SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:27 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
If I had a place to do it, and the Doctor could prescribe me a pill for patience, I would love to do a kit. I just think I would get fed up,box it up, and forget it though....
that's what nearly happened to me. I still can't believe i ever got it done being 13 years old at the time. I can say I'm proud to have done it once. But I don't think i'll ever do it again.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:28 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Knifemaker likes tats - I like the other one!
Oh, Norman. That was BAD. No soup for you...

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:28 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,614 Posts
Quote:
If I had a place to do it, and the Doctor could prescribe me a pill for patience, I would love to do a kit. I just think I would get fed up,box it up, and forget it though....
what really sucks is when it crashes. All that work down the drain. Stupid O.S 25 glow motor. It had run great for nearly two years. Then one day out of no where, stupid dead stick immediately after take off leading to a tip stall and wham! That's when i got into ARFs
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:33 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Speaking of points on this forum, being not forum literate, how do you know if you have points?
You to your "My RCGroups" and there should be a listing of your active points at the bottom of the page.

No listing= no active points= no worry.

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:46 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
LOL. I realize that most in this hobby are aged 60+ and retired with the time to scratch build. But not everyone is a war bird circle flier.

Does anyone buy an actual kit anymore? I think Top Flight still makes a few from what I see on the Tower Hobbies catalog. But they are becoming increasingly rare. Almost everything is an ARF these days. Even the high end 3D stuff.
The last "real" kit I bought wat the Top Flight 60" P-51B... I have bought 2 House of Balsa kits, they are ok, but they could have been done a little better.

Since I started making ARF type kits, well more work than the ARFs you used to I gave up buying the products of others, I was just about ready to buy a P-51 from Blitz but I decided not to after hearing from the guys and reading the reviews... I am tenpted to have them remove RCWorks from the name because of the quality concerns and I do not want the confusion with my own products.

I am looking at breaking out of foam next year in to some molded composites and maybe later on some wood, I just don't see the market for wood like there once was. That's sad.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,614 Posts
I love my foamies too. I have a few kits from DW Foamies and they are simply superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
The last "real" kit I bought wat the Top Flight 60" P-51B... I have bought 2 House of Balsa kits, they are ok, but they could have been done a little better.

Since I started making ARF type kits, well more work than the ARFs you used to I gave up buying the products of others, I was just about ready to buy a P-51 from Blitz but I decided not to after hearing from the guys and reading the reviews... I am tenpted to have them remove RCWorks from the name because of the quality concerns and I do not want the confusion with my own products.

I am looking at breaking out of foam next year in to some molded composites and maybe later on some wood, I just don't see the market for wood like there once was. That's sad.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
I think it would be very interesting to get the entire LTUP gang together to meet face to face.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:55 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
I think it would be very interesting to get the entire LTUP gang together to meet face to face.
we should do a fly back (that's what we call it at work) to Vegas
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:55 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
we should do a fly back (that's what we call it at work) to Vegas
Works for me. Speaking of which, is ET gone for good?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:56 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,614 Posts
Quote:
Works for me. Speaking of which, is ET gone for good?
God. I hope not. I think it's ridiculous that he's suspended.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:56 AM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,059 Posts
Quote:
LOL. I realize that most in this hobby are aged 60+ and retired with the time to scratch build. But not everyone is a war bird circle flier.

Does anyone buy an actual kit anymore? I think Top Flight still makes a few from what I see on the Tower Hobbies catalog. But they are becoming increasingly rare. Almost everything is an ARF these days. Even the high end 3D stuff.
I do Denver..there's nothing much out there in ARFland that appeals to me. I liked some of the funky stuff that Hobby Lobby used to import, but alas, they carry the Same Old Stuff now, as does everybody else.
You want someting different,(old timer, odd scale, glow powered combat) ya have to build.
Cash
CashRC is online now Find More Posts by CashRC
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:59 AM
Smoke & Fire
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
Quote:
God. I hope not. I think it's ridiculous that he's suspended.
HE isnt suspended, I think he finally realized the actual value of the content of his posts were valued not as much as some.
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
HE isnt suspended, I think he finally realized the actual value of the content of his posts were valued not as much as some.
Maybe he is dancing with Laura Ingrahm.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
is he banned? I for one, wish he'd come back. This is what LTUP is for.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:10 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Agreed - it'd be good to put a face (and character) to our Nemesis!
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam