HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:41 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
fauconnier, the tail holds very well for me, did you check the trim? did you initiate the gyro correctly?
Certainly not a trimming issue, the tail hold well on hovering, but spins proportionally to the throttle applied generously. By initiating the gyro, do you mean simply not moving the helicopter when starting the transmitter, it is what I always do with all my helicopters (7 flying). Did you experiment a serious sliding to the left when turning to the right, of course it is a normal tendency that should be compensate easily by the aileron and the rudder, but my F47 doesn't respond fast enough, could be a bad gyro or a bad tail motor....or a bad product !
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:01 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
hmm, well I've flown it quite a lot lately but I haven't pushed it really hard or anything, just normal flights similar to the style I fly the V911 and helios with. It could be the gyro or the motor...there are differences even from batch to batch..so.. I'll see if I can try to push the 47' a little harder to see if there's any loss of tail holding.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:50 PM
Trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
upgrades?

Anyone found upgrades for the f47 like better skids or tail motor?
Aiolos is offline Find More Posts by Aiolos
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:19 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiolos View Post
Anyone found upgrades for the f47 like better skids or tail motor?
Landing skids are perfect. For the tail, I don't know, could be the Gyro, the PCB, the motor, a bad concept .... I don't want to put more money on the F47 before I know if it can transform it to a good flier. The serious looking servos are slow and weak when fix to the long arm hole. The advance setting on the trans. make the rudder working to fast and the tail doesn't follow... I will fly my 3 V911, inside this winter.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
12 Posts
Hey guys when we can expect video from u? Im still waiting for my chopper and at least I want to see this little thing in the work
GuardianLegend is offline Find More Posts by GuardianLegend
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:13 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Fauconnier, I think I found the reason behind the twitchy tail. I've just put my first two packs thru it, used mainly for trimming. I did notice a familiar vibration, that was putting the tail in trouble. So i stopped it, and found that the blades had a huge flapping play.
So i took the head apart, and realized that spindle shaft is just too thin for the blade holders!
In order to make the spindle fit better to reduce the play, without hampering with blade tracking, i used very small (2x7mm) strips of clear tape that have been carefully wrapped around the ends of the spindle, making it a few tenths of mm thicker.
Now the F47 tracks smoothly thru the air, and its tail holds in rock solid.
It's a sleek looking bird, and i'm sure that a flybarless version (F48) would look even better. Will definately consider getting one when it comes out, meanwhile, i've got something to play and tinker with for the winter.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:11 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
Fauconnier, I think I found the reason behind the twitchy tail. I've just put my first two packs thru it, used mainly for trimming. I did notice a familiar vibration, that was putting the tail in trouble. So i stopped it, and found that the blades had a huge flapping play.
So i took the head apart, and realized that spindle shaft is just too thin for the blade holders!
In order to make the spindle fit better to reduce the play, without hampering with blade tracking, i used very small (2x7mm) strips of clear tape that have been carefully wrapped around the ends of the spindle, making it a few tenths of mm thicker.
Now the F47 tracks smoothly thru the air, and its tail holds in rock solid.
It's a sleek looking bird, and i'm sure that a flybarless version (F48) would look even better. Will definately consider getting one when it comes out, meanwhile, i've got something to play and tinker with for the winter.
Mine simply don't hold when a brief strong throttle is applied, and slide a lot on right turns. The problem being worse, I simply ordered a 2.37$ ( A good reason to by MJX product) tail motor from banggood yesterday, the most probable source of tail lagging. I'm happy to know that that your F47 is ok so the problem could be corrected. Wait a couple of weeks for my next message.

I also ordered a balance charging cable 3 in 1 for my accucell, the original charger being really slow.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ba...r-p-51891.html
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:38 AM
Trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Mine simply don't hold when a brief strong throttle is applied, and slide a lot on right turns. The problem being worse, I simply ordered a 2.37$ ( A good reason to by MJX product) tail motor from banggood yesterday, the most probable source of tail lagging. I'm happy to know that that your F47 is ok so the problem could be corrected. Wait a couple of weeks for my next message.

I also ordered a balance charging cable 3 in 1 for my accucell, the original charger being really slow.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ba...r-p-51891.html
Thanks to both of you I haven't got mine yet but all these tips are good to know.I even read the manual online.I'll know more about it before it even gets here.Forums are such a great place for knowledge!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:18 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
300 Posts
I've been flying mine for the last two days of owning it. Some impressions of the f47...
1) I like the smoothness of the n20 motor. Quiet and buttery smooth.
2) The heli slides a lot. Reminds me of the Walkers CB100, but more controllable.
3) My heli has no issues with tail hold. Holds perfectly even after 5min of flying.
4) Control sticks are smooth and better quality than the one given by WL toys. The best feel so far, just ranked below my Turnigy 9x.
5) Battery can be charged using the charger from my Ladybird v2. That's a plus point as I don't need to have many chargers on hand.
6) Heli withstands crashes well. Crashed it a few times and it survived without any scratches.
7) For beginners, do take note you have to compensate for the left drift upon take off. Not an issue for me though.

I think this is my best FP helicopter for now. I really love the build quality. Much better than the Benma Helios and even the v911. Its worth the price I paid for from BG.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Jul 2012
12 Posts
VIDEOS please. =)
GuardianLegend is offline Find More Posts by GuardianLegend
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:34 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
It's been freezing cold here lately..I'll try to get a video in but no promises, the weather has deteriorated to the point in which only quads can be flown. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon

Thanks to TFMeouch for the further review good to see that you like it
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Dec 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:46 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFMeouch View Post
I've been flying mine for the last two days of owning it. Some impressions of the f47...
1) I like the smoothness of the n20 motor. Quiet and buttery smooth.
2) The heli slides a lot. Reminds me of the Walkers CB100, but more controllable.
3) My heli has no issues with tail hold. Holds perfectly even after 5min of flying.
4) Control sticks are smooth and better quality than the one given by WL toys. The best feel so far, just ranked below my Turnigy 9x.
5) Battery can be charged using the charger from my Ladybird v2. That's a plus point as I don't need to have many chargers on hand.
6) Heli withstands crashes well. Crashed it a few times and it survived without any scratches.
7) For beginners, do take note you have to compensate for the left drift upon take off. Not an issue for me though.

I think this is my best FP helicopter for now. I really love the build quality. Much better than the Benma Helios and even the v911. Its worth the price I paid for from BG.
+1 , does the tail hold well with a full charge at full throttle lift ?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:21 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Ok, I've managed to reproduce the tail loss effect in a pitch pump. The only way i coud do it was to put full throttle, then slam it back all the way down effectively shutting down the tail rotor while the main was still carrying some inertia. The only reason why someone would do this is... avoiding hitting a low ceiling?
Anyway another thing to be wary of is, of course, flybar strikes, especially on the canopy, which is probably less of a showstopper than a tail strike. However i suppose this is a common problem with flybarred micros, so it's not really a big deal.
I've noticed that the main motor gets very hot after a single pack with the canopy on; I flew another without the canopy and it was barely warm, so i'll pass it to the mods department for an improved cooling solution...
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:53 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
Ok, I've managed to reproduce the tail loss effect in a pitch pump. The only way i coud do it was to put full throttle, then slam it back all the way down effectively shutting down the tail rotor while the main was still carrying some inertia. The only reason why someone would do this is... avoiding hitting a low ceiling?
Anyway another thing to be wary of is, of course, flybar strikes, especially on the canopy, which is probably less of a showstopper than a tail strike. However i suppose this is a common problem with flybarred micros, so it's not really a big deal.
I've noticed that the main motor gets very hot after a single pack with the canopy on; I flew another without the canopy and it was barely warm, so i'll pass it to the mods department for an improved cooling solution...
Good to ear that , a new tail motor could solve my problem. The flybar strike problem is less common then for the V911, It is probably because of the sliding, buttery way the F47 respond. True, both motors get very hot, I had good result on a big coax, by simply making a hole in the canopy like Syma does. Did you notice that the Usb charger overcharge most of the time. I often noticed 4.30 and 4.29, is it serious ?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:22 PM
Trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
f47!

Just got my mjx f47 today and I love it.Took 3 packs to get it trimmed out but it hovers hands off now.I can see I'll have to get extra batteries this things a hoot.I work at a school so I've got my own heliport.I'll post pics when I can.
Last edited by Aiolos; Dec 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM.