HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:31 PM
Registered User
Xnaron's Avatar
Joined Feb 2003
3,755 Posts
This is the case the orangerx openlrs rx should have come with
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2007
112 Posts
Nice!, what is it made of?
LiPoSly is offline Find More Posts by LiPoSly
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:06 PM
Registered User
Hasi's Avatar
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
This is the case the orangerx openlrs rx should have come with
I personally prefer the shrink wrap, because itīs much lighter.
Hasi is online now Find More Posts by Hasi
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:10 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
IceWind's Avatar
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,641 Posts
The bump in the underside caused by the cristal doesn't help much to securely hold the RX.
They should have used the S2 model that has a SMD cristal.

Someone has a 3D printer.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:47 PM
Registered User
Xnaron's Avatar
Joined Feb 2003
3,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiPoSly View Post
Nice!, what is it made of?
PLA ...3d printed
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:47 PM
Registered User
Xnaron's Avatar
Joined Feb 2003
3,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
I personally prefer the shrink wrap, because itīs much lighter.
It only weighs 5 grams. Not really a factor.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:56 PM
Registered User
Xnaron's Avatar
Joined Feb 2003
3,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
The bump in the underside caused by the cristal doesn't help much to securely hold the RX.
They should have used the S2 model that has a SMD cristal.

Someone has a 3D printer.
That is the reason I made the case.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:20 PM
Build Fly Crash Repeat
crezzee's Avatar
Worcester UK
Joined Nov 2004
770 Posts
I could do with some help flashing the code with 459Mhz freq (UK user).

I have followed CrashMeUp's flashing guide and it works perfectly with the default carrier frequency of 435Mhz, tx and rx work great. The problem i am having (i'm a noob with Arduino) is when i change the default carrier to 459000000 and try to compile / flash the code i get the following error:

openLRSng.ino:104:2: error: #error CARRIER_FREQUENCY is invalid

Any clues anyone???

Edit: Ok got it working now on 459Mhz with thUndeadMOD3.6 fw.
crezzee is offline Find More Posts by crezzee
Last edited by crezzee; Feb 08, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:55 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
They should have used the S2 model that has a SMD cristal.
s2 model costs 2x more. 3225 xtl package costs 10x more than the cheapo case.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:15 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
IceWind's Avatar
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
s2 model costs 2x more. 3225 xtl package costs 10x more than the cheapo case.
Where have you seen that?
The S2 cost a few cents more: http://rf-store.com/index.php?pv=store&cat=433MHz%20FSK

This is a normal store, I bet that if I'd get that from HoperF the difference would be even less.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:22 PM
Crashomatic
CrashMeUp's Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koo View Post
I thought that buffer was for people who can put digital RSSI to their OSD and that was just to make the RSSI more stable. Not to convert the digital to analog.
oh yeah you're right, i actually misread it! oops
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:29 PM
Crashomatic
CrashMeUp's Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crezzee View Post
I could do with some help flashing the code with 459Mhz freq (UK user).

I have followed CrashMeUp's flashing guide and it works perfectly with the default carrier frequency of 435Mhz, tx and rx work great. The problem i am having (i'm a noob with Arduino) is when i change the default carrier to 459000000 and try to compile / flash the code i get the following error:

openLRSng.ino:104:2: error: #error CARRIER_FREQUENCY is invalid

Any clues anyone???

Edit: Ok got it working now on 459Mhz with thUndeadMOD3.6 fw.
This is due to this check (line 103):
#if ((DEFAULT_CARRIER_FREQUENCY < 413000000) || (DEFAULT_CARRIER_FREQUENCY>460000000))


Make sure there's no typo (number of zero's is easy to mix up)
The check means it will fail if the freq is anything lower than 413mhz or higher than 460mhz
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:49 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Where have you seen that?
The S2 cost a few cents more: http://rf-store.com/index.php?pv=store&cat=433MHz%20FSK

This is a normal store, I bet that if I'd get that from HoperF the difference would be even less.
if you actually try to buy some i think youll find thats not true. past couple years ive purchased many of both types for unrelated projects from a variety of sources so have a pretty good idea what they go for. for one thing i found they cost more from hope than anywhere else considering the insane dhl shipping. you need to buy hundreds before they get even close to the resellers. i get s1 for little over $4 but cant see s2 anywhere for less than $8. robbers like sparkfun will even even hit you $16 shipped for s2. ive seen them go for as high as $22.

and i will repeat that the smd xtls cost 10x more which is probably the reason why.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:03 AM
Build Fly Crash Repeat
crezzee's Avatar
Worcester UK
Joined Nov 2004
770 Posts
Thanks for your reply Crash but i just tried compiling it again double checking the numbers and it still produces the same error.
Maybe you could try it, i'm just changing the first three numbers from 435 to 459.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMeUp View Post
This is due to this check (line 103):
#if ((DEFAULT_CARRIER_FREQUENCY < 413000000) || (DEFAULT_CARRIER_FREQUENCY>460000000))


Make sure there's no typo (number of zero's is easy to mix up)
The check means it will fail if the freq is anything lower than 413mhz or higher than 460mhz
crezzee is offline Find More Posts by crezzee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
Test flight the orange LRS with openlrsng fw on my quad today. Failsafe kickin about 200m in openfield. Very disappointed with the system.
emadine is offline Find More Posts by emadine
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Anyone got a good 433mhz UHF RX Antenna? wamdue FPV Equipment (FS/W) 3 Feb 24, 2014 02:19 PM
Question 'Sander' 1/4 wave monopole - correct length for 433MHz UHF? Kahnx FPV Equipment 11 Dec 23, 2013 09:19 AM
For Sale Chainlink UHF system + few matching Rx's i3dm FPV Equipment (FS/W) 0 Apr 22, 2012 06:58 AM
Discussion stiff antenna for 433Mhz UHF Rx ? i3dm FPV Talk 14 Feb 17, 2012 01:25 PM
Sold HK "Orange" Satellite for HK "Orange" Rx rikybob Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Jan 29, 2011 03:19 PM