SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 18, 2001, 10:42 PM
Sailplane Nut
Providence, RI
Joined Nov 2000
344 Posts
Largo, Florida Fly In

Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys at Largo for a great day of fun. I wish I had brought an electric with landing gear so I could have competed. I still had fun watching everyone fly and getting in a couple of flights at the end. Heres a picture of some of the E3Ds at the event. The E3D was a fantastic performer, and I think I will definitely have to purchase one of these.

One of the most amusing parts of the event was the touch n go contest. Watching the Zagi smack and go was damn funny.

Nick Wisdom
Orlando, FL
NickW is offline Find More Posts by NickW
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2001, 07:04 PM
Fayetteville, GA
Joined Oct 2000
3,663 Posts
Hi Nick,

How many folks showed up?
Jeff Meyers is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Meyers
Old Nov 19, 2001, 09:11 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
A good time was had by all. I sure had a good time just as a spectator. Saw a very nice assortment of airplanes fly and on display. Very educational for me, first electric planes I've ever seen beside my own.

Can't even guess how many people were there, I'm terrible at estimating crowds. But, it was packed! I was surprised how large an event it was. It's probably obvious, but I'm only a rookie and still amazed by what these planes are capable of.

The only drawback to an otherwise nice day was the wind which was blowing maybe 10-12mph about 70 to 80 degrees across the runway. Made for some interesting flying. But seemed to keep most of the slowflyers on the ground.

BC
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Nov 19, 2001, 10:42 PM
Sailplane Nut
Providence, RI
Joined Nov 2000
344 Posts
If I remember correctly there were 25 registered pilots in the competition, and a good number of spectators, and a few people like myself that didnt fly till after the competition. I will definitely make sure I have something I can compete with next time. Its well worth attending. It was my first of hopefully many electric events.

Nick
NickW is offline Find More Posts by NickW