HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:54 AM
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined May 2006
132 Posts
Alert
HeliFreak questionable monitoring by webmaster

I made the mistake the other day of replying to an email notification for a PM I recceived on HF. This was my mistake as it does say "Do not reply" but I always assumed that meant the recipient would not receive your PM. Regardless I was on my phone and accidentally replied instead of hitting the link. The response was to another member letting them know I had sent my paypal gift payment.

A few minutes later I received an email from the Webmaster warning me about their rules. He had obviously read the content of the PM via the email. I have run forums with notifications before but they were never configured through a monitored account nor did they contain the content of the PMs.

I replied and stated that others might find it interesting that these messages can be read. He replied with the following..

The webmaster account is our outbound and inbound account for obvious reasons. It clearly says DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. I can take care of your problem very easily.

Seeya.

Will

His last statement " I can take care of your problem very easily." seemed defensive and although I did not post anything or respond further I found my account was blocked, which to me shows he wanted to conceal the incident quickly.

Webmasters can configure sites how they wish. Personally I have never had notifcations routed through a monitored account. If this particular webmaster has time to read bounced back emails and then obviously try to keep me from posting about it, I have to wonder what else is being monitored over at HF.

I had posted this thread earlier but deleted it because I thought I had misunderstood the comment " I can take care of your problem very easily." To me the fact the he blocked my account shows he did not want it known that he had access to the PM content.
rz22g is offline Find More Posts by rz22g
Last edited by rz22g; Nov 27, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
I've been bumped off of HF for disagreeing with one of their golden children. I wasn't rude or disrespectful just made a suggestion on how to do something easier. They sent me a nasty gram and told me I was banned temporarily. After that I told them to cancel my account and never returned to that site. The site is informative but can be a bit hostile. It's been a year and a half since I was a member and I don't miss the drama from it.
Texair is offline Find More Posts by Texair
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:25 AM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,273 Posts
Off topic but there aren't too many people living in BVS, rz22g. I assume you fly at Ron Samuels field?

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined May 2006
132 Posts
Yes Mark this is Sean.
rz22g is offline Find More Posts by rz22g
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:45 AM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,273 Posts
Ah! Thought it might be with the heli-talk.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:33 PM
New Jersey
Joined Oct 2003
1,655 Posts
The owner is a LOSER, he banned me because I politely asked that he remove blatant lies about my store made by a member of HF. So he banned me and I pulled my advertising. This type of own is a disgrace to discussion forums.
furyflyer2 is offline Find More Posts by furyflyer2
Site Sponsor
Last edited by furyflyer2; Jan 25, 2013 at 08:40 PM.