SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:29 PM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Sep 2012
27 Posts
Discussion
My Blade CX2!

So i wanted to take a second to say hello and introduce myself. I just got my first larger in size Heli a couple weeks ago and it has quickly become my new favorite hobby. i posted this thread in a different sub forum sorry for the repost just wanted to introduce myself to you guys.

A little bit of background. I used to have this awesome but very cheap indoor micro heli that i got from Bed Bath & Beyond (whatever the beyond is) but yeah i got really good at flying that around my house and decided i wanted something more fun. I asked one of my friends to point me toward a good heli to move into. He told me which one and i let the wife know that was wanted for Xmas. WELLLL that being said the heli i got was a collective pitch Blade SR. After trying to fly it once and only getting it like 3 inches off the ground i decided it was WAY to advanced for what i needed. The heli was sold to a hobby shop a couple weeks ago.

SO i decided after talking with the guys at the shop to pick up a Blade CX2. Im sure all of you know what they are so no need to explain. After a couple days of playing with it i needed to make a couple upgrades to it out of need..i may have crashed once or twice.

After doing a lot of reading and looking at the exploded view in the manual i felt that i had the grasp of how everything went together and came apart. I found the small hard to twist screwdriver a very big pain so i ran over to Harbor Freight and picked up a set of electronics screwdrivers. Much better!

So i ordered a bunch of upgrades i felt i needed and went to work. Here is the pics of how everything went.

SO MANY LITTLE PIECES!!!!AHHHH

And done for now!

Tonight I ordered the CNC Swash Plate the CNC Lower Rotor Head and the CNC Outer Shaft bearing- All ordered from my local hobby shop down the street. Im all about supporting local business and hobby shops are a dying breed.

The last thing i ordered tonight because i toasted the plastic body was this:

Im not sure about it because it said that i need to use all of the landing gear and battery tray that come with the body but i want to see if I can use the CNC one that i already have.

Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated, suggestions always welcome!!
D.Yoder is offline Find More Posts by D.Yoder
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:52 PM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Oct 2005
168 Posts
I suggest you post this in the CX2 - How I buy fly and modify thread where you are apt to get more of a response and understanding about upgrading.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607057
bebev is offline Find More Posts by bebev