HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Help!
Hitec Optic 6 High Rates

Hi,

I have a Hitec Optic 6 on 2.4ghz and when I switch the elevator/rudder or the aileron high rates with the trim changes slightly but enough to affect the trim of the plane. To get the required throws for high rates I have had to set the high rates and then flick the switches down to activate low rates. I can not see where in any of the menus that might be a cause for this.

Thanks in advance
jordyk81 is offline Find More Posts by jordyk81
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:29 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyk81 View Post
Hi,

I have a Hitec Optic 6 on 2.4ghz and when I switch the elevator/rudder or the aileron high rates with the trim changes slightly but enough to affect the trim of the plane. To get the required throws for high rates I have had to set the high rates and then flick the switches down to activate low rates. I can not see where in any of the menus that might be a cause for this.

Thanks in advance
Not sure what you are trying to do.
Do you have an Optic 6 or an Optic6 Sport?
For the Optic6 enter the D/R menu and set the throws while selecting the corresponding switch.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:29 AM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
I have the Optic 6. I have the duel rates set up. For example when I switch to high rates on the elevator the elevator moves and the plane starts to dive. If I trim that out when I switch back to low rates it climbs and have to trim that out. Does that make sense?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:43 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,153 Posts
no definitive answer.

I would check your subtrim (S.TRM) for the elevator channel.
You want to keep it close to zero by mechanical adjustment of the servo.

Other than that you may have some Tx mixing coming into play.
There's a lot of Optic 6s out there and the radio forum may be of more help.

Good luck
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyk81 View Post
I have the Optic 6. I have the duel rates set up. For example when I switch to high rates on the elevator the elevator moves and the plane starts to dive. If I trim that out when I switch back to low rates it climbs and have to trim that out. Does that make sense?
Yes, that makes sense. On the Optic 6 the trim is a percentage of the full travel. So when you switch from low rates to high rates the full travel distance increases, so any trim that was dialed in will increase proportionally. The only way to get around having to reset the trim when switching rates is to not have any. i.e. set the control surface mechanically so the airplane flies as desired.

Larry
Lnagel is offline Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Thanks guys. Larry you are right, with no trim in it doesn't move so I will set about changing the linkages.

Cheers.