SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:53 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,035 Posts
Discussion
Where did the 130Xers go?

I miss the 130X information. The thread was getting more political then about the 130X. I just enjoy flying and reading about my heli. Someone should start a new thread and leave off the thread lord stuff.
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,225 Posts
they ran away with their tails wagging.........LOL
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Apr 2010
844 Posts
Bad vibes on the thread?

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:32 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
It is not only the 130X thread, it is the complete 130X forum in Helifreak as well. I have never seen a more controversial helicopter release than this. It is best ever helicopter to some and the worse ever to others at the same time. There seems to be no middle ground at all.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:37 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It is not only the 130X thread, it is the complete 130X forum in Helifreak as well. I have never seen a more controversial helicopter release than this. It is best ever helicopter to some and the worse ever to others at the same time. There seems to be no middle ground at all.
There's no place for middle ground. If there wouldn't be HH stellar customer service the bad rep from such a launch would ruin Blade's reputation forever.

Still, people spend easily $200 extra just to make the 130X fly. To people affording this expense, it probably is the best heli ever. To others, it's a piece of junk.

Is this 130x worth ~$500? For me, no, it isn't.
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:53 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The middle ground are the people working on the fixes. HH should have did the fixes before release. When its working its sweet.
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:50 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
There's no place for middle ground. If there wouldn't be HH stellar customer service the bad rep from such a launch would ruin Blade's reputation forever.

Still, people spend easily $200 extra just to make the 130X fly. To people affording this expense, it probably is the best heli ever. To others, it's a piece of junk.

I have had 3 and not one required any extra money to get flying. IMHO they are the best flying 120 size helis i have owned to date.

From what I have read the people that have had issues do not require 200 in upgrades. Most either require a stiffer tail fin, balanced tail blades or a straight tail shaft
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,011 Posts
It looks like this guy enjoyed 3D'ing the 130X inside the RCDepot store:

Blade 130X crashing around at RcDepothobbies (3 min 23 sec)

It also looks like he enjoyed 3D'ing it outside with RCDepot's prototype Governed 3S Mod:

Blade 130X 3S Governed (2 min 5 sec)
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:33 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,603 Posts
I have been enjoying mine and have yet to spend any money on "fixes". I did spend some money on 5 Nanotech 370mah batteries but that is all. The tail does do the dreaded vibration on spool-up but I can live with that as long as it stays in one piece for another 100 flights or so before I need to replace some worn out parts. It is the best micro heli I have ever flown.
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I have been enjoying mine and have yet to spend any money on "fixes".
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I have had 3 and not one required any extra money to get flying.

Both of you need to learn to not take it personally (I understand where your loyalty stands and I really don't have a problem with it). No need to be defensive.

I was merely stating what I read on HF. I read that forum regularly because I was very interested in a 130X and the amount of problems people accuse is astounding. Unfortunately for me I live outside of HH's influence so I cannot benefit for their renowned customer service.

Now, there's 300X, which is a very interesting machine not being riddled with the 130X' problems. That's very appealing to me, but it's a subject for the next spring
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:13 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Since when does making a statement mean taking it personally?

I was being honest not defensive in my statement saying I have had no issues in which require funds to fix. Though for $200 if I was into bling I could go all out on at least 2 130x's. If someone feels they even need to spend anywhere near that much to get the heli flying how it should they probably shouldn't be flying a heli like that.

While some other countries don't benefit from HH cs It is still a good heli...though I would never pay MAP even more so if I lived in another country that didn't get quality cs.

The 300x while it is a great park heli and I really liked mine the downfall is frame flex. So if you flip around a bit the elevator servo arm will hit the motor bell. So you need an aftermarket frame brace like what Dylan sells.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Nov 29, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post

My 130x is stock and flies great. I have put less than $50 in replacement parts in it in over four months due to crashes. In my experience, there is no need to upgrade any of its parts.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs