HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:27 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntWar View Post
i have an old 4#3b board laying around i might give that a go in the f47 to see if that fixes it.
May be a problem with the 5 wires servo ?
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:57 AM
Hull - East Yorkshire - UK
Joined Jan 2005
59 Posts
got some 3 wires in the parts bin.
AntWar is offline Find More Posts by AntWar
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:55 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Flying F47

Advanced mode, Servo outside holes.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:00 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Tried some other flybars. Check the MJX F47 baby brother thread.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Jul 2012
12 Posts
Hey guys i just received my heli too and was very disappointed by this problem (Rudder reset swashplate to normal state) is there any news from mjx??
GuardianLegend is offline Find More Posts by GuardianLegend
Old Mar 01, 2013, 04:32 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianLegend View Post
Hey guys i just received my heli too and was very disappointed by this problem (Rudder reset swashplate to normal state) is there any news from mjx??
I sent 2 E-mail, no response. I don't expect too much of the F48
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:00 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
I sent 2 E-mail, no response. I don't expect too much of the F48
Sturdy but boring. I just tool around in circles and such. Solo Pro Bravo SX "guts" with a modified WL V911 canopy flies much better and is also pretty sturdy. Does banked turns and is quick with a "chopped" flybar.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old May 23, 2013, 09:50 PM
Joined May 2013
3 Posts
Mjx f47

Ok so I just got my f47 yesterday and I took it on a few flights. It was easy to trim but it has a weird hovering orientation which leans to the right, the tail hold and rotation is horrible. It drifts like when you apply rudder I flew it a few times outside and no problems but once I took it into the gym and crashed it a couple times I broke the tail rotor. I installed the spare and from a modest fall of about 3-4 feet I broke the other tail rotor . I hot glued sparingly and got it to fly again but now my tail motor is dead. 50 bucks for something that didnt even last 4 full battery flights. Sent email to seller to see if he will do anything for me. Let you know how it goes. I think the v911 is the better buy.
Manyb is offline Find More Posts by Manyb
Old May 24, 2013, 03:56 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyb View Post
Ok so I just got my f47 yesterday and I took it on a few flights. It was easy to trim but it has a weird hovering orientation which leans to the right, the tail hold and rotation is horrible. It drifts like when you apply rudder I flew it a few times outside and no problems but once I took it into the gym and crashed it a couple times I broke the tail rotor. I installed the spare and from a modest fall of about 3-4 feet I broke the other tail rotor . I hot glued sparingly and got it to fly again but now my tail motor is dead. 50 bucks for something that didnt even last 4 full battery flights. Sent email to seller to see if he will do anything for me. Let you know how it goes. I think the v911 is the better buy.
I'm building a cheap bricks plane. It's made with 1 $ foamboard and the electronics parts of a small heli in my case my junk F47. Recycle

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...636399&page=21
Old Jun 08, 2013, 08:33 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
If a flybarred helicopter is what you guys want, I'd still go with the V911. It's just comparatively so much better than the F47. The F47 is an average, run-of-the-mill helicopter that really doesn't reflect the doings of a large company like MJX. A shame really! (Though it is a decent indoor helicopter I guess)
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2013, 04:19 PM
Joined Aug 2013
17 Posts
F47 v911 hybrid

I wish I had read all this before I bought the F47. With my second flight the sliding characteristics backed it into a wall broke the rear motor housing which shorted out the circuit board. last night I had a thought. Wonder if the battery would work on a v911. My original v911 is so beaten up that I no longer use it so this was the perfect candidate for my test.

I modified an old v911 skid by cutting just the front part out. I then hot glued the F47 skids onto this base and the standard screw for the rear. All good so far. So soldered the F47 power cable in place. Plugged in the battery and cranked it up. There was not enough lift to get it off the ground. At this point I noticed the F47 blades where quite larger than the v911. Onto Phase2.

I removed the shaft/head/blade assembly from the f47 and installed into the v911. Using the v911 main gear and swashplate. Some tinkering with guides to keep them from clashing and ready to try again. Wow. It flys. And quite well. Unfortunately my v911 tail motor is on its last legs and I can not yet give you a full account of its flying characteristics. I will install a new boom and tail motor and post again.

Anyway the main reason for my post was to let you know the F47 can be put to good use. Just not on its own.
Signet is offline Find More Posts by Signet
Last edited by Signet; Aug 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:33 AM
Artiste Spontané
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2006
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signet View Post
Anyway the main reason for my post was to let you know the F47 can be put to good use. Just not on its own.
Funny I was just staring at both my V911 and F47 the other day, and was wondering the exact same thing! But since they are both relatively new (and flying fine on their own) I was reluctant to "frankenstein-nize" them.

Anyway, would like to hear more!
aspoon is offline Find More Posts by aspoon
Old Aug 14, 2013, 09:41 PM
Joined Aug 2013
17 Posts
v911 / MJX F47 Hybrid Flight Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspoon View Post
Funny I was just staring at both my V911 and F47 the other day, and was wondering the exact same thing! But since they are both relatively new (and flying fine on their own) I was reluctant to "frankenstein-nize" them.

http://www.rchelicopters.info/v911f47Hybrid.html

v911 with MJX F47 Hybrid Mod. 2 Dead Helicopters made into 1 interesting Hybrid. (3 min 53 sec)
Old Aug 14, 2013, 09:57 PM
Joined Aug 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspoon View Post

Still working on it but here is the current machine

Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:00 AM
Artiste Spontané
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2006
129 Posts
Haha... the blades look "oversized" on the v911 body. Looks good!

Anyway, I was curious... the v911 servos/swashplate arrangement is "off" by 45 degrees, whereas the F47 is at a 90-deg angle. With the v911 electronics driving the f47 swashplate, I wonder if it would still fly straight. (or if the servo placement even matters)
aspoon is offline Find More Posts by aspoon