http://m.topix.com/forum/city/farmin...F6STCLJEAI9SO4
Purple Aki is offline Find More Posts by Purple Aki
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:25 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
If I don't like how a website is run, I don't go there. It's Jim Boerke's site and he can run it anyway he wants. Whining about it doesn't accomplish anything. It's not like he's charging me for using it.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:35 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
I agree with the thought-nazi comment. The moderators here are idiots. Which is why I have been dividing my time between here and helifreak. There are a few people on here that I like or else I would have been gone already.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
I often find it's not the site itself, or whoever owns it, but mostly the people who use the site, and they all know who they are. In that context, this site is so much like another guitar forum I used to frequent quite a bit, the similarities are quite striking...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Aki View Post
Click on the link in the eighth post if you want to read more stuff. Some really controversial material about here on that site.
I tried typing and posting the web address here but for some reason rc groups censors it as if its a vulgar word. Wonder what rc groups has to hide not allowing this address to be posted?
ForumFever is offline Find More Posts by ForumFever
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:53 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
I find the warning (bottom of the screen capture) I get at that link very interesting.
Frankly, if my choices are following the rules here, or being tracked when I visit there, I'll stay here.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I must have missed something, this forum seems to be full of helpfull people and information. I dont care about who or what owns a site, but what I get out of it and who I deal with. I'm A-political anyway, so as long as I treat people with respect and get the same in return.... I;m fine with that. If you look hard enough at anything, you can surely find faults. I know I'm less then perfect, but maybe some people are just perfect in every aspect of life and I must envy them..... Ok sarcasm 101, but think about it, anybody here 'perfect' ? Just my .02 worth.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:29 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Ok sarcasm 101, but think about it, anybody here 'perfect' ? Just my .02 worth.
I will never claim to be perfect - that would be conceited, and conceit is an imperfection.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:29 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
I like all the forums, RC groups is my favorite. Never had a problem with anyone that I couldn't get worked out or ignored
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:58 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
However one perceives the referenced charges and specifications, I have never known them to impinge upon the electric heli forum. And as such this topic 'may not' belong here.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:31 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
I must have missed something, this forum seems to be full of helpfull people and information. I dont care about who or what owns a site, but what I get out of it and who I deal with. I'm A-political anyway, so as long as I treat people with respect and get the same in return.... I;m fine with that. If you look hard enough at anything, you can surely find faults. I know I'm less then perfect, but maybe some people are just perfect in every aspect of life and I must envy them..... Ok sarcasm 101, but think about it, anybody here 'perfect' ? Just my .02 worth.
Issue seems to be with the mods and admin. And heli section is not representative of the whole site. I don't go to other sections so I can't easily verify it.

Btw, why is it asking to use my GPS?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
I like all the forums, RC groups is my favorite. Never had a problem with anyone that I couldn't get worked out or ignored
+1

Extreme criticisms that border on hyperbole and/or hysteria seem more symptomatic of the posters' emotions at the time of writing than an objective description of conditions or occurrences.

No moderator on RCG has been harsh or unfair to me—even when I have provided them with excuses to be that way.

Purple Aki's posting history shows that he has been well served by other RCG'ers' answers to his questions. One of this threads was closed and one of his buddies was tossed off of RCG, which may have shook him up:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715517

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1775899
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Last edited by zen@lanset.com; Nov 24, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:22 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
I have had negative experiences with the moderators on this site. If you say something that a + member disagrees with (and they are petty enough to report you for it) the moderators will hand down redactions and "points" without giving you a chance to stick up for yourself. Then I got more points because I dare to complain about it.

For those that know me, I do not troll, I help when I can, I respect the opinions of others and I ask thoughtful questions. Now I spend more and more time on helifreak. I would think that RCGroups would like to keep users that contribute around, even if they dont agree with everything they say.

It is worth pointing out that before that experience I was happy with this forum. As many of you currently are.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:32 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
Honestly, the only complaint I have with the site is some of the off topic stuff like religion and politics. Another site I belong to doesn't allow either, and it keeps things a little more friendly. I know I don't have to look, but I've seen it bluster over between members on rc related stuff. Just my .02.
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:42 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
I have had negative experiences with the moderators on this site. If you say something that a + member disagrees with (and they are petty enough to report you for it) the moderators will hand down redactions and "points" without giving you a chance to stick up for yourself. Then I got more points because I dare to complain about it.

For those that know me, I do not troll, I help when I can, I respect the opinions of others and I ask thoughtful questions. Now I spend more and more time on helifreak. I would think that RCGroups would like to keep users that contribute around, even if they dont agree with everything they say.

It is worth pointing out that before that experience I was happy with this forum. As many of you currently are.
And I've had negative experiences at helifreak. I disagreed with the majority of posters there and was called a troll. My response to being called a troll included the word "%@&!". The next day I received a PM from an admin telling me several members had reported me about the word "%@&!" because it implied obscene language - I should remove it or be banned. I assume I'm banned - didn't change it and haven't been back. And that's the end of it. I don't search the web for people who don't like heifreak - I don't have a vendetta. I just don't go there anymore.