Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:15 AM
United States, OH, Springfield
Joined Nov 2012
67 Posts
Here's my frame build....
Tarot FY-680 Build Time Lapse (3 min 30 sec)
Skip to 1:40 for the lapse.
knichefilms is offline Find More Posts by knichefilms
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:46 AM
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts
Deleted
Ultra7 is offline Find More Posts by Ultra7
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:07 AM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Terslev
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knichefilms View Post
Here's my frame build.... http://youtu.be/cj5q-kmdN08Skip to 1:40 for the lapse.
Super duper cool video. Thanks for sharing!

How is your impression of the overall quality?

The arms locking mechanisms looks great and sturdy, but I am a little concerned about the locking of the legs. Can you see if it is possible to modify it so you can pin them in their locked positions?

Peter
PS: You have your GoPro ready. Now you "only" need the rest.
psindrup is offline Find More Posts by psindrup
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:33 AM
France
Joined May 2009
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psindrup View Post
Thanks.

The products looks great, but I can't see the prices or place an order on-line.

Peter
PS: I am located in Denmark (across the pond)
Same thing for me

One other guy on the other side of the Ocean....
tshado is offline Find More Posts by tshado
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:54 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
Im currently in Germany and ordered parts from the US (from skullcoptor.com, a guy here on rcg). Going to run simonK escs and 650kv disc motors on 4s.
achiii is offline Find More Posts by achiii
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:49 AM
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiii View Post
Im currently in Germany and ordered parts from the US (from skullcoptor.com, a guy here on rcg). Going to run simonK escs and 650kv disc motors on 4s.
To the best of my knowledge, you should run between 850KV and 1000KV on a 4S setup.

Peter
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, you should run between 850KV and 1000KV on a 4S setup.

Peter
I think its ok cause they are disc motors? (and specs list 2-4s plus prop data for 4s)
Last edited by achiii; Dec 11, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:21 AM
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
The cheapest I could find on Ebay was $159,-

Peter
Thats about what I paid!!
madoldgit is offline Find More Posts by madoldgit
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
Nice. Motors, ESCs and FC arrived tonight.

After a test fit it looks like my AUW will be, at minimum, 1.7kg depending on what camera and what batt I put on it.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
Hmmm, unfortunately the wires on my motors are JUST too short to be hidden in the arms. I dont have spare sets of wires and plugs to make extensions right not, so I guess Ill be ziptieing the wires on top of the arms.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm, unfortunately the wires on my motors are JUST too short to be hidden in the arms. I dont have spare sets of wires and plugs to make extensions right not, so I guess Ill be ziptieing the wires on top of the arms.
Hopefully only temporarily?

Peter
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:17 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
142 Posts
Would you guys share you technique on levelling the motors when you are installing on the arms? I feel that this procedure is critical for stability...
sgg05158 is offline Find More Posts by sgg05158
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
Quote:
Hopefully only temporarily?

Peter
I hope. Today I discovered a chain store near me that is WAY better than any local parts store ive ever had nearby in the US. Conrad is like a radioshack on steroids. So maybe I will be able to pickup some more bullet connectors and good wire easily and hide everything.

SGG, I had read about the critical nature of motor leveling before my first quad build and got very worried about it when my frame came with slightly twisted alu arms. When I had trouble getting it to fly right I obsessed about that for a while. Eventually I tracked down the sources of my problem and it flew great despite several not-quite-true motors. So now Im less worried about it. Get it pretty level and I think you will be fine. Or slap a simple bubble level on top of a pair of the mount screws.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
I hope. Today I discovered a chain store near me that is WAY better than any local parts store ive ever had nearby in the US. Conrad is like a radioshack on steroids. So maybe I will be able to pickup some more bullet connectors and good wire easily and hide everything.

SGG, I had read about the critical nature of motor leveling before my first quad build and got very worried about it when my frame came with slightly twisted alu arms. When I had trouble getting it to fly right I obsessed about that for a while. Eventually I tracked down the sources of my problem and it flew great despite several not-quite-true motors. So now Im less worried about it. Get it pretty level and I think you will be fine. Or slap a simple bubble level on top of a pair of the mount screws.
Straight edge (ruler) across adjacent motor mounts, just leave the clamps lose enough to twist them then clamp tight!
madoldgit is offline Find More Posts by madoldgit
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:55 AM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,862 Posts
i ordered this frame on the Nov 30 from Foxtech. It took a week and a half to get to me via EMS express. Just got a chance to put it together yesterday and guess what. Im missing a top orange motor mount clamp and got an extra bottom one. One of the blue bottom motor mount doesnt have thread so i cant screw it in but i can use the extra (suppose to be the top) bottom for that but it orange. Everything screw in looking good. Test out the folding(transport stage) and open up(flying stage). To my surprise the clamp that hold the boom broke. that is the first folding and unfolding that doesnt have any weight to it. I dont know how long it going to last by folding and unfolding these thing. I can accept that it break while folding what if break while in the air because of the folding?? the landing gear if flimsy because the pole held on the a thin carbon piece. If the have had a 90% clamp the clamp as a T shape that would be nice.

SO here is the broken part and the missing clamp
Askyvision is online now Find More Posts by Askyvision