HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:16 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Velociraptor73's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
When reading these motors specifics on RCTimer page I didn't give them much credit for all those impressive specifications they describe. But on the video they really sound super smooth!
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:57 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
SOOO many wires to solder! there IS a fy680 under there somewhere!!!!
madoldgit is offline Find More Posts by madoldgit
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:47 AM
Registered User
Denmark, Region Zealand, Terslev
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madoldgit View Post
SOOO many wires to solder! there IS a fy680 under there somewhere!!!!
Is there a FY680 underneath that wiring chaos?

Wow! How are you going to power your ESC's? Power distribution board?

Peter
psindrup is offline Find More Posts by psindrup
Last edited by psindrup; Dec 29, 2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Missing "how"
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:51 AM
Registered User
Denmark, Region Zealand, Terslev
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
When reading these motors specifics on RCTimer page I didn't give them much credit for all those impressive specifications they describe. But on the video they really sound super smooth!
And they are super cheap too!

Even their 40A ESC is way below $20,- and I love the idea that the female bullet connectors is directly integrated in the ESC itself.
http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...0&productname=

Could I please ask one of the FY680 owners to measure the length of the arms? I want to make sure that the 40cm wires of the RCtimer motor are long enough to reach the ESC with integrated bullet connectors.

Peter
psindrup is offline Find More Posts by psindrup
Last edited by psindrup; Dec 29, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:14 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psindrup View Post
Is there a FY680 underneath that wiring chaos?

Wow are you going to power your ESC's? Power distribution board?

Peter
no power board, but have a 'ring' supply soldered to each esc, no bullet connects on this one!
madoldgit is offline Find More Posts by madoldgit
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psindrup View Post
And they are super cheap too!

Even their 40A ESC is way below $20,- and I love the idea that the female bullet connectors is directly integrated in the ESC itself.
http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...0&productname=

Could I please ask one of the FY680 owners to measure the length of the arms? I want to make sure that the 40cm wires of the RCtimer motor are long enough to reach the ESC with integrated bullet connectors.

Peter
Peter, tubes are 315mm end to end
madoldgit is offline Find More Posts by madoldgit
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:30 AM
Registered User
Denmark, Region Zealand, Terslev
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madoldgit View Post
Peter, tubes are 315mm end to end
Thanks man!

Could I ask you to do me one more favour?
Could I ask you to check if 40cm motor wires would be enough to "reach" ESC's without wires but with "integrated" bullet connectors like this one?
http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...0&productname=

... or would it be a safer bet to go for the "traditional" ESC's with wires?

Looking forward to see your bird with "the hair combed".

Thanks again

Peter
psindrup is offline Find More Posts by psindrup
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
Simple is the best
Widelec's Avatar
Joined May 2011
1,164 Posts
FY680 & YS-X4 maiden.
Hover only today. I will check all connector and screws and parts after the first fly for safety.

Fy680 maiden (1 min 27 sec)
Widelec is offline Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered User
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined May 2012
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widelec View Post
FY680 & YS-X4 maiden.
Hover only today. I will check all connector and screws and parts after the first fly for safety.
[/URL]
Looks pretty good!
achiii is offline Find More Posts by achiii
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:48 AM
Registered User
dean19794's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Wolverhampton
Joined Dec 2012
91 Posts
Looks sweet mate!! Good work!
dean19794 is offline Find More Posts by dean19794
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:59 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Maidstone
Joined Nov 2012
107 Posts
Crash!!!

OK so all wired up!, borrowed crius se out of my x525 re-flashed for hex not even into hover and bang straight over on its left side= bent shaft in brand new motor.
I knew it could not be vibration as I had spent 45 mins balancing all 6 motors then all 6 props........left and right motor leads in crius wrong way around!!!!!!. Nick motor outer casing off old quad fitted perfectly on to stator...bingo had 2 flights in dark and windy conditions now off to Sainsburys carpark for last test flight!! even in the wid it flys sooo nice.
Video soon
madoldgit is offline Find More Posts by madoldgit
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:09 PM
Registered User
dean19794's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Wolverhampton
Joined Dec 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madoldgit View Post
OK so all wired up!, borrowed crius se out of my x525 re-flashed for hex not even into hover and bang straight over on its left side= bent shaft in brand new motor.
I knew it could not be vibration as I had spent 45 mins balancing all 6 motors then all 6 props........left and right motor leads in crius wrong way around!!!!!!. Nick motor outer casing off old quad fitted perfectly on to stator...bingo had 2 flights in dark and windy conditions now off to Sainsburys carpark for last test flight!! even in the wid it flys sooo nice.
Video soon
Oh mate bumpy start... But you got it sorted!! Good lad..

I love the fact that there is a few of us just finishing our builds at the same time.

They are super stable I just wish we had better weather!! Post video and finish picks when you can I'd love to see..

I've completed a few fpv flights with mine the last few days.. It's been bang on.. Can't recommend them enough!!
dean19794 is offline Find More Posts by dean19794
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:45 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Velociraptor73's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Wow! Congrats boys!
I'm so jealous!
Still waiting the missing screws and clamp that will only arrive sometime in 2013....
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
30 Posts
What type of motors, props, batt you use?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Widelec View Post
FY680 & YS-X4 maiden.
Hover only today. I will check all connector and screws and parts after the first fly for safety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4PBuIlJbeM
RUSSIA is offline Find More Posts by RUSSIA
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:00 PM
Registered User
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined May 2012
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madoldgit View Post
OK so all wired up!, borrowed crius se out of my x525 re-flashed for hex not even into hover and bang straight over on its left side= bent shaft in brand new motor.
I knew it could not be vibration as I had spent 45 mins balancing all 6 motors then all 6 props........left and right motor leads in crius wrong way around!!!!!!. Nick motor outer casing off old quad fitted perfectly on to stator...bingo had 2 flights in dark and windy conditions now off to Sainsburys carpark for last test flight!! even in the wid it flys sooo nice.
Video soon
Glad you got it up despite the initial setback.

Cant wait to maiden mine. Its sitting on my kitchen table waiting for me, all configured, tested, ready to go, but I wont be able to fly it until the 5th or so.
achiii is offline Find More Posts by achiii
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Interested in getting a Mikrokopter hex or a droidworx hex. How hard is set up? LMAO Multirotor Talk 8 Dec 28, 2010 08:47 AM
Discussion Tarot 450SE V2 GF helipr0 Mini Helis 12 Oct 19, 2009 05:47 PM
Discussion Tarot 450SE V2 GF Kit? carmen5.3 Electric Heli Talk 8 Sep 18, 2009 09:54 AM
Discussion Align, Tarot, CopterX edfardos Electric Heli Talk 4 Mar 14, 2009 12:15 AM
For Sale Tarot 450 V2 KIT KS-Model Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Nov 10, 2008 11:16 AM