SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:41 AM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Terslev
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
psindrup, why 1000kv with 4S ? Do you have any specific propellers in mind?
I thought that 1000KV motors would be "correct" running 4S with 10x5 propellers on the FY680

What motors do you recommend with 4S and where would you buy them?

Peter
psindrup is offline Find More Posts by psindrup
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:24 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
It will probably work ok, but they maybe on the very limit if you planing to fly with some payload. That is why I was curious about your setup. You may will have to go with smaller propellers if 1000kv motors get too hot.

They are not the cheapest motors, but Sunnysky's have decent quality and are not expensive either.

I have some 2216 800kv at hand that I will try with 10x5 and 11x5 to see how it goes. I think I could go up to 880kv even with 11x5, but it's always better to leave some margin so the motors work cooler.

But have in mind I'm no expert, still learning the motors/propellers science too!
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Last edited by Velociraptor73; Dec 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Just curious if anyone else see something wrong with this photos below or have received exactly this clamps models in the kit?
I'm wondering if there are carbon FY680 kits with small differences in the parts and assembly. Mine can't be done exactly like is shown below!
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Just curious if anyone else see something wrong with this photos below or have received exactly this clamps models in the kit?
I'm wondering if there are carbon FY680 kits with small differences in the parts and assembly. Mine can't be done exactly like is shown below!
what version of the 680 do you have! the version in the first photo has the fold up legs but the other photos show different bottom clamp as would be for the 'U' shape landing legs
madoldgit is offline Find More Posts by madoldgit
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Jun 2010
428 Posts
Trying to go 4S with that frame and motor choice is ...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Motor.html
or this on 4S and 1147

and gimbal ...still no clue but ..
http://www.copterframes.com/index.ph...&product_id=52
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madoldgit View Post
what version of the 680 do you have! the version in the first photo has the fold up legs but the other photos show different bottom clamp as would be for the 'U' shape landing legs
Yep, my manual is 6800 ("U" legs) but my model is actually 6801 (foldable legs) and it seems there is also an aluminum booms version, instead of CF. Also, that last picture of clamp kit is for 25mm booms, so probably not for FY680 as I first tough.

The only way to assembly the external orange aluminum screw holders on top of the frame is dissembling the landing gear that came pre-assembled and taking the landing lower boom clamp out of it for the screwing part and then assembling it again. Didn't expect that.

What I was expecting, if not using the foldable legs, was to have enough clamps to build the central frame (in flat 6) without having to use the legs clamps. But it's ok. Just want to make sure there is nothing missing in my kit apart from the M2.5x30mm screws. Tarot control quality should be a bit better so we wouldn't worry about not having all the parts when you need to wait them to come from the other side of the world.

I'm uploading the manual (6800 version) for those who are considering ordering this frame but are curious to take a look at the manual before as it's not so easy to find it at Google.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin.gala View Post
Trying to go 4S with that frame and motor choice is ...
or this on 4S and 1147

and gimbal ...still no clue but ..
http://www.copterframes.com/index.ph...&product_id=52
Marcin, with the NX4008 you may need to go bigger than 1147.
Those AX2810Q seems fast and powerful, probably that would be my choice between them. But HK motors are usually not of the best quality.

That copterframes gimbal looks good. Just remember you will need to make and adapter to hold it under the frame or at the rails, which by the way seems very similar to those used on X650.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:40 AM
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Yep, my manual is 6800 ("U" legs) but my model is actually 6801 (foldable legs) and it seems there is also an aluminum booms version, instead of CF. Also, that last picture of clamp kit is for 25mm booms, so probably not for FY680 as I first tough.

The only way to assembly the external orange aluminum screw holders on top of the frame is dissembling the landing gear that came pre-assembled and taking the landing lower boom clamp out of it for the screwing part and then assembling it again. Didn't expect that.

What I was expecting, if not using the foldable legs, was to have enough clamps to build the central frame (in flat 6) without having to use the legs clamps. But it's ok. Just want to make sure there is nothing missing in my kit apart from the M2.5x30mm screws. Tarot control quality should be a bit better so we wouldn't worry about not having all the parts when you need to wait them to come from the other side of the world.

I'm uploading the manual (6800 version) for those who are considering ordering this frame but are curious to take a look at the manual before as it's not so easy to find it at Google.
Yes, I had to part dismantle the legs to get the clamp on the frame then re attach leg mech to frame
madoldgit is offline Find More Posts by madoldgit
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:37 AM
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Hey guys, there is an interesting discussion about motors calcs on the other thread, worth checking it out and your motor was mentioned there Marcin!

http://m.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr...9#post23540674
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Jun 2010
428 Posts
decide to buy those AX2810Q 750kv
also gimbal will be cinestar 6 + skyline contoller.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Jul 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin.gala View Post
decide to buy those AX2810Q 750kv
also gimbal will be cinestar 6 + skyline contoller.
Ive been using it now. But not sure if my 30A Plush able to handle it coz its quite warm after flight.
mezerwi is offline Find More Posts by mezerwi
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Jun 2010
428 Posts
what propellers and all up weigh ?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:46 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
I am just waiting for my power distribution board to arrive then I am set to start installing and setting up the electronics.. however, I won't fly this until I have the landing gear modified as it is really shaky.. won't be able to handle its weight especially during landing in my opinion..

I am using sunnysky 2814-11 700kv because it's rated thrust is 2kg with 12x6 propeller on 4s battery. max current @ 25A so I think my hobbywing 30A is just nice.

based on the data sheet, 50% throttle is needed to lift up 4.8kg (.8 kg x 6motors).. I hope I am right...
sgg05158 is online now Find More Posts by sgg05158
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Terslev
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg05158 View Post
I am just waiting for my power distribution board to arrive then I am set to start installing and setting up the electronics.
What power distribution board are you planning to use?

I am looking for one where you can put the wires through the PCB and solder the wires on the other side of the board, for mechanical "strength" and stability.

Peter
psindrup is offline Find More Posts by psindrup
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:58 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psindrup View Post
What power distribution board are you planning to use?

I am looking for one where you can put the wires through the PCB and solder the wires on the other side of the board, for mechanical "strength" and stability.

Peter
I ordered the power distribution from foxtech (link below).. I will be soldering direct the ESC wires to this PCB to lessen the wire/connector mess.. once soldered I think it will be hard to come off due to the size of the wire and the amount of solder needed.. black colored PCB should have been nicer though..

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/power-dist...tor-p-595.html

Tim
sgg05158 is online now Find More Posts by sgg05158