Latest blog entry: DX6i Power Light
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:15 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,716 Posts
It's a joke. It's ok to laugh.

A brushed motor that weighs 3 times as much as the heli....

I feel I contribute enough for an occasional garbage post
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX6i Power Light
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:05 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,378 Posts
I was going to say you would need to tie a brick to the tail to balance it. That reminds me of one of my planes. I had a GWS SlowStick, the version with the full foam fuselage. I bought it from the LHS assembled for $10. It needed a motor and electronics, but I had plenty of stuff lying around. The motor I used was a big brushless model taken from a much heavier plane, kind of looked like your Wasp. The SlowStick is not meant for speed, it's called SLOWstick for a reason. Anyway I figured what the hell, and gave it a try. It didn't need any runway to take off, just hold it in your hand, aim it straight up and hit the throttle. So I did! It went straight up like a rocket about 200 feet, sheared both wings off, rolled over and headed back to the ground. The speed was enough to shear the tail assembly off as it plummeted. It hit the asphalt street like a bullet!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Nov 27, 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,463 Posts
A good one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I was going to say you would need to tie a brick to the tail to balance it. That reminds me of one of my planes. I had a GWS SlowStick, the version with the full foam fuselage. I bought it from the LHS assembled for $10. It needed a motor and electronics, but I had plenty of stuff lying around. The motor I used was a big brushless model taken from a much heavier plane, kind of looked like your Wasp. The SlowStick is not meant for speed, it's called SLOWstick for a reason. Anyway I figured what the hell, and gave it a try. It didn't need any runway to take off, just hold it in your hand, aim it straight up and hit the throttle. So I did! It went straight up like a rocket about 200 feet, sheared both wings off, rolled over and headed back to the ground. The speed was enough to shear the tail assembly off as it plummeted. It hit the asphalt street like a bullet!
I sat at my computer laughing like a fool after reading this; I still chuckle everytime I think about it. Thanks for a good laugh!
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
I sat at my computer laughing like a fool after reading this; I still chuckle everytime I think about it. Thanks for a good laugh!
The cool part about these foam planes is you can repair them. I found all the pieces and glued the whole mess back together. The missing pieces of the fuselage were filled with Gorilla Glue. The foam fuselage protected everything but the motor. It still turned, but not very well.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14