Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by 33champ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, IL, Union
Joined Aug 2012
35 Posts
Help!
Double Wing Aileron servo linkages!!

I am in the process of completing a 1/3 scale pitts special, and need help!! what is the best way to connect the top ailerons to the bottom aielerons?? I have seen some ideas online, but i'm sure there are more advanced builders to give me some tips!

Your help is appreciated!
33champ is offline Find More Posts by 33champ
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
Nooby professional.
Trinidad and Tobago, Diego Martin
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Ok so what you will have to do is put a control horn on the top wing which goes down to the trailing edge of the bottom wing. on the to wing have the control horn protruding past the trailing edge of the aileron and on the bottom just have it roughly in line with it. Pm me if you need any more help and also is it a foamy or balsa?
trinidadrc is offline Find More Posts by trinidadrc
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:58 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Byron P51....

Good Afternoon:

I cam across your post re the Byron P51 today. Some time ago, I loaned a good friend money on two Byron kits he was building. He was a very good builder and started both. The fuses are joined on each, and one has the one piece wing and the other is the newer two piece wing..Both have the retracts and support systems. The one with the one piece wing has the brand new never run Byro Drive...The second has no engine. Instruction books are there for both as are the canopies, etc. I am 65 now and have, as my good wife says, too many... At any rate,I would sell both as a complete package, as it is possible he may have had parts stray from one box to the other. It would take a crate, but could likely be done. Price....I gave him $1300.00 as loan on the pair, and thats what I want for both of them. His smoking habit took him, and I have the aircraft. I havent tried to sell them anywhere, but seeing your post made me decide maybe I should do something with them... Thanks...

Cheers
Richard
pipercub63 is offline Find More Posts by pipercub63
Old Aug 01, 2013, 09:51 AM
United States, WI, Pewaukee
Joined May 2006
104 Posts
Who is the manufacturer of the 1/3 Pitts? I am working on a discontinued Great Planes ARF kit. I used the option of an individual servo for each aileron. Hope your Pitts is a good flyer!

Paul
WI53072 is offline Find More Posts by WI53072
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:36 AM
United States, IL, Union
Joined Aug 2012
35 Posts
I am working on a byron 33% pitts. The wings are made of byrofoam.
33champ is offline Find More Posts by 33champ