madoldgit is offline Find More Posts by madoldgit
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:40 AM
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg05158 View Post
Thanks buddy for the information.. Would it be possible to increase the legs' length by simply using longer CF tube so that i can have more ground to camera poles clearance without compromising its strength? Maybe around additonal 20mm more? And how big is the center plate? Its diameter looks big.. Thanks for your patience..
centre plate is about 200mm (average size)
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:45 AM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Terslev
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madoldgit View Post
, is it best to have long motor leads or long power leads!!!
I don't think it really matters, because the the current/power will have to "travel" the same distance (=same loss), but that discussion is very theoretical - I believe ...

Peter
psindrup is offline Find More Posts by psindrup
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:01 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madoldgit View Post
is it best to have long motor leads or long power leads!!!
Long motor leads.
If you're using long power leads to ESC - you need to add extra capacitors (depends on length).
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:18 AM
Sverige, Örebro Län, Hallsberg
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Long motor leads.
If you're using long power leads to ESC - you need to add extra capacitors (depends on length).
True, I fried a ESC due to too long power leads.
Kaptenklister is offline Find More Posts by Kaptenklister
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptenklister View Post
True, I fried a ESC due to too long power leads.
must admit that I would prefer long motor leads as this would make for a much neater 'look', but at the expense of inboard ESC's not being kept cool in downwash from props!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
Mine arrived this evening. Really its a very nice frame. I was quite impressed. Hopefully I remain as impressed as I actually fit it out.
achiii is offline Find More Posts by achiii
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:03 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
111 Posts
FY680 Legs

I also received mine the last night...

I find the legs shaky because of the single allen head screw holding the landing skids from the legs pole acts as a pivot .. this actually concerns me. would this be a problem for anyone?
sgg05158 is online now Find More Posts by sgg05158
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:46 AM
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
Quote:
I also received mine the last night...

I find the legs shaky because of the single allen head screw holding the landing skids from the legs pole acts as a pivot .. this actually concerns me. would this be a problem for anyone?
Did you notice on the instructions that there is no mention of the folding legs, and instead it calls for the xaircraft standard legs that fit the load rails on the tarot? You could always go that route. I havent fit the legs yet, to see if they concern me (it is a little annoying that the legs seem to be the only part that require a smaller wrench).
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:12 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiii View Post
Did you notice on the instructions that there is no mention of the folding legs, and instead it calls for the xaircraft standard legs that fit the load rails on the tarot? You could always go that route. I havent fit the legs yet, to see if they concern me (it is a little annoying that the legs seem to be the only part that require a smaller wrench).
yeah I noticed that last night.. for me the very reason why I decided to go for this frame is due to the folding landing gear.. however, it needs modification to;
1.0 make it strong enough to handle heavier payload.
2.0 increase ground clearance for gimbal installation
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
Quote:
yeah I noticed that last night.. for me the very reason why I decided to go for this frame is due to the folding landing gear.. however, it needs modification to;
I did too, but Im not yet convinced it needs 1. and my gimbal hasnt arrived yet for me to evaluate 2.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:29 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
I did too, but Im not yet convinced it needs 1. and my gimbal hasnt arrived yet for me to evaluate 2.
1 is pointed at the shaky landing gear and not the frame.. but then it is just my opinion.. probably when somebody starts flying it we will get to know if the legs will support well.. I ordered GO gimbal from copterframes and its height is 195mm while FY680 clearance is only around 175mm.. so I am referring to this, yes this may not be true for all..
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
Quote:
1 is pointed at the shaky landing gear and not the frame.. but then it is just my opinion.. probably when somebody starts flying it we will get to know if the legs will support well.. I ordered GO gimbal from copterframes and its height is 195mm while FY680 clearance is only around 175mm.. so I am referring to this, yes this may not be true for all..
Yup, it certainly might break at that single bolt, and it is clearly a little shaky at that location. We'll see how it holds up.

I thought my motors/escs/FC were being delivered today, but alas no. It will still be some time before I can build.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined May 2012
217 Posts
There is a textured foam/rubbery thing with one adhesive side in the kit. I put the whole frame together (weighed as 630g on my kitchen scale), but I still am not sure what this is supposed to be for. Anyone?
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:10 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
There is a textured foam/rubbery thing with one adhesive side in the kit. I put the whole frame together (weighed as 630g on my kitchen scale), but I still am not sure what this is supposed to be for. Anyone?
Would it be a good idea if it I use as battery anti slip mat? This will ensure maintain you CG whle on flight. That's what I plan to do..