HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 18, 2001, 08:45 PM
Brampton
Joined Sep 2001
1,439 Posts
F.F.X. Foam Fighters

I would like to comment on the New foam fighters offered by FFX Park Fighters.
Here's a Pic of my ME 109 and it sports a S400 on 8Cells, spinning a 6x3 prop 4CH. It's funtastic.
Dumped the Pic it was way too big!! View planes scroll down
Oh ya I also have the P51 it sports a
BL400-22 spinning a 6X6 on 10 cells 3CH!! Ouch!!
Here's the Web site;
http://webhome.idirect.com/~manuel/

Denis Tomicki
PanzyPoof is offline Find More Posts by PanzyPoof
Last edited by PanzyPoof; Jan 07, 2002 at 10:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2001, 09:30 PM
New Bedford, Ma. USA
Joined May 2001
1,413 Posts
Very cool looking kits, What kind of flight times do you get.

Dauntae
Dauntae is offline Find More Posts by Dauntae
Old Nov 18, 2001, 11:04 PM
Brampton
Joined Sep 2001
1,439 Posts
F.F.X. Park Fighters

As to flight time I have yet to put a clock to it.
Shure it would be on average with a Zagi400 on 8 cells.
As to the Brushless BL400-22 turning 6x6 at 15000
drawing 19A It's a direct drive Rocket/Tractor. Time est 5min+- .
As to the Kit it's quite easy to build foam, laser
balsa. Cloth and Polyurathane finish. Engine S400+

Ken Manuel (Toronto)is the 1 person behind all the models. I purchased mine! no freebe, so As a customer I'm very happy.
As as a friend I hope his efforts are rewarded.
As a Spy Hmmmm he's not done yet;-0!
Here's a Pic of the line up last Month.
He will have a web site soon. Anouther customer is
helping there.
Contact Ken at~ manuel@idirect.com
Oh ya as for A Uncontroled impact with a Planet!
It's a Foamie 5min it!
Denis T
Old Nov 19, 2001, 10:55 AM
New Bedford, Ma. USA
Joined May 2001
1,413 Posts
I do have one other question, On the site I can find http://www.microrc.com/PF.htm it requires two servos, are these kits set up to use ailerons or are they rudder elevator only. actually if you give some details about the kit and how well it performs it will most defiantly bring a little more interest here on the E-Zone. The kits look really good and with some more information about the kit there may be a few willing too get one and let all of the rest who are not too sure about them know how good they are and what they will need to do if anyone else wants one. I would do it myself because I love the WW2 aircraft but unfortunately 2 kids and a wife out of work at the moment is keeping all my spare funds to a minimum. A perfect example is when I started in this hobby I got a skyscooter from what I read here on the E-zone and when I started to outgrow it I turned here for what I want for my next plane so I read some good things about the Hawk and it was a natural progression from the skyscooter and I passed that on to a few of the people I know through the E-zone and now some of them have either one on order or already have them. So give us as many details about them as you can and I'm sure one of these guys will get one and give it some reviews. Ether that send one to the E-zone and have them do a review (Man I wished I
worked for the E-zone.)

Best of luck for your fiends Co. and a great plane sells itself. I'll eventually have the P-40
HEHE.

Dauntae
Old Nov 19, 2001, 01:22 PM
Brampton
Joined Sep 2001
1,439 Posts
The mecanical links are for the Elevator and Ailerons = 2 servos. ESC tops it off.
My ME109 I added rudder, no biggie nice feature
but by no meens needed! Servos I used are HS55.

Gotta Relinquish Computer to 6year old Daughter NOW!
Later in This Evening in Foamie Section OK Will post some more Building tips and Pics.
Denis
Last edited by PanzyPoof; Jan 01, 2002 at 02:06 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2001, 03:45 PM
New Bedford, Ma. USA
Joined May 2001
1,413 Posts
That will be great, the ailerons are a big plus. And my 6year old Daughter also kicks me off the computer on a daily basis too. The P-40 is going on the future plane list for sure.

Dauntae
Old Nov 22, 2001, 08:19 PM
Unregistered Foamsmith
Canada
Joined Nov 2001
421 Posts
Foam warbirds

Pardon the slow response to your inquiry Dauntae, I spend too much time building/flying and need to learn how to use a PC. 4 warbirds are available so far and 4 more are on the drawing board as we speak. Plans are in the works to release a Russian Yak, Hawker Hurricane, Airacobra and a FW-190-D within the next 2 months. All the aircraft use the same construction methods, expected weight, and forward resistance in order to organize pilon racing locally this coming season. Each aircraft is constructed entirely of blue/pink foam with carbon fiber and 1/32 ply reinforcements. Wings are cut on a C.N.C. hot wire to a perfect Clark-Y with a slot in the leading edge for a carbon fiber rod to drop into. Fuselage is 90% shaped and requires 30 minutes of sanding to remove production cutting edges. Motor mount, wingtip guards, landing skids and tail feathers are all laser cut. Each kit comes with all aileron and elevator hardware and one square yard of 0.63 fiberglass cloth covering. The only things you need to supply are motor/prop/spinner/adapter, speed controller, 2 servos (I use HS-81), reciever and paint. The trick to keeping these aircraft light is NOT using epoxy on the fiberglass, use water based polyurethane instead. Check the following website if you need more info.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~manuel

Regards, Ken
Ken Manuel is offline Find More Posts by Ken Manuel
Last edited by Ken Manuel; Jan 11, 2002 at 02:39 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2001, 09:04 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2000
250 Posts
I've watched Ken fly these planes all summer, and I can confirm that they perform tremendously even on a stock Speed 400. On a brushless -- migawd! And at $60 US, they're a heck of a deal. Buy one -- you won't regret it.
gordonbw is offline Find More Posts by gordonbw
Old Dec 30, 2001, 11:22 PM
aka - Knight Hawke
South East Missouri
Joined Dec 2001
236 Posts
p-51

Where did you get the p-51b....been looking at all the wrong stores can you help????joe
Joe Simmons is offline Find More Posts by Joe Simmons
Old Dec 31, 2001, 12:01 AM
New Bedford, Ma. USA
Joined May 2001
1,413 Posts
http://www.microrc.com/PF.htm direct or you can find them here soo but not in stock yet http://eam.net/EAMRC/scale.htm

Dauntae
Old Dec 31, 2001, 12:24 AM
Unregistered Foamsmith
Canada
Joined Nov 2001
421 Posts
Hello folks. This is just to set the record straight. My name is Ken Manuel of Seriously Fun Models in Toronto Canada. I am the designer and manufacturer of the FFX Park Fighter series. Both EAM and Skyhooks & Rigging are dealers for the line. EAM should have stock of all 4 aircraft by Jan 15 and Skyhooks & Rigging has had all 4 aircraft in stock since Oct 1, 2001. You can also purchase direct from Seriously Fun Models by emailing me, Ken Manuel at manuel@idirect.com. Our website is almost completed (http://webhome.idirect.com/~manuel) and it will be posted here for open kits to see in the box and such. Thank you all for your patience thus far.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Ken Manuel
Last edited by Ken Manuel; Jan 11, 2002 at 02:35 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2001, 11:08 AM
tyler, texas, united states
Joined Mar 2001
639 Posts
what RX are you using, might retire the zagi and pull the radio gear out of the zagi and put it in that.... will the RX that comes with the hitec 3 am work in this application? and wich is best suited HS-81's or HS-50, 55's?

can anyone comment on the speeds of these planes?
barn buster 50 is offline Find More Posts by barn buster 50
Old Dec 31, 2001, 12:09 PM
Unregistered Foamsmith
Canada
Joined Nov 2001
421 Posts
Hi Barn Buster. I created the line to use inexpensive equipment. All prototype testing was done with two HS-81's and the Hitec AM trans/rx "Focus 3". Many customers came back with great results using the HS-55 to save weight and get well under 16 Oz. total flying weight. I have recently found that the GWS Naro 4 channel reciever is very reasonably priced, extremely light and has a 2000 ft range which would put one of these warbirds out of sight. With a stock speed 400-6V, 6x3 prop and 7x600ma cell pack they go about 25-30mph and are highly areobatic and look scale in flight. Stock sp-400-6V with a 6x4 and 8x600ma pack and you can get approx. 40-45mph for more pilon type areobatics. Astro brushless 020 with a 3:1 gearbox driving a 9x8 prop... serious vertical aerobatic capabilities depending on battery choice. Your Zagi equipment will drop right in. Hope this gives you the inspiration needed Barn Buster 50.

Best Regards and Happy New Year to everyone,

Ken Manuel
Old Dec 31, 2001, 02:28 PM
tyler, texas, united states
Joined Mar 2001
639 Posts
do you think that 800 Ar's would fit? if so then it would be music to my ears
barn buster 50 is offline Find More Posts by barn buster 50
Old Dec 31, 2001, 07:24 PM
Brampton
Joined Sep 2001