HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:20 AM
Free flight nice like 3D to!
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
Someone test the range of this system? I have jr 9303 72mhz and I want to set a new lrs on it. I will need to solder something in the tx?
amitalx is offline Find More Posts by amitalx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:12 AM
Spain
Joined Dec 2010
95 Posts
Hi all
Yesterday I made a test in ground with the orange modules and their receivers, and the 1w module from Flytron. The distance was 4,3 km.
I tested the 1w tx from Flytron and one of the two orange modules i have with Openlrsng from Kha and the other orange tx with itīs original firmware from HK.
Also I made the tests with differents antennas.
With the 1w tx (openLRSng firmware) the tests was ok with all the antennas, including some litlle cheap from Goodluckbuy attached in the rx.
With the orange tx with openLRSng and good antenna fitted, there is no response in the rx.
With the orange tx with original firmware, the test was successful, with most of the antennas.
Surprised me that the same tx module worked better with the original firmware than the openLRSng, that I think itīs better.
But I noticed that when attached in my Turnigy 9x the 1w tx, the screen changed darked because of the power, I think ,and also with the original firmware and the 100mw orange tx, the screen reflects the power.
However, with the orange tx and the OpenLRSng, there is no change noticeable with the screen, as if it emitted with less power.
But i confirm that I flashed the tx with the max power option:

//####### RADIOLINK RF POWER (beacon is always 100/13/1.3mW) #######
// 7 == 100mW (or 1000mW with M3)
// 6 == 50mW (use this when using booster amp), (800mW with M3)
// 5 == 25mW
// 4 == 13mW
// 3 == 6mW
// 2 == 3mW
// 1 == 1.6mW
// 0 == 1.3mW
#define DEFAULT_RF_POWER 7

Maybe the experts can give some light.
Regards
Ernes is offline Find More Posts by Ernes
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:27 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,863 Posts
Hmh... did you pair the rx again. If you hold the f/s button down on tx powerup long enough for it to start beeping it will calculate random id and channels and you need to re pair the rx.

Also if you change the defines the changes wont take effect without this rekeying sequence as the eeprom data takes preference. I am going to remove the options completely when the serial cli is there to change config

Actually you can dump tx settings on serial already.

Have the ftdi connected and start the tx in bind mode. Then type ? on serial monitor.
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
Joined Mar 2011
199 Posts
DSM2 Orange RSSI retrieval for 2.4GHz
HI Kha,
I found the RF IC on the orange 9 channel receiver. And it is the CYRF6936-40LFXC.
Now the RSSI is stored in digital form and there is no analog pin on the RSSI.
So the only way would be to rewrite the firmware in the micorcontroller which is a atmel, and assign to an output the PWM RSSI signal which needs and can be read digitally through the SPI.
Here are the specs of the RF IC http://www.ic-on-line.cn/view_online...36_1143267.pdf
the micro is ATXMEGA43A4 AU 1047
Anyone that would know how to do that? Kha do you think that would be feasible?
Thanks
Sp1k3
Sp1k3 is offline Find More Posts by Sp1k3
Last edited by Sp1k3; Jan 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Sorry of topic... needed Kha attention :-)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:35 PM
Spain
Joined Dec 2010
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Hmh... did you pair the rx again. If you hold the f/s button down on tx powerup long enough for it to start beeping it will calculate random id and channels and you need to re pair the rx.

Also if you change the defines the changes wont take effect without this rekeying sequence as the eeprom data takes preference. I am going to remove the options completely when the serial cli is there to change config

Actually you can dump tx settings on serial already.

Have the ftdi connected and start the tx in bind mode. Then type ? on serial monitor.
Ok. I randomize and bind again the rx, today I havenīt made any test but, it seems still emitting with less power than with the original firmware. Itīs only my personal appreciation seeing the change in screen light when I power on the transmitter.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:05 PM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,863 Posts
It should take more power than original as the tx ratio is higher due to lower baudrate. You can use a servo extension wire to splice in the connection and measure current quite easily. (Just remove the outer housing on the male and use the 3 upper pins on the tx module connection.)
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:56 PM
Spain
Joined Dec 2010
95 Posts
Quote:
It should take more power than original as the tx ratio is higher due to lower baudrate. You can use a servo extension wire to splice in the connection and measure current quite easily. (Just remove the outer housing on the male and use the 3 upper pins on the tx module connection.)
Ok, thanks, Itīs a easy way to test it.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:16 PM
Joined Dec 2007
543 Posts
Does someone have the original tx firmware file?

I have downloaded the original hex of both tx and rx, and then i have somehow deleted them

Or does someone know what version of which fork it is?
Cesco is offline Find More Posts by Cesco
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:03 PM
Spain
Joined Dec 2010
95 Posts
Quote:
Iīve checked the weldings and not surprising me the soldering of the antenna output from the little transceiver board was very poor. Iīve resoldering all the points, and after Iīve plugged my current clamp to the battery wires, and checked that the consumption was similar in both tx, although in the tx with the openLRSng firmware was a little higher, about 230 mah.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:06 PM
Spain
Joined Dec 2010
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
Does someone have the original tx firmware file?

I have downloaded the original hex of both tx and rx, and then i have somehow deleted them

Or does someone know what version of which fork it is?
I have one tx and rx intacts if you say me how I can upload to the computer from the boards, I īll send you.
Always Iīve uploaded from the computer to the boards but no viceversa.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:06 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,637 Posts
I couldn't determine the exact version, as even the same code would look different depending on he version of the Arduino IDE.
So eventually I stopped wasting time and dumped the flash on both TX and RX.

https://cloudpt.pt/link/c1daeed5-60f...a/hklrs_tx.hex
https://cloudpt.pt/link/f0e9b630-f9f...5/hklrs_rx.hex

PS: my kit is definitely bad, today I got even less range 20m max. Just for my own sanity I then used my own boards and went up to 350mts... -1 for HobbyKing QC.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:07 PM
Joined Dec 2007
543 Posts
Muito obrigado IceWind. Thank You.
Cesco is offline Find More Posts by Cesco
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:25 PM
Joined Jul 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
You can always flash it using a AVR programmer using the produced .hex by the Arduino IDE.
It might be that for some reason the bootloader is gone.

What errors do you get?
Won't communicate with the chip. I was sure I was plugging in the AVR programmer right, but I've tried with the rx as well and I must be connecting the AVR programmer wrong (the rx didn't die, at least...) but both of them won't communicate with the board.

Can someone please put the pinout for both the rx and tx for AVR ISP connection?
lobstermash is offline Find More Posts by lobstermash
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:36 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,637 Posts
There is a simple way to determine the correct position.
On a 6 Pin ICSP the VCC is marked on the cable with the red color so you just need to make that end match the pin that is labeled 3.3v.

Still here it goes
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:54 PM
Joined Jul 2012
109 Posts
Cheers. Still getting a 'failed to communicate with chip' error. With both rx and tx.

100% sure of correct connections and get this:

avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

I've got the most recent usbasp firmware update. I'm really not sure where to go from here...
lobstermash is offline Find More Posts by lobstermash
Last edited by lobstermash; Jan 13, 2013 at 08:09 PM.