HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:39 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,677 Posts
You take FrSky out and plug this module in and it's ready to go.
And hopefully you'll have more range than before.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:22 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
You take FrSky out and plug this module in and it's ready to go.
And hopefully you'll have more range than before.
It's the telemetry to the ground station that I'm worried about. I'm using a 3DR 433 MHz radio for telemetry to my laptop .
P Scott is offline Find More Posts by P Scott
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:08 AM
Joined Jun 2010
555 Posts
You obviously cannot use 433 for telemetry and control at the same time...would interfere, right? Get the 900mhz data radios instead..
squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:02 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
one main fault with OpenLRS was the fact no JR module available, pretty "bad" as 9x was a best seller and still is,
and for me the JR/Futaba adapter was not a good solution to me, not very elegant.
also i was afraid about how immune it is to noise as the receiver looks pretty poor in components,
SimpleOSD was very sensitive to any switching noise, and compared to the ultrafiltered RVOSD, the amount of components was equivalent,

Probably the company that made the copy is the same that makes the shell for 9XR
i am a bit dissapointed to see the LRS they were talking about for 9XR is already in the market
However i think as a guy already said; you will not win the fight and the best way is to keep innovating
I would bet for an "All in one" system, with Receiver/OSD/Video transmitter in one pack,

DMD is already doing this and its looking pretty good the preview

wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Last edited by wallaguest1; Dec 01, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:50 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Scott View Post
It's the telemetry to the ground station that I'm worried about. I'm using a 3DR 433 MHz radio for telemetry to my laptop .
I've heard reports from one guy here in San Diego that 433 3DR Modems don't work well with Dragon Link. I'd go up to 900mhz if possible for your telemetry link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1137
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:29 AM
Joined Jan 2011
512 Posts
I can say that I am sticking with Melih's OpenLRS. He has great customer service, cheap shipping and is committed to open source.

Furthermore, wouldn't be great if we could get some core OpenSource devs from Flytron, Multiwii/CC and a few others like Dennis, IBCrazy, TC and kha (and many others around here) together...imagine what could be built! We really aren't to far away from a Rx with an IMU/OSD/RTH.
CheckSum is offline Find More Posts by CheckSum
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:53 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSum View Post
We really aren't to far away from a Rx with an IMU/OSD/RTH.
We could jointly design a board with
- STM32F407 (or maybe F3xx) CPU
- RFM22 (radio)
- MPU6050 gyro/acc
- Ms5611 baro
- 3v3 stepdown

And separate gps board connected with i2c with
- atmega328
- hmc5883l mag
- ublox6 gps

This should give almost endless possibilities.

E.g. I believe OSD could be implemented by SW using stm32 dma driven spi with just lm1881 on the board

The software could be built from existing projects like openlrs aeroquad openpilot to name a few. It would be nice to design it startting from architecture so that it would be highly modular with static interfaces between main components. Radio-IMU-flightcontrol-gps-osd etc.
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kha; Dec 01, 2012 at 04:59 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:18 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Scott View Post
I see, indeed that could be a problem.
With the RFM22 you can change channels, for example people in the UK and with the openLRS are using the 459Mhz (they can't use 433Mhz there).
I'm no RF expert but I believe that with this lower frequency the channel spacing doesn't need to be as big as with higher frequencies, so you could potentially use this two ranges of frequencies.

I'll actually try that, I have here a couple of boards that I'm using for test and dev and I'll set them to these two frequencies to see if they interfere much.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:27 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,987 Posts
Actually the channel spacing should be determined from modulation bandwidth and there should be no need to change that when switching between 435 and 459.

Could someone priv me the frequency range allowed in UK maybe with link to somewhere having the 'official' info.
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:45 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
557 Posts
Ya just cant beat the " Rangelink system"
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:15 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,768 Posts
MSEV did nothing at all. Those of us who looked into it suspect his account was hacked during the password security breach a while back. But the Mods on here prefer to do it the Taliban way - shoot first, ask questions later. It's the reason FPVLab now has more views and posts per day than this place.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:33 PM
crd
Always thinkering
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2006
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
MSEV did nothing at all. Those of us who looked into it suspect his account was hacked during the password security breach a while back. But the Mods on here prefer to do it the Taliban way - shoot first, ask questions later. It's the reason FPVLab now has more views and posts per day than this place.
1...2....3. You are banned also
crd is offline Find More Posts by crd
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Hmm, perhaps its time to check fpvlabs since everyone is getting banned here. What's going on?
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Jun 2010
555 Posts
When I want serious info or have a question about FPV I don't even bother looking here, I just go straight to FPVlabs, this place if full of loud noobs who think they know, when over there it's people who actually do know...
squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:41 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,071 Posts
I hope you realize that everyone actually read and post to both forums. Not only your post is insulting the community in general, for no good reason, but it's also completely irrelevant.

And then people wonder why they're getting suspended. That's a prime example.
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp