SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:40 AM
Joined Mar 2011
199 Posts
Hi Kha,
Can we have the option of analog RSSI?
I have an ET OSD and it requires an analog RSSI signal.
in the .ino file I dont see that option.
Could you please add that?
Thanks
Sp1k3
Sp1k3 is offline Find More Posts by Sp1k3
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:57 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,663 Posts
@Sp1k3, there is no way to get a proper analog output from this kit. It doesn't have a Digital-to-Analog converter.
What you can do is to use a RSSI buffer (search for that on google or in RCG) that will take care of that or look into the following URL where that is been discuss with ET
and they provide a way to use a PWM signal without the RSSI buffer.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796761
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:58 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,964 Posts
Well the rssi output is as analog as the atmega can do and that is a pwm signal.

To make it real analog a simple lowpass filtter is needed, many osd:s have tgis circuit already so try just connecting it.

If the rssi value jumps between 0 and 100 all the time you need to add a lowpass yourself.
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:06 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,964 Posts
Lowpass circuit
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:43 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
Have some beer 6RS72752065499447
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:19 PM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
The tx is back in stock
emadine is offline Find More Posts by emadine
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:24 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emadine View Post
The tx is back in stock
Noticed, I got two emails about it from HK
I've been waiting for a month now because I missed the first batch. Luckily I picked up a tx and rx from another member just two days ago and can't wait to see how well they work.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:25 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Awesome! So finally I got mine reserved ...

Btw which coax would be cool to extend the position where I would connect the antenna, because i don't like that position on the back of the TX. Would rg56 be cool? or rg316?
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:44 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
In the case I would like to replace TX antenna.

In the case I would like to replace TX antenna.

Do I need 433 MHz UHF antenna with SMA male, SMA female, TNC, BNC or something else?

What type is needed, please?
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:41 AM
Joined Mar 2011
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
@Sp1k3, there is no way to get a proper analog output from this kit. It doesn't have a Digital-to-Analog converter.
What you can do is to use a RSSI buffer (search for that on google or in RCG) that will take care of that or look into the following URL where that is been discuss with ET
and they provide a way to use a PWM signal without the RSSI buffer.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796761
OK Kha is saying that the it is PWM, what is the frenquency? 500Hz?
Can that be increased? Its easier to make a smaller lowpass filter if needed, I think ET has a LP in it, but i'll check with ET. Just wondering if it were possible to increase the Freq to somehwere in the kHz or MHz...
Thanks
Sp1k3
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:03 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1k3 View Post
OK Kha is saying that the it is PWM, what is the frenquency? 500Hz?
Can that be increased? Its easier to make a smaller lowpass filter if needed, I think ET has a LP in it, but i'll check with ET. Just wondering if it were possible to increase the Freq to somehwere in the kHz or MHz...
Thanks
Sp1k3
The ET OSD doesn't have a LP built-in, so what Bill suggest is to plug it into one of the PWM inputs, like the throttle input and just labelled it as RSSI. I'm not sure what's the currently PWM working frequency in the code but for this it would need to be the standard servos 50hz.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:21 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
The ET OSD doesn't have a LP built-in, so what Bill suggest is to plug it into one of the PWM inputs, like the throttle input and just labelled it as RSSI. I'm not sure what's the currently PWM working frequency in the code but for this it would need to be the standard servos 50hz.
I don't remember what the rate exactly is but it is not compatible with normal 'servo'.

I have been thinking raising the frequency to few kHz for stabler output with small RC filters and also allowing it to be set as 'normal' servo signal.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
I don't remember what the rate exactly is but it is not compatible with normal 'servo'.

I have been thinking raising the frequency to few kHz for stabler output with small RC filters and also allowing it to be set as 'normal' servo signal.
Yeah that would be mostly appreciated.
Bill's idea is good then, of course we would need to make sure it reaches the whole lenght of the servo extension to get 0-100% readings...
I think ET could make an update for that.

Kha I have another question:
-Once I have programmed the Tx, do I also need to program the Rx??? Or is the necessary info transferred during binding?
-and I had another question but cant remember it anymore :-D
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:35 AM
Joined Mar 2011
199 Posts
Oh yeah, I didn't quit get the buzzer? What buzzer should I use for a beacon on the Rx?
I know you are sending out a 435MHz chirp, but for people who dont have the equip. for searching for their platform in the woods, its nice to have a buzzer. Now the buzzer to use, would a simple one like the one sold at HK suffice?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Buzzer_.html
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:00 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Has anyone used this UHF system with dragonOSD v2? If yes, could someone tell me how to get the PPM signal from this system that no I can use with the OSD?
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo