SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:48 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
Mains reinforcement and slots for servo wires (wing)

I finished up the enhancement for the gear in the fuselage (mains) and some slots in the fuselage to permit the wing servo wires to be attached.

I used 1/32" ply and used CA to affix between the runners just aft of the main wing mount. I then cut a 1/2" slot, just wide enough to permit the servo connectors to pass through. The ply will provide a guard against wire pulling out during assembly, and also some protection on the siding (which is Monokote). I also used a small bit of clear monokote over the slot to strengthen it from ripping or running, just in case

Oddly enough, no slots or anything was on the model! Not even in the manual! Must be a quirk...

My gear mains are reinforced using two 1/8" CF rods running between the two main runners holding the gear mount, affixed with epoxy. I also took care NOT to have epoxy make its way into the blind nuts, so that when my CF mains arrive, these can be put on in lieu of the stock kit gear. Two 1" x 3/4" balsa blocks were also placed between the small runner struts above the CF rods, epoxied as well. This will be much stronger than stock, and the balsa is mounted with the grain running vertical for strength.

I'll shoot some pix tonight, as I am wanting to also paint the inner firewall, and RX tray. I was sort of tired last night, and did not do too much on the plane other than those two little things.

Stay tuned! Motor, spinner, and CF gear due to arrive any day!

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
to remove ads between posts