HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:19 AM
Trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
f47 parts?

I haven't broke anything yet but...I'm going to order a couple extra batteries and wanted to know what would be the first things that would break from use or crashes on my mjx f47(have read tail motor,swash plate linkage?ect.)It takes so long to get "stuff"I wanted to go ahead and order.Only had it a week but working at a school(gym) I'm sure it will get a lot of use and abuse
Aiolos is offline Find More Posts by Aiolos
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:26 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiolos View Post
I haven't broke anything yet but...I'm going to order a couple extra batteries and wanted to know what would be the first things that would break from use or crashes on my mjx f47(have read tail motor,swash plate linkage?ect.)It takes so long to get "stuff"I wanted to go ahead and order.Only had it a week but working at a school(gym) I'm sure it will get a lot of use and abuse
I broke 1 tail blade and the tail fin/motor holder on mine, just ordered them. You can also buy a spare tail motor they never last too long on micros, and a flybar may be.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:42 PM
Registered User
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Pulled the trigger and ordered a F47 from Banggood. Now the wait begins! Let's see how this bird performs in my "stable of addiction". Too many heli's, so little time.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:25 PM
Registered User
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Thanks for that Balr14,
Was just basing my comment on the experiences I've had with the super fp and how switching the motor to a comparable coreless one vastly improved performance and flight time. The reason why I said it was inefficient was because the motor got quite hot even in the very cold weather that we're having here these days. I agree that 8 minutes is pretty good though.
Might give swapping motors a try just for the sake of experimentation I guess

Your comment on the long thin blades providing more stability and less responsive flight characteristics is accurate. That is the experience one gets when flying the f47. I really hope the fbl version would be a better flyer..fingers crossed
You thinking of a Blade msr motor? If not, which one?
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:01 PM
The flightless bird
jameschen072's Avatar
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
You thinking of a Blade msr motor? If not, which one?
Was thinking of the genius cp main motor, but I don't know if it'll fit
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:16 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new in this hobby and I really take a big pleasure from it

I have started my adventure with F45 and F47. Just one flight with F45 in case we have winter in my country now. I decided to buy F47 to train indoor for my F45.

Now I am reading this review and see also many positives about V911, mqx sr120 and the msrx. I have noticed with my F47 issues with not stable rotating during hover (additional fwd, bawd movements), little drifting during hand-off hover, tilted body and sometimes not well compensation of tail blade.
Could you tell me if such issues also occur for the birds I mentioned above and which one of them could be the most precise, stable and actually give the most fun? I know it maybe not easy to answer so please give pros and cons for each other referring maybe to F47 or just which one you would say is the best one(ranking) and you advice to buy. Asking in case I am going to buy one of them.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Sebalos is offline Find More Posts by Sebalos
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:25 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Darsh's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Finally found out the reason behind the weird behaviour of the F47 while trying to make coordinated turns...
After disassemblying it i was making some live tests to confirm a lingering suspect... holy !!! the little totally cancels any cyclic input as soon as even the tiniest amount of rudder is applied! them all... I wish there as some way to re-flash the control board to correct the issue, but i guess this is what you get for sticking with cheap stuff....
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:42 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
Darsh can you be more clear please.
Sebalos is offline Find More Posts by Sebalos
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:21 PM
Registered User
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
300 Posts
Sebalos, try to apply left or right elevator, hold it there and apply rudder. You will be surprised that upon applying rudder, elevator is reset to neutral. You can test this when the heli is stationary.

I didn't believe this until I tested it for myself too.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
Oh sh** that's true, the same for me. Tomorrow I will check it also for my F45, I hope not to find it...
Do you know if this issue can be also for V911?
I am considering to buy it in that case to have really god 4ch FP heli or maybe you advise the other one (ref to the post #51).
Sebalos is offline Find More Posts by Sebalos
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:43 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebalos View Post
Oh sh** that's true, the same for me. Tomorrow I will check it also for my F45, I hope not to find it...
Do you know if this issue can be also for V911?
I am considering to buy it in that case to have really god 4ch FP heli or maybe you advise the other one (ref to the post #51).
Big surprise ! same for me , the rudder cancel elev/aile movement ! I check my F45 ...the same thing, that's a big surprise, because I love my F45. The V911 doesn't cancel elev/aile..
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
F47 mixer bug confirmed - or not?

I noticed that my F47 started to back up dramatically any time I added L yaw (rudder) and speed up dramatically any time I added R yaw. My V911 did this too, but it was much less pronounced with the V911 (maybe because it's lighter?) (I'm guessing that this effect is probably a predictable result of physical forces, and the electronics just don't compensate for it well on these cheap choppers, does that sound right?) Pirouette turns are boring - I want to do coordinated forward flight turns, but the F47 stops travelling forward in a L turn even with full fwd stick, even with the pushrod moved to the outer hole on that servo, even in "intermediate" mode on the TX.

I read these posts and saw the problem reported in the last few replies. I tested mine and sure enough, if I held in some fwd or back and then introduced even a small bit of yaw either direction, the fwd/back servo instantly returned to neutral. I think I even held in the yaw at that point and moved the fwd/back stick and that servo stayed completely neutral. I wrote a 1 star review at banggood explaining the problem and sent their cust svc an email asking for a refund.

Then I was curious whether the problem is in the TX or the RX, so I started testing it again, but now it works differently. I have no idea why. Now when I hold in fwd or back and then add L or R I see that the Fwd/Back control is gradually reduced as I increase yaw. It doesn't immediately return to neutral as I thought it did before. Nonetheless, it still flies the same way in those turns.

I don't know whether the mixers in the V911 or other birds are designed to reduce fwd/back like this, does anyone else know? I left my V911 in a hotel room so I can't test it. I don't know why they would be programmed to do this, do you? It seems to me that if physics makes yaw affect fwd/back motion like this, the mixer should be programmed to increase fwd with L yaw, and reduce fwd with R yaw. But there's a lot I don't know about the chopper physics.

Thanks for your help here.
Buphilo is offline Find More Posts by Buphilo
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:37 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buphilo View Post
I noticed that my F47 started to back up dramatically any time I added L yaw (rudder) and speed up dramatically any time I added R yaw. My V911 did this too, but it was much less pronounced with the V911 (maybe because it's lighter?) (I'm guessing that this effect is probably a predictable result of physical forces, and the electronics just don't compensate for it well on these cheap choppers, does that sound right?) Pirouette turns are boring - I want to do coordinated forward flight turns, but the F47 stops travelling forward in a L turn even with full fwd stick, even with the pushrod moved to the outer hole on that servo, even in "intermediate" mode on the TX.

I read these posts and saw the problem reported in the last few replies. I tested mine and sure enough, if I held in some fwd or back and then introduced even a small bit of yaw either direction, the fwd/back servo instantly returned to neutral. I think I even held in the yaw at that point and moved the fwd/back stick and that servo stayed completely neutral. I wrote a 1 star review at banggood explaining the problem and sent their cust svc an email asking for a refund.

Then I was curious whether the problem is in the TX or the RX, so I started testing it again, but now it works differently. I have no idea why. Now when I hold in fwd or back and then add L or R I see that the Fwd/Back control is gradually reduced as I increase yaw. It doesn't immediately return to neutral as I thought it did before. Nonetheless, it still flies the same way in those turns.

I don't know whether the mixers in the V911 or other birds are designed to reduce fwd/back like this, does anyone else know? I left my V911 in a hotel room so I can't test it. I don't know why they would be programmed to do this, do you? It seems to me that if physics makes yaw affect fwd/back motion like this, the mixer should be programmed to increase fwd with L yaw, and reduce fwd with R yaw. But there's a lot I don't know about the chopper physics.

Thanks for your help here.
I checked and on the V911 , the rudder make no effect on elev/ailer. On my F45, I saw the same elev/ailer back off . I think I notice that more throttle speed will ask for a faster return to neutral.

The only reason I see to that rudder effect on the elev/aile is to cancel the big reaction of the helicopter when we combine rudder+aileron+elevator for an easier flight for the beginner.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Thanks for testing the V911

Thanks, fauconnier. Maybe MJX is trying to make things easier for the beginner, but I think they're making it harder instead. It is not easier if the helicopter starts backing up when you add Left rudder. Instead of easier it's surprising and difficult to recover from.

Before I lost my V911 I started learning to compensate for this difference between left and right turns, and it was kind of fun. But because the F47 backs off the elevator (fwd/back) control I can't use it to compensate.

I won't be buying any more MJX models until I know they've changed this "feature".
Buphilo is offline Find More Posts by Buphilo
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:31 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buphilo View Post
Thanks, fauconnier. Maybe MJX is trying to make things easier for the beginner, but I think they're making it harder instead. It is not easier if the helicopter starts backing up when you add Left rudder. Instead of easier it's surprising and difficult to recover from.

Before I lost my V911 I started learning to compensate for this difference between left and right turns, and it was kind of fun. But because the F47 backs off the elevator (fwd/back) control I can't use it to compensate.

I won't be buying any more MJX models until I know they've changed this "feature".
When I bought my F45 , with my co-axial experience. I was on a cloud because I could fly fast a single rotor outdoor helicopter of a good size. Then, with time and error, I started to do nice smooth bank turns, nice smooth eight figures with my Walkera. Yesterday, I learned why these 2 helicopters, both 4 ch FP, are so different. MJX choose to keep the main rotor level to the benefit of the beginner, but not without sacrifice.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion MJX F47 - baby brother to the F45 gordonzo Micro Helis 110 May 01, 2014 09:22 AM
Mini-Review The RC EYE One Review ***Updated: Short flight video! *** jameschen072 Mini Multirotors 195 Aug 06, 2013 08:45 AM
Discussion MJX X100 Review ***Updated: Video*** jameschen072 Mini Multirotors 143 May 02, 2013 10:34 PM
Mini-Review Walkera CB100 Review with pictures and video coming soon Tom Z Micro Helis 46 Jul 24, 2010 10:42 AM