SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:58 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
I'm in.

This is for mine.
Still need other parts (Motor esc propeller)

Name: PC170012 (Medium).jpg
Views: 424
Size: 146.1 KB
Description: Name: PC170010 (Medium).jpg
Views: 452
Size: 187.3 KB
Description: Name: PC170014 (Medium).jpg
Views: 407
Size: 163.2 KB
Description: Name: PC170018 (Medium).jpg
Views: 407
Size: 163.6 KB
Description:

Name: PC170019 (Medium).jpg
Views: 441
Size: 145.9 KB
Description: Name: PC170023 (Medium).jpg
Views: 419
Size: 171.9 KB
Description: Name: PC170025 (Medium).jpg
Views: 460
Size: 183.5 KB
Description: Name: PC170026 (Medium).jpg
Views: 443
Size: 195.1 KB
Description:

Name: PC170027 (Medium).jpg
Views: 434
Size: 141.8 KB
Description: Name: PC170028 (Medium).jpg
Views: 440
Size: 147.9 KB
Description: Name: PC170029 (Medium).jpg
Views: 405
Size: 169.0 KB
Description: Name: PC170030 (Medium).jpg
Views: 474
Size: 132.4 KB
Description:

Name: PC170031 (Medium).jpg
Views: 423
Size: 164.0 KB
Description: Name: PC170032 (Medium).jpg
Views: 418
Size: 171.1 KB
Description: Name: PC170033 (Medium).jpg
Views: 714
Size: 202.4 KB
Description:

http://www.bambucopter.com/tarot-fy680-hexacopter/
Widelec is online now Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Widelec; Dec 21, 2012 at 03:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:49 AM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Terslev
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg05158 View Post
I ordered the power distribution from foxtech (link below).. I will be soldering direct the ESC wires to this PCB to lessen the wire/connector mess.. once soldered I think it will be hard to come off due to the size of the wire and the amount of solder needed.. black colored PCB should have been nicer though..

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/power-dist...tor-p-595.html
Thanks Tim

I will use the same PDB, but drill holes through the board and solder on the opposite side of the wire, for mechanical strength. I still don't like that the solder "islands" are so close together.

Peter
psindrup is offline Find More Posts by psindrup
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widelec View Post
I'm in.
Nice!

How long did the build take, and were any of the parts missing or faulty?

Peter
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:39 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psindrup View Post
Nice!

How long did the build take, and were any of the parts missing or faulty?

Peter

No any faulty parts
.One m3x6 screw missing its for center square carbon.
Half blue aluminium parts over.
Apporx 2 hour

Most difficult is sloting side two arms .
There are two screws for landing gear.
Must be screwed before side booms insert
Widelec is online now Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Widelec; Dec 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:42 PM
Italy, Lombardy, Cremona
Joined Mar 2007
43 Posts
some updates,
i'm building mine modifying it so it is still on its way. It is 750mm wheelbase now and won't use the original landing gear.
* missing M2.5x30 screws, M2.5x22 present instead
* tubes should be real CF (and i love the matt finishing), but plates aren't: drilling holes you will see white shaving. looking carefully i see CF layers are interspersed with GF ones.
* one arm clamp broke, same as someone other's one in this thread. Luckly two more are included. Honestly i hoped in a better retaining system, this doesn't appear to be better than ATG one, and the frame is twice expensive.
simone76 is offline Find More Posts by simone76
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:49 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Update...

Today I decided to carefully check the whole parts in the kit. Then I also found 8 washer and half boom clamp missing!
After a long talk to Goodluckbuy they said they will send me that too.

Regarding the M2.5x30mm screws that were all missing, I could not find it anywhere in the world to order! I wonder why Tarot didn't use M3x30 instead as they are not only much stronger but also common size that you easily find at local screw shops.
Everytime I asked for M2.5x30 I was told it is M2.5 are too thin for this length, so it's usually not made. Anyway, GLB said they already sent me a set of them.

Next step is ordering a carbon fiber plate to cut a gimbal adapter...

And nice too see more people jumping in.
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg05158 View Post
I am just waiting for my power distribution board to arrive then I am set to start installing and setting up the electronics.. however, I won't fly this until I have the landing gear modified as it is really shaky.. won't be able to handle its weight especially during landing in my opinion..

I am using sunnysky 2814-11 700kv because it's rated thrust is 2kg with 12x6 propeller on 4s battery. max current @ 25A so I think my hobbywing 30A is just nice.

based on the data sheet, 50% throttle is needed to lift up 4.8kg (.8 kg x 6motors).. I hope I am right...
Nice one!

Today I was seriously thinking about those 2814. But I will give the 2216 a chance as I already have them at hand and spent too much in a previous project that didn't came out very well.

Let me know how it goes, also if the 30A escs will hold it well as they are the same I have.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:44 AM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
2,025 Posts
so here is the rest of my stuff. After almost 3 weeks waiting for EMS express from hobbyking which i paid $60 for it for 6motors 6esc and a 4s battery. It end up they didnt ship express but going snail mail instead. Very lame i keep telling them that it not going to be express base on that kind of time. They insist that it was shipp was EMS express.

so here is my list

3 4S Turnigy 2x5800 25-30C 1x4000 40-50C. 3 more of the 4s5000 40-50c are on the mail
6 Turnigy 5017 620Kv pancake from HK
6 Turnigy 40A Plush
2 PDB blue one from forcehobby ebay the black one is from Foxtech which is suck i think because it so tight
6 Carbon fiber 12x4.5 props from foxtech
Some XT60 yellow
some 3.5mm bullets connector
some XT deans connector
2 extra motor mount that i got from CNCHeli because foxtech missing parts i posted earlier
Turnigy program card
and Wookong M are still in the box with OSD
Futaba T8FG sitting on the shelf
and 5.8ghz FTP sitting on my table
Sony Super CAD II 600tvl camera are on the way.
When i get this up i'll post again.

the motor is a bit crazy because of the hole pattern don't match with the motor base from Tarot but i manage to make it work nicely with a little of grinding. stay tune
Askyvision is online now Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:46 AM
Joined Apr 2008
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
Update...

Today I decided to carefully check the whole parts in the kit. Then I also found 8 washer and half boom clamp missing!
After a long talk to Goodluckbuy they said they will send me that too.

Regarding the M2.5x30mm screws that were all missing, I could not find it anywhere in the world to order! I wonder why Tarot didn't use M3x30 instead as they are not only much stronger but also common size that you easily find at local screw shops.
Everytime I asked for M2.5x30 I was told it is M2.5 are too thin for this length, so it's usually not made. Anyway, GLB said they already sent me a set of them.

Next step is ordering a carbon fiber plate to cut a gimbal adapter...

And nice too see more people jumping in.
I am a bit worried about the overall finish of this kit!

It seems to be more the rule than the exception that parts are either missing or broke.

Peter
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:15 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psindrup View Post
Thanks Tim

I will use the same PDB, but drill holes through the board and solder on the opposite side of the wire, for mechanical strength. I still don't like that the solder "islands" are so close together.

Peter
Quote:
Nice one!

Today I was seriously thinking about those 2814. But I will give the 2216 a chance as I already have them at hand and spent too much in a previous project that didn't came out very well.

Let me know how it goes, also if the 30A escs will hold it well as they are the same I have.
Foxtech let me down on my last order... I ordered 9Ah lipo and PDB and it was indicated as shipped last 29Nov but until now I haven't receive them yet. They are checking the actual status right now, I hope it is not lost as it will even double the wait.. For now, my assembly is completely delayed because of the PDB..
sgg05158 is offline Find More Posts by sgg05158
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Well, I think all those big scale Chinese manufacturers and shops have a reputation for low quality control and missing parts. But after having huge problems with occidental expensive hand made multirotor products that I had to order many parts, several times, and work for weeks to make it work close to what it should, I don't get too angry with the Chineses any more. At least they have good prices. And I can't complain about Goodluckbuy either. After years this was my first order from them as they had a large reputation for missing parts. But apart from Tarot kit which is not their fault, everything I ordered like vibration dampeners and distribution boards arrived correctly. And they were quite fast to ship me the missing parts for the kit, even if I didn't report all at once and they had to do another shipping getting mad on me! LOL :P
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone76 View Post
some updates,
i'm building mine modifying it so it is still on its way. It is 750mm wheelbase now and won't use the original landing gear.
* missing M2.5x30 screws, M2.5x22 present instead
* tubes should be real CF (and i love the matt finishing), but plates aren't: drilling holes you will see white shaving. looking carefully i see CF layers are interspersed with GF ones.
* one arm clamp broke, same as someone other's one in this thread. Luckly two more are included. Honestly i hoped in a better retaining system, this doesn't appear to be better than ATG one, and the frame is twice expensive.
Simone, sorry didn't notice your post yesterday! Was too anxious to post!

First I also thought I had received M2.5x22 instead of 30mm, but 22mm are also part of the kit as well as M2.5x19. Your's is missing 30mm just like mine. Check your aluminium clamps too. On the manual they list the screws necessary to each step of assembly. Count all the steps screws and sizes and see if there is anything else missing.

I was taking a look at ATG frame you mentioned and for the price it makes FY680 seems expensive! Especially if as someone said, it does have glass fiber sandwiched between frame plates instead of pure 3K carbon as advertised!

Only down side of ATG are the booms width, 12mm is too weak! 16mm still not ideal (for what I want) but a bit better. Taking ATG $80 price as a base I would consider that FY680 carbon version should cost no more than $130! But I saw it's price seems to be coming down. I'm finding it easily now around $40 cheaper than the $204 paid at GLB! When I decided to order, Foxtech was sold out and I didn't expect it to be restocked so quickly.
Last edited by Velociraptor73; Dec 19, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:11 PM
Italy, Lombardy, Cremona
Joined Mar 2007
43 Posts
Quote:
Simone, sorry didn't notice your post yesterday! Was too anxious to post!

First I also thought I had received M2.5x22 instead of 30mm, but 22mm are also part of the kit as well as M2.5x19. Your's is missing 30mm just like mine. Check your aluminium clamps too. On the manual they list the screws necessary to each step of assembly. Count all the steps screws and sizes and see if there is anything else missing.

I was taking a look at ATG frame you mentioned and for the price it makes FY680 seems expensive! Especially if as someone said, it does have glass fiber sandwiched between frame plates instead of pure 3K carbon as advertised!

Only down side of ATG are the booms width, 12mm is too weak! 16mm still not ideal but a bit better. Taking ATG $80 price as a base I would consider that FY680 carbon version should cost no more than $130! But I saw it's price seems to be coming down. I'm finding it easily now around $40 cheaper than the $204 paid at GLB! When I decided to order, Foxtech was sold out and I didn't expect it to be restocked so quickly.
i don't care much for screws, it is already built beside the missing 2.5x30, and some screws i didn't even used. I changed some stuffs and did discard the landing gear, making instead a cinestar o-ring system and a tripod gimbal.

The ATG wich is almost the same and i took as reference (but look i don't own it) is this one http://www.omgfly.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=694
As you see is 16mm "fake" cf, i don't like much moto supports but still looks worth for the price.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
I am interested in the frame this.But the fact many parts missing in the package, made ​​me cancel to buy ...

or the loss of some part is in certain cases?
fajaranakku is offline Find More Posts by fajaranakku
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:27 PM
Italy, Lombardy, Cremona
Joined Mar 2007
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajaranakku View Post
I am interested in the frame this.But the fact many parts missing in the package, made ​​me cancel to buy ...

or the loss of some part is in certain cases?
i think the screws are missing in most of the early kits made. i think they recognized and fixed already, today in my morning (i'm from europe) i contacted GLB, they said they already sent the missing screws 2 days ago. I think they did for all the kits sold. I like this frame, it can be a good deal for those wanting to use the included legs. Just maybe better to wait a little, to be sure to buy a later production kit.