SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
The combo comes with the beastx http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...combo-BLH5525C, and is still under a grand. Given the kit is 650, you'd be silly not to get the combo when the beast by itself is 250 bucks, means you get the four servos for 100 bucks.
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:51 PM
Will work for JR/Spektrum
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,580 Posts
It looks good, and I guess it flies well. Green on white, not a huge fan of that but nothing a strip and repaint can't fix.

But what really bothers me about these product videos is the fact they decide to fly in the MOST chaotic way possible. Yes, it does 3D. we get that. But I don't think I'm the only one who would like to see some controlled, SMOOTH flying. I can't tell much from a video when it's going all about the place like a spastic three year old on a sugar rush.

Please blade.. slow down for a change.
Sabin is online now Find More Posts by Sabin
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:27 PM
Gulf Coast
Joined Nov 2002
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
It looks good, and I guess it flies well. Green on white, not a huge fan of that but nothing a strip and repaint can't fix.

But what really bothers me about these product videos is the fact they decide to fly in the MOST chaotic way possible. Yes, it does 3D. we get that. But I don't think I'm the only one who would like to see some controlled, SMOOTH flying. I can't tell much from a video when it's going all about the place like a spastic three year old on a sugar rush.

Please blade.. slow down for a change.
What he said ^
fletch is offline Find More Posts by fletch
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:18 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,241 Posts
The size of the 550X is closer to the Trex 600 than 550. I agree 100% that the main target of the 550X is the Align 550e. Being the largest distributor of Align in the US, they would know whether a 550 heli is commercially viable or not. If the Trex 550 didn't sell, I don't think HH would be going into this market.

A battery for it could cost anything from $75 to $150. This is much more expensive to run than a nitro of similar size. Even after adjusting for inflation, I think flying a large heli today is much more expensive than 15-20 years ago.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Dec 07, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:39 PM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch View Post
what he said ^
agreed!!
HyperHelis is online now Find More Posts by HyperHelis