Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 19, 2013, 08:22 AM
Joined Oct 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
The characters haven't been changed for a very long time and I don't have any plans to do so
Uploading the characters should pretty much be a one-time thing, unless somebody gets a brilliant idea on how to use the characters different.
Good stuff, that's what I thought also. So the plan now is to desolder, upload characters and solder back the bridges, since life will be easier without needing a 12v feed. Thanks for info.
jpahka is offline Find More Posts by jpahka
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2013, 09:54 AM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
760 Posts
So, guess it's time for an update
I started to look at it last weekend, so it's in a very early stage, but looks promising.
Absolute_zero convinced me, that it would be a nice with the possibility to log all data. The Atmega328P is in no way capable of saving that amount of data, but using a separate Atmega328P with a SD-card, allows huge amounts of data to be logged directly to txt/CSV files.

Long story short:
- Beta firmware for OSD with data-output done (binary protocol, to avoid too large amount of data)
- Beta firmware for SD-logger done (Pretty much OpenLog with the protocol and decoding implemented)

It will on OpenLog if anyone should have on around and feel like giving it a try!

Furthermore a small PCB to put directly on top of the integrated OSD is on its way.

So far, the following data is saved:
- Logcount
- Volt
- Amp
- Speed
- Altitude
- LOS
- lats
- lons
- signalpercent
- packagepercent
- mah
- filtered_pressure
- pressureAltitude
- satellites

Example:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5/LOG00197.TXT
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Nov 23, 2013, 06:15 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
760 Posts
Now I just need some actual flight-logs
Old Nov 24, 2013, 06:56 AM
FPV Enthusiast
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,863 Posts
Very cool Dennis!

Calvin
martinic is online now Find More Posts by martinic
Old Dec 04, 2013, 05:24 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
760 Posts
Works like a charm
Old Dec 05, 2013, 05:49 AM
FPV Enthusiast
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,863 Posts
Wow! That's awesome!!
martinic is online now Find More Posts by martinic
Old Dec 15, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Adding waypoints directly in the code/sketch will by far be the easiest solution, seen from the programming perspective

I'm way over my head with work and studies atm. but I'll have it in mind if I got bored some day.
Is this ^^^^^^ still planned? Are AHI fixes planned? Some inspiration (not diy osd) ->
C4S integrated Autopilot & OSD test : Following waypoints (3 min 7 sec)
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Dec 15, 2013, 04:57 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Is this ^^^^^^ still planned? Are AHI fixes planned? Some inspiration (not diy osd) -> https://vimeo.com/15128879
I did a quick and dirty test-implementation a while ago, but I need to make a few re-arrangements in the GPS-calculations to make it space-efficient. It haven't really been prioritized as I found a lot of other things more interesting to play with

The logger on the other hand is implemented and seems to be working like a charm

I haven't used gyro and acc for ages, no work have been done to AH.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 04:58 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
Quote:
I did a quick and dirty test-implementation a while ago, but I need to make a few re-arrangements in the GPS-calculations to make it space-efficient. It haven't really been prioritized as I found a lot of other things more interesting to play with

The logger on the other hand is implemented and seems to be working like a charm
Do you have some test screenshot of it :P, just for fun
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Dec 16, 2013, 04:50 AM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Does anybody know where to buy the components, without having to pay 20-30$ for the delievery.
I need it sent to Denmark or Norway.
runeod is offline Find More Posts by runeod
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:25 AM
Joined Jun 2012
10 Posts
Dennis, huge fan of your contributions in the FPV electronics arena, I enjoy keeping up with your latest and greatest projects, thanks for everything you've given to us!

I am under the impression the hardware in a minimOSD is basically the same as this project, but suffers from lack of breakout points needed to wire up sensors, etc.

I happened across these about a week ago, and ordered a couple for a Multiwii I have. I just stumbled upon that this thread for the spinoff of the original DIY OSD

It looks to me like they have broken out several of the analog pins to be used for voltage, current, and RSSI. I expect to receive these either today or tomorrow so I can take a closer look once I have them in my hands, but the pictures sure do look like it might just be a viable $12 hardware platform for this project, no?
79cj7jeep is offline Find More Posts by 79cj7jeep
Last edited by 79cj7jeep; Dec 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:36 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by runeod View Post
Does anybody know where to buy the components,
without having to pay 20-30$ for the delievery.
I need it sent to Denmark or Norway.
Sorry, I don't have any good suggestions, as I normally buy all my stuff from Farnell, but that's not possible without a company.

I can't even offer to send the required components, as I now uses SMD-boxes for pretty much everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cj7jeep View Post
Dennis, huge fan of your contributions in the FPV electronics arena, I enjoy keeping up with your latest and greatest projects, thanks for everything you've given to us!

I am under the impression the hardware in a minimOSD is basically the same as this project, but suffers from lack of breakout points needed to wire up sensors, etc.

I happened across these about a week ago, and ordered a couple for a Multiwii I have. I just stumbled upon that this thread for the spinoff of the original DIY OSD

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/min...am-mod-v1.html

It looks to me like they have broken out several of the analog pins to be used for voltage, current, and RSSI. I expect to receive these either today or tomorrow so I can take a closer look once I have them in my hands, but the pictures sure do look like it might just be a viable $12 hardware platform for this project, no? .
Basically all OSD's with MAX7456 is more or less identical (That being MinimOSD, EzOSD, Remzibi OSD etc.).
I still haven't found my MinimOSD (which means it's not officially supported in the software yet), but except a few minor differences, it should be plug-n-play with this software.

At 12$, it's just amazing!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:48 PM
Lithuania, Vilnius County, Vilnius
Joined Dec 2006
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cj7jeep View Post

It looks to me like they have broken out several of the analog pins to be used for voltage, current, and RSSI. I expect to receive these either today or tomorrow so I can take a closer look once I have them in my hands, but the pictures sure do look like it might just be a viable $12 hardware platform for this project, no?
Hi, 79cj,

Where have you found this minimosd with extra pins? Can You drop a link? Very interesting!

I' ve ordered 30 days ago minimosd v 0.1 for 15$ with an idea to attach breakout board with wire connections.
montis is offline Find More Posts by montis
Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:51 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis View Post
Hi, 79cj,

Where have you found this minimosd with extra pins? Can You drop a link? Very interesting!

I' ve ordered 30 days ago minimosd v 0.1 for 15$ with an idea to attach breakout board with wire connections.
79cj linked this before editing:
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/min...am-mod-v1.html
Old Dec 16, 2013, 06:50 PM
Joined Jun 2012
10 Posts
Yeah not sure what happened but when I tried to post that link earlier it flagged it as spam..

I did receive it in the mail today though and I can confirm it looks exactly like the picture. I will post back this weekend when I've had a chance to hack around with it.

Figured I'd try this to start..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9_MinimOSD.zip
79cj7jeep is offline Find More Posts by 79cj7jeep