HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:11 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
United States, VA
Joined Nov 2012
215 Posts
Discussion
Not much buzz on the SAB Goblin 500 coming out soon?

I sure haven't seen much chatter about the SAB Goblin 500 that should/might be released by the end of the year. Is the Goblin lineup just not that popular?

Check out this video of Bert Kammerer stretching it's legs out in Italy.

SAB Goblin 500 Test #1 (3 min 25 sec)

Here's some pretty slick pictures of it here.
Virginian is offline Find More Posts by Virginian
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:49 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Well first off that is not a Mini in my opinion but then ..............................

Have you checked the other forum areas? Have you checked over or HeliFreak?
Not all but most here on RCG in the Mini Heli Forum are more interested in clones and less expensive helis.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
Beam me up Scotty!
United States, VA
Joined Nov 2012
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Well first off that is not a Mini in my opinion but then ..............................

Have you checked the other forum areas? Have you checked over or HeliFreak?
Not all but most here on RCG in the Mini Heli Forum are more interested in clones and less expensive helis.

Charles
Charles,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't quite sure if it was a mini as well. I'm fairly new here and didn't realize that the clones were of more interest. My apologies... I'll poke around some other sites you suggested. Not sure if I should ask to have this thread deleted.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:19 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
No harm in leaving it. It's no more off topic than many of the threads here.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,299 Posts
the 500's are in the large heli section....Also, i think in the mini size clones are more popular but when you get to the large birds that can hurt you even more. You start to see less clones again.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
Charles,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't quite sure if it was a mini as well. I'm fairly new here and didn't realize that the clones were of more interest. My apologies... I'll poke around some other sites you suggested. Not sure if I should ask to have this thread deleted.
There aren't really any active Goblin discussions on RCG. That may or may not change when the Goblin 500 is released, depending on whether they decide to sell them for $100 or less . No one has one at this time, so don't expect to find much anywhere about them at the moment.

Helifreak has many more discussions on the Goblin and has a dedicated forum for SAB. The large heli section here has a lot of Gaui and Century chatter, but otherwise mostly clones.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Nov 26, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:49 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Here is an example that fits my logic. Smaller and looks a bit like.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767182
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:34 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
United States, VA
Joined Nov 2012
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Here is an example that fits my logic. Smaller and looks a bit like.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767182
I've been looking long and hard at that heli and the TArot as well. ALZRC doen't have much support state side for parts, so I would have to go into it knowing i would need a good supply of repair parts on hand at all times to cut down on the slow boat from China deliveries.

I'm waiting to see what the Goblin 500 comes in at price wise. My guess is I'll probably go with the Tarot or ALZRC.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:59 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
I've been looking long and hard at that heli and the TArot as well. ALZRC doen't have much support state side for parts, so I would have to go into it knowing i would need a good supply of repair parts on hand at all times to cut down on the slow boat from China deliveries.

I'm waiting to see what the Goblin 500 comes in at price wise. My guess is I'll probably go with the Tarot or ALZRC.
My guess is the 500 kit with blades only will run in the $589 range with no electronics. Just a guess based on the pricing structure of the 630/700/770

No way it will be competitive price wise with the clone look alikes.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:35 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,782 Posts
I love how the Goblin looks. It's not the price of the Goblin that scares me, it's the cost of electronics worthy of such a bird that steers me away. I do, however, have my eye on the ALZ480 fast devil which looks like a mini Goblin.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72