SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2001, 02:11 AM
Matsuyama city, Japan.
Joined Feb 2000
489 Posts
New brushless motor from JR

This brushless motor is made by JR in Japan for Voyager-E.
http://www.reindeerski.net/kei/toys/upgread/motor3.html
This will be sold with ESC.
Tohru Shimizu is offline Find More Posts by Tohru Shimizu
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2001, 03:06 AM
TeamTP,Minicopter,Spartan
Mississippi 31 years , Now Kotzebue , Alaska 12
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey

I wonder how much in US dollars it will cost , and I heard it wont handle but just 8 cells , huh ? and will it be a combo with this motor? that will be the REAL QUESTION
and plus I also heard that you cant get this motor hot or work it to much to get it hot, huh? thats the motor I need ,if its at a good price Tony
misskimo is offline Find More Posts by misskimo
Old Nov 19, 2001, 10:09 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,343 Posts
It looks like it needs some more work before release. The picture shows automotive style connectors and a extra cable that looks like it has sensors.

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Nov 19, 2001, 11:05 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,439 Posts
I see "B40" and "3SLB-40-6-12" mentioned in the text. Does that mean they based the design on the Hacker/Kontronik combo? Apparently this is one of those "spy shots" which may not be what the final product will look like.

Those bullet type connectors are used on almost every Japanese heli/plane/car electric motor included in the kits. Are those the "automotive connectors" you were talking about? I think they are probably one of the worsest connectors next to Tamiyas.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Nov 19, 2001, 06:42 PM
Matsuyama city, Japan.
Joined Feb 2000
489 Posts
JR company said that the motor is their original design, so that is different from German motors.

As you can see in the photo, this is the sensor-type. I heard from a firend that the set price of the motor and esc will be 25-28USD. I don't know if it has been already released or not in market.

I don't know the performance of the motor. Anyway, if the motor dose not require the pinion gears more teeth than that for standard brushed motor, the motor performance will be similar or lower than German motors. Because, powerful and high efficient motors generally tend to have lower KV value.

T.S
Last edited by Tohru Shimizu; Nov 19, 2001 at 06:49 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2001, 07:30 PM
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey, 25 to 28 bucks , got to have it then

you must mean 250 to 280 dollars huh? hey I will dig up what was said on the voyager group 2 months ago when we were chatting about the new motor and tell you what was said about it , huh ? I even saved a picture of it back then ,

Tony
Old Nov 19, 2001, 09:21 PM
Matsuyama city, Japan.
Joined Feb 2000
489 Posts
It is my mistake. It is correctly 250-280 USD.

About two months ago, I also got the info for the new motor. When I knew the price is more recent. If it has already been released, I will report about the motor in this thread in the next week.

P.S :
But, I won't buy it, at present. Rather, I will buy a German motor, Actro24-4 for my Logo20 in a few weeks .
Old Nov 21, 2001, 07:29 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Mar 2001
180 Posts
i wouldnt trust it

for $250-280 you'd be better off with the Hacker B40-8L

after JR's fiasco with thier faulty brushed motor design why would you even want to trust a BL motor of thiers...

especially if there are proven solutions out there.

if you wanna see a Voyager with a Hacker and 10 cells check my video:

http://www.imagedv.com/raptoronline/...r-video-1.html
it's a 16mb real media file so be patient.
Voyager E is offline Find More Posts by Voyager E
Old Nov 21, 2001, 08:32 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2000
1,314 Posts
Per my info, there's a new Hacker motor designed specifically for the VoyagerE. They are known as the C40-11S (8 cells) and C40-12S (10 cells). Preliminary info indicates that the heat sink is built onto the can of the motor. With the S designation, they must be using the short can motors. I see no reason why they need to produce a motor specifically for the VoyagerE since the 8L and 9L has worked fine since the beginning. One thing I know for sure is the S can motors are cheaper.
rcdude is offline Find More Posts by rcdude
Last edited by rcdude; Nov 21, 2001 at 08:35 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2001, 09:10 PM
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey DJ

might have to eat those word that you typed there , huh?
unless I miss something , he he ha ha
Old Nov 21, 2001, 11:55 PM
Matsuyama city, Japan.
Joined Feb 2000
489 Posts
I saw new L-type motors at thier factory in Germany in this Sept.. The magnet is little improved, Mr.Hacker said so. So, the KV value slightly decreases. The cooling fin was permanetly fixed. The can's color was black.
Old Nov 22, 2001, 02:13 AM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Mar 2001
180 Posts
eat what?

and what words am I supposed to eat?? you lost me... i have to say I consider myslef a guru when it comes to Voyagers and brushless set ups, but hey theres always room to learn.

so clue me in... what did I miss?

DJ
Old Nov 22, 2001, 03:18 AM
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey , DJ , you dont need to eat anything

yeh , I read everything over again and I thought the new JR motor was made by hacker by what Tony was saying , you see like my borchert , the place where I bought it from told me that a small family owned business was making just a hand full of these motors a day , well , sometime later I found out that another company is makeing them , kinda sucks that I end up finding out buy someone one the net and he gives me the site address but o-well , thats what got me confused here , so Ill take my foot out of my own mouth , but I did say on my last post , ( UNLESS I MISSED SOMETHING! ) so that must mean that I just had my little toe in there instead of my foot , he he huh? he he Tony
heres the picture that I got from voyager group sometime back
Old Nov 22, 2001, 10:06 AM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Mar 2001
180 Posts
hehehehe! thats cool..... so.. do you think the JR motor is worth buying??

DJ
Old Nov 22, 2001, 10:23 AM
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hell

I dont know , but it is brushless , no brushs to eat and hell if you burn up that hacker I dont see you getting one anytime soon , because that hacker is " on like a chicken bone!!!!!"
Tony