HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:23 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
Looking like a Yak 55 now!!!

Just finished the wing hinges and aileron mounting...

This model is a bit bigger than I thought it was going to be, but that's just fine by me! It is a nearly-ideal size as a general park flier and field plane without being overly cumbersome. I like it!!!

However, I realized when putting the wings on, the manual does not have accomodations for the servo wires for the wings to go through the fuselage!

No big deal: just some 1/32" ply inner wall with slots, cut the covering to make a small slot for the servo wires, and we're golden! Also need ot mount my RX tray (kit also did not have one per se, but an easy fix as per my previous blog comments 2 posts ago).

I also want to reinforce th emains inner walls a bit with some balsa to give th eplane a bit more strength there anyway, so I will be doing this while still awaiting the motor, spinner and mains CF replacement...

Pix below... looking to be not too much more to do, other than the servos mounting and control horns.

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SkyCadet; Nov 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts