HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by quitcherbitchen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Build Log
PZ Razor conversion

After spending an enormous amount of time on the cockpit and other projects I have finally gotten back to the Razor conversion. I filled in all the deep panel lines and rubbed the whole fuselage with smooth light weight spackle. I then coated the whole fuselage in acrylic concrete sealer. I will then spray the sandable primer grey and use Chart tape to make all the panel lines and then spray with the finish coat of Olive Drab.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Last edited by quitcherbitchen; Apr 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:43 AM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
811 Posts
Razorback

Nice work Adam,
Your Jug is looking good so far, can't wait to see the finished project. It's a shame that no one had came out with a Razorback version scince Eflite cancealed theirs. It looks as though you have a lot of projects to keep you busy this winter. Keep up the Great work,

Loyd
mustangloyd is offline Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:21 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Thanks Loyd. P-47 is still going on the bench. As usual I get sidetracked with other planes, but I keep pluggin along with the Jug. Right now, my hold up is a decent scale gun sight. I made two out of plastic dowel and wasn't satisfied with the results. The canopy is still not glued on.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:17 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Figured my gun sight out. I used a pen top and some clear plastic.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Here is the last part, the bullet proof glass installed, I think I should have painted the frame a lighter color then black. Oh well, all that is left is to glue thehttp://static.rcgroups.net/forums/images/editor/attach.gif canopy and paint the plane and install the graphics that I have had for over a year.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:35 AM
United States, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined May 2004
1,942 Posts
Lookin' good. Is there a conversion kit or are you doing this on your own ?

Woody
W. X. Davis is offline Find More Posts by W. X. Davis
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:27 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Thanks Woody This is the Parkflyer Plastics kit. The Parkflyer kit is not perfect. Canopy panes are not symmetrical and the cockpit is not really a scale representation. The size of the pilots is good though, but being vacuum formed the detail gets lost and I had to spend extra time on the dremel to get the eyes and nose better. My next one will be using a 3D printer to make a scale pilot.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:27 PM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
811 Posts
Looks Really Sweet Adam! There is just something about a Razorback in O.D. green and white thats looks rite.
mustangloyd is offline Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:52 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Made a little more progress today. Soon as the paint is really dry (few days) I will put the graphics on Hofer's kite.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:15 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Here is the wing going through the process, but this time I used a new product from 3M called patch plus to fill in the foam gator. It sticks like nails and is hard to sand so I usually thin it with water and dip my fingers in it and smooth it on the surface. Be careful to not leave any high spots or ridges as it will take forever to sand them down even with 320 grit paper. If you do your first coat with 3M Patch Plus do the second coat with regular Crawford's Light Weight spackle which sands easier. I then poly coat twice and then automotive prime and then final paint with military master Olive Drab.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:30 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Callie was kind enough to send me the second bottom wing roundel to complete the model