SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by chyorn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:13 PM
Adam Stallcup
Forsyth Mo
Joined Jan 2008
73 Posts
Trader Rating: 106
Sold
spe 40cc motor PRICE DROP! now $160 shipped!

I got this from a guy here off of RCG's, but the project I got it for didn't pan out, so it is up for sale to pay for a 9303 I bought the other day. When he had it, he tried to monkey rig his own stand off's out of dowel rods (look at the picture), and they are clearly not the same length, so when he tighened em down, he broke a few of the stand offs off of the back case half. He bought a new set of case halfs for it, and shipped it to me.

I took the motor apart, got new gaskets for it, and put it back together the right way (I figure if I can tear down a chevy small block, I ought to be able to do a 40 cc motor!). The inside of the motor looked good; I wish I had taken a picture of it, but oh well. turns over great and has super compression.

The main difference between the SPE 40 and 43cc motors according to cermark are:
1. 3 more cc's
2. The crank does not pertrude out the back of the case on the 43. This is how to tell the two apart.
3. Same carb but a different looking muffler.

I put it back together with the original front half as it looked fine, plus I didn't want to take the front of the motor apart.

When I ordered new gaskets from cermark, I asked them about the missing two front hub bolts; clearly it is drilled for 6, but only 4 are there. They said that is how they ship them. The 43cc motors are the same with 4 / 6 bolts. New the 43cc motor is $289 from cermark, here is a link to one. I am asking $160 shipped OBO. paypal ok.

http://www.cermark.com/products/SPE%...AS-ENGINE.html

So, you get the motor, a new front case half, the ignition, the carb and muffler and for free I will throw in the monkey stand offs for laughs! I also have a printout of the manual for the 43cc motor, I dunno why he printed that on as it is a 40cc motor.

There is a small dent in the back side of the muffler, not for sure what this is all about as the muffler would be upside down for this to be an inpact mark. No broken or bent fins, no scratches. The top fin for some reason has one corner of the fin machined off, look at the picture. prop washer is included, but was sitting on my workbench when I took the pictures.
chyorn is offline Find More Posts by chyorn
Last edited by chyorn; Nov 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: dropped price
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread