openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMeUp View Post
static unsigned char hop_list[] = {22,10,19,34,49,41};

Is that a hardware limitation? That's not many channels
Hardware allows operating at very large frequency range.430 - 450 MHz if I renember right.

OpenLRS uses static hopping ie. jumps between predefined channels. One wants to edit that list to contain ranndomish values.

There is no real point hopping more than maybe 6 channels as that would slow down resync in case communication is lost. Using less makes it vulnerable for fixed frequency interference.

I will need to check what values can be used to keep the system on the 433ISM band.
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:19 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Yes I will be adding things. One thing for sure will be GPS so that telemetry will send info down but also beacon would broadcast the position.

This could be used for antenna tracking too.
Will you be using Melih's 1W version for transmitter also? (will you include support for it in your code?)
I'll sent you a PM later I need to ask you something specific.
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:14 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Will you be using Melih's 1W version for transmitter also? (will you include support for it in your code?)
I'll sent you a PM later I need to ask you something specific.
I am not using the 1W tx at least yet and neither have the M1/M2 TX modules.

I plan to add support for them and actually I have a contact already who is willing to test with the v3 module.

Just noticed that the 'official' TX modules have the radiomodule overlapping the ICP1 which I use for PPM sampling so I need to reintroduce the interrupt based system for them but I plan to do it shortly. (i.e. the connect CPU pins 1 and 12 cannot be used)

I'm maybe doing a own version of the 1W module with the wiring modified so that everything is connected to right places. (PPM to ICP1 and RFM to the AtMega SPI port).
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:22 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,411 Posts
So you have both option of using normal receivers and ppm receivers right? It would be cool if you could send me your modified schematics.

I sent you a personal message if you have time could you also reply to that (I asked you something about pinout )
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:23 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Yes I will be adding things. One thing for sure will be GPS so that telemetry will send info down but also beacon would broadcast the position.

This could be used for antenna tracking too.
Where would you display info, on an OSD on the ground or on some 16x2 lcd or something? Maybe it would be nice if you could make your own thread where we could discuss things.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:32 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,914 Posts
Yeah I will make a openLRSng thread shortly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:40 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Where would you display info, on an OSD on the ground or on some 16x2 lcd or something? Maybe it would be nice if you could make your own thread where we could discuss things.
I have a nice solution (actually two) that I'm doing for the LRS I'm making also based in Arduino + RFM22.
If the weather keeps go0d I'll be doing the second round of tests this weekend and I'll share it later.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:45 AM
Norge
Joined Feb 2009
437 Posts
MelihK, take a look at the KK multi rotor boards that HK are selling. He (Rolf?) gets a little money for every board they are selling. If you can't beat them maybe you can join them (in some way or another).
Capy-Norway is offline Find More Posts by Capy-Norway
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:58 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capy-Norway View Post
MelihK, take a look at the KK multi rotor boards that HK are selling. He (Rolf?) gets a little money for every board they are selling. If you can't beat them maybe you can join them (in some way or another).

Good idea
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
I have a nice solution (actually two) that I'm doing for the LRS I'm making also based in Arduino + RFM22.
If the weather keeps go0d I'll be doing the second round of tests this weekend and I'll share it later.
Cool, cmon' share some details earlier
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:41 PM
crd
Always thinkering
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2006
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isvedic View Post
I presume their lawyers inspected your copyright and concluded there is no legal need to contact you.
LOL since when China give a crap of our say if they copy our designs? You can have the thing copyrighted and patented and they will copy it if its profitable to them.
crd is offline Find More Posts by crd
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:34 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,020 Posts
How in the world did msev get suspended? I consider him a valuable asset to the FPV section! He has experience and knowledge...oh wait...I think I just answered my own question.
philthyy is online now Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:59 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy View Post
How in the world did msev get suspended? I consider him a valuable asset to the FPV section! He has experience and knowledge...oh wait...I think I just answered my own question.
+1

Most aggressive hall monitors in the world of forums here. 'aggressive' as defined by 'intending to cause harm to another,' as opposed to being judicious or showing good leadership.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,020 Posts
This forum exists because of the members that provide content. Every hear of Trappy, Sassen, Happykillmore, Timecop and a couple others I can't think of just at the moment? ALL banned. ALL extremely knowledgeable, helpful, experience CONTENT providers. Very strange.
philthyy is online now Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:44 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
All creating flame wars all the time too, to be honest... it's a shame but that generally doesn't surprise me much.
Although I don't know why msev is suspended, but im guessing they've a good reason o.O
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp