wrapped around one of the legs. Is there anything I have to do specifically with that wire? I know it's not causing the problem described above because it's on the right side.

Thanks again.
Quickdraw62 is offline Find More Posts by Quickdraw62
Last edited by Quickdraw62; Jan 02, 2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:06 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
You have to adjust the linkage from the swashplate to the rotor.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:29 AM
Joined Jan 2013
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
You have to adjust the linkage from the swashplate to the rotor.
Not to sound too clueless here... lol.. but I'm not seeing any sort of adjustment. I see the linkages on both sids of the swashplate but they are plastic and I do not see an adjustment.

Would it be the rod that connects to the server that needs to be adjusted?
Last edited by Quickdraw62; Jan 02, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:06 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Yes, it is the rod. Sorry, I was visualizing it wrong. I haven't seen one of these in 3 years. They are rather odd ducks.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:31 AM
Joined Jan 2013
87 Posts
Thank you for your help. I guess I'll have to fool with it a bit. It still wants to go to the left so something else is might be the problem.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:55 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
There are some people who added a dummy servo and linkage rod to correct these problems. Search for the DH9100 threads in the beginners forum.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:32 AM
Joined Jan 2013
87 Posts
I posted the same question in the Beginners thread. 2Doggs suggested I raise the left skid. I put 2 washers under each screw on the left skid and that all but fixed the drift. It's very minimal now.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you were wondering if I finally found a fix.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw62 View Post
I posted the same question in the Beginners thread. 2Doggs suggested I raise the left skid. I put 2 washers under each screw on the left skid and that all but fixed the drift. It's very minimal now.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you were wondering if I finally found a fix.
New here. I am having the same problem with mine. Did you use steel washers. There is only 2 small screws on each side of the skid plate. Just want to try and see if it fixes mine too.
bone37 is offline Find More Posts by bone37