HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:57 PM
United States, CA, Keyes
Joined Jan 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFM View Post
I hope you are only joking.Please think about safety.
Whats that supposed to mean?
i luv duct tape is offline Find More Posts by i luv duct tape
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:52 AM
United States, CA, Keyes
Joined Jan 2011
134 Posts
Got my lb props today! Put about 6 packs through it, and it's awesome! I don't know what happened, but now I'm actually kinda good at flying it! Now I'm just waiting on my 808! Super stoked!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:10 AM
United States, MD, Frederick
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
Ib props?
Arkart23 is offline Find More Posts by Arkart23
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:13 AM
United States, CA, Keyes
Joined Jan 2011
134 Posts
LB. As in Walkera ladybird
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:35 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
I received my U816A yesterday flew about 10 batteries through it, super fun to fly. This is the first quad I have flown then the 939 and minibug but I like the 816 the best, right now. The 816 does rotate rather slow but I am in a small apartment so it doesn't matter. I did a load test and it flew with 20g of weight, not very well but it lifted it from the ground. I imagine to put a FPV system onto the 816 it must be under 10g. I want to test it outside maybe next week.
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:34 PM
United States, MD, Frederick
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
They are a blast outside! Very responsive, full speed forward and hit reverse and it will stop on a dime! Or change directions at full speed and it will pitch almost vertical for a few seconds. I was out the other day in 30 mph gusts and the little guy did really well.
Arkart23 is offline Find More Posts by Arkart23
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:17 PM
United States, CA, Keyes
Joined Jan 2011
134 Posts
Mines all jacked up! I had a blast flying it all day yesterday and today, but tonight i tried flying it and rudder goes way to the left, and when I trim it to fly straight, it will turn left really fast, but not left at all. I think there were other things, but I can't remember them right now.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:59 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luv duct tape View Post
Mines all jacked up! I had a blast flying it all day yesterday and today, but tonight i tried flying it and rudder goes way to the left, and when I trim it to fly straight, it will turn left really fast, but not left at all. I think there were other things, but I can't remember them right now.
try centering all you settings in the tx and set it on a nice flat surface and do the bind process. dont move any other sticks while setting the throttle end points on startup and see if that helps. check that all motors and props in correct position and spinning the correct way. that would be my best guess. or you may have one motor getting ready to go out on you and it only has enough power to keep in a hover so when it tries to speed up to turn you get nothing. but prob a binding issue
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:31 PM
United States, CA, Keyes
Joined Jan 2011
134 Posts
It was my landing gear I made. It was all imbalanced. I took it off and it works perfectly now.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:33 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Arkart,

Your right about it be a blast even if I have not flown outside yet. I am still to chicken.... LOL I have about three hours flying quads between the U816, Mini pet, and V939.

-----Break----

Duct Tape,

I am glad to hear you figured out why your craft was not flying correctly.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:49 AM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
Arkart,

Your right about it be a blast even if I have not flown outside yet. I am still to chicken.... LOL I have about three hours flying quads between the U816, Mini pet, and V939.
it is a lot easier to fly this outside you really should try it out. you will thank us all.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:55 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
TheOne,

I will do just that, just waiting for a nice day when I am ready. This craft is a blast in the house and I am starting to like all of the micro multirotor quads.

Just an observation between the three type of crafts I fly, the Mini Pet runs the coolest meaning, the batteries are not really hot when I am finished flying in comparison to the other two (U815A and V939).

John
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:44 AM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
28 Posts
I got one at the AMA Expo and it is very fun and easy to fly. I really enjoy it.
Chris72 is offline Find More Posts by Chris72
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:48 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,576 Posts
I have had mine for a while now and still flying good. Bought V939 and got tired of lousy flights. Gyros on V939 do not work hardly at all. All over place . I gave it away as good exersize keeping it out of trouble. Husban X-4 out flys both of these hands down. U816 is good deal and comes with two batteries. Both my batteries have held up fine.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:23 AM
NE Essex, UK
Joined Apr 2009
86 Posts
Hi Guys!

The UFO is my first quad, and I'm still getting to grips with it. Have not really used rudder much on fixed wing so turning is interesting! Done a couple of flips with it though.

Took it outside today in about a 5 MPH breeze and might have a problem. The UFO could just about make headway into the wind (I'm on beginner mode) but once in a while it would 'flutter' from side to side and reduce power so that droped to the ground. It this the gyros not being able to cope in the wind? Would have thought that if it can cope with flipping it should handle a bit of wind. Any ideas? Thanks!
Tony R is offline Find More Posts by Tony R