SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Discussion
LOSI MICRO-T 1 info

Will it be ok to use a 1s lippo with my micro T stock?
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Nope, not enough voltage to power the receiver. You can use 4 cell nimh or 2s lipo.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
1s lipo

All I use in the micro T are 1s lipo batteries. I upgraded from the stock battery to a 7.4 Losi lipo and the cars were just too uncontrollable. Not that I minded the extra speed, but there was no low end. In the house they were just too fast. The minute you touched the trigger, off it went a 100 miles an hour. I found my kids got frustrated, and the stock NIMH battery just didn't last. I use hyperion 180 mah 3.7 lipo batteries. High grade, fast charging, and last. They are comparable in speed to the stock Losi nimh, but last much longer. The best thing is that since they are the same size as the stock micro T battery but much thinner, two will fit at once in the micro T. You can send one lead out the right side of the chassis and the other out the left. I velcro the bodies on so I can just quickly swap to the second battery for more run time. If your looking for super high speed, you need to stick with the 2s lipo, but the 1s is definitely more my speed and closer to the stock setup.
new rc heli is offline Find More Posts by new rc heli
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rc heli View Post
All I use in the micro T are 1s lipo batteries. I upgraded from the stock battery to a 7.4 Losi lipo and the cars were just too uncontrollable. Not that I minded the extra speed, but there was no low end. In the house they were just too fast. The minute you touched the trigger, off it went a 100 miles an hour. I found my kids got frustrated, and the stock NIMH battery just didn't last. I use hyperion 180 mah 3.7 lipo batteries. High grade, fast charging, and last. They are comparable in speed to the stock Losi nimh, but last much longer. The best thing is that since they are the same size as the stock micro T battery but much thinner, two will fit at once in the micro T. You can send one lead out the right side of the chassis and the other out the left. I velcro the bodies on so I can just quickly swap to the second battery for more run time. If your looking for super high speed, you need to stick with the 2s lipo, but the 1s is definitely more my speed and closer to the stock setup.
so can i use the 1s with the stock parts or what parts do i need to change to run 1s batterys. I dont want 2s setup its for in doors and i have a few spare 1s batterys i could put to use.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
The 1s will work fine with the all stock setup. I was somewhat surprised since being lower voltage I thought that run times would be short or reception would be lacking, but I found that not to be the case. Although a 1s is rated at 3.7 the voltage is usually well over 4 when charged, and close to the stock 4.8 losi. The LOWER voltage certainly won't damage anything stock and I use them in 2 micro T's and 2 micro desert trucks, all stock.
With that said I do not know what type of 1S lipos you will be using. I am using hobby grade with a 25c rating and a 45 "burst" rating. IE they are made to take the load under acceleration. Hobby grade lipo 1s 3.7 will normally have a "c" rating, that is very important since that depending on that rating how well it will perform under "load" which in this case is acceleration. The only issue is I had to purchase male ends to match the losi. I found those on ebay for 99 cents.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined Feb 2004
103 Posts
We race micro-t's in a garage with 1s 2p battery packs made from ZIPPY 240mAh 20C single cells which fit perfectly in the battery compartment. This makes a 3.7v 480mAh pack which usually lasts for > 30 minutes of racing. We leave the bottom battery cover off and hold the battery in with a girls thin hair rubber band to allow fast battery swaps. All connectors are changed to micro deans. The packs work great but they are a pain to make. When these packs are worn out I'm going to try and use a 3.7v Nanotech 300 for the solo pro 100. It won't fit in the battery compartment so I'm planning on mounting it to the rear of the car, which should work for us because we now use the wedge body.

micro-t's racing on 1s 2p zippy 480mah
Losi Micro-T race (1 min 52 sec)
Evil Twin is offline Find More Posts by Evil Twin
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:52 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Well look at that, they do work. I'm shocked it works since the RX/ESC board is rated for 4.8v at minimum, I figured it wouldn't power up properly and/or get even worse range.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Thanks for the info on batterys it was very helpfull i have some 1s nano 300 mah batterys i can use. also i just have one more question how do you center the wheels on the car there not straight ?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:59 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
There's a trim adjustment on the transmitter, just turn that until they are straight.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
Thanks for the info on batterys it was very helpfull i have some 1s nano 300 mah batterys i can use. also i just have one more question how do you center the wheels on the car there not straight ?
The 300 nano's should work great, if they are the ones I looked up they have a very high "C" rating. Let me know if they fit in the micro T compartment if you don't mind and if they are turnigy brand or something else. As I stated earlier, you won't have a speed demon but still a very quick car that is more enjoyable to drive, especially indoors. I have seen much more use of my group of micro t's with the 1s batteries. Good luck.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:42 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
ok guys i think i should have said i have the micro t desert truck is there a big difference?, I put my 1s nano battery in and it lacked power and kept stopping. I have looked at the esc and it say 4.8 - 7.2v on so i am thinking i should be using 2 s lippos. Any ideas?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
ok guys i think i should have said i have the micro t desert truck is there a big difference?, I put my 1s nano battery in and it lacked power and kept stopping. I have looked at the esc and it say 4.8 - 7.2v on so i am thinking i should be using 2 s lippos. Any ideas?
No difference, I am using the 3.7 setup in 2 micro deserts and 2 standard micros. When you say it lacked power, it should be as fast compared to the standard 4.8 nimh that came stock with the micro. It definitely will not be anywhere near the 2s 7.4 setup which I found very hard to control with no low end. The video clip shows the speed that the 3.7's provide. There also appears to be the proper range. Again, a lot of this is based on the quality, age, and condition of the batteries you are trying as I put in the earlier post. As far as a range issue my micros are the same with the 4.8, 7.4 or 3.7 setup. I get close to 10 minutes hard run time on one 180mah 3.7 lipo. I have two that fit in the compartment so just pop off the body and switch leads to the second battery for twice that time. You may want to check that the batteries in the transmitter are good. If so it is either the lipo's you are using or the truck. If the truck works with the 7.4........then it has to be your 3.7's.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rc heli View Post
No difference, I am using the 3.7 setup in 2 micro deserts and 2 standard micros. When you say it lacked power, it should be as fast compared to the standard 4.8 nimh that came stock with the micro. It definitely will not be anywhere near the 2s 7.4 setup which I found very hard to control with no low end. The video clip shows the speed that the 3.7's provide. There also appears to be the proper range. Again, a lot of this is based on the quality, age, and condition of the batteries you are trying as I put in the earlier post. As far as a range issue my micros are the same with the 4.8, 7.4 or 3.7 setup. I get close to 10 minutes hard run time on one 180mah 3.7 lipo. I have two that fit in the compartment so just pop off the body and switch leads to the second battery for twice that time. You may want to check that the batteries in the transmitter are good. If so it is either the lipo's you are using or the truck. If the truck works with the 7.4........then it has to be your 3.7's.
I think the batterys are fine i ran my 300mah for about 13 mins this time and checked on my cell reader it was about about 3.86 . but in them 13 mins the car stop twice like power turned off and then back on, When it was moving it had lots of power . and The tx batterys came new so i would guess there fine, I am not sure why it cuts power sometimes Could it be the signal is getting effected by the battery now that it is more close to the rx ?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
I think the batterys are fine i ran my 300mah for about 13 mins this time and checked on my cell reader it was about about 3.86 . but in them 13 mins the car stop twice like power turned off and then back on, When it was moving it had lots of power . and The tx batterys came new so i would guess there fine, I am not sure why it cuts power sometimes Could it be the signal is getting effected by the battery now that it is more close to the rx ?
if the battery pack is in the regular battery compartment there shouldn't,t be any issues. My guess is the 300 will not fit in the compartment? If you have the battery strapped on or near the receiver it will certainly cause interference. The range of the micros are the best to begin with. I tried to put a larger Lipo just in front of the rear shock tower close to the receiver and had the same problem you are experiencing. Since I got batteries that fit in the compartment there has been no issues.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:41 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
[QUOTE=new rc heli;23405092]if the battery pack is in the regular battery compartment there shouldn't,t be any issues. My guess is the 300 will not fit in the compartment? If you have the battery strapped on or near the receiver it will certainly cause interference. The range of the micros are the best to begin with. I tried to put a larger Lipo just in front of the rear shock tower close to the receiver and had the same problem you are experiencing. Since I got batteries that fit in the compartment there has been no issues.[/Qye
yep the battery was two big for the compartment guess i will use this until i find a smaller one. I was going to ask if you had put any bearings in your wheels? i have a bearing kit I put the bearings in the front wheels ok but i noticed the back wheels are different than the front wheels with a much smaller space and a straight edge on the axle tip .