HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2013, 02:35 PM
It only cost £50 honest!
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Oct 2007
341 Posts
Just gone to order parts from mouser and the 75ohm resistors are a minimum qty of 5000....... Time for ebay I think
David Parry is offline Find More Posts by David Parry
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2013, 03:50 AM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
926 Posts
Just order something close to 75 ohm, that should be fine. The impedeance on the cam and video tx are not very accurate anyway. I've tester with 300+ ohm on the output due to the Lawmate tx, but the difference was barely vissible.
Dennis Frie is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Jul 05, 2013, 06:22 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Hey,

For the ones using wanting to use this FW on a MinimOSD let me know.
I've tweaked the code to run on it. (tested on HW v.1.1)

@Dennis, maybe consider add a new value for the hardware list for the MinimOSD? That is what I did and it was just a couple of lines more to have the vanilla code patched for it.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jul 05, 2013, 02:33 PM
It only cost £50 honest!
Joined Oct 2007
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
Just order something close to 75 ohm, that should be fine. The impedeance on the cam and video tx are not very accurate anyway. I've tester with 300+ ohm on the output due to the Lawmate tx, but the difference was barely vissible.
Thanks Dennis, but have already ordered from mouser without those resistors, so will get those off fleabay.
When I get round to programming it what is best (easiest) to use. I have a arduino uno and a USBasp that I use for my KK2 or do I need something else.
Old Jul 05, 2013, 02:49 PM
HOL
Danmark, Midtjylland, Galten
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Parry View Post
Thanks Dennis, but have already ordered from mouser without those resistors, so will get those off fleabay.
When I get round to programming it what is best (easiest) to use. I have a arduino uno and a USBasp that I use for my KK2 or do I need something else.
I use the USBasp... Works gr8...
HOL is offline Find More Posts by HOL
Old Jul 05, 2013, 04:11 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
avrisp mkII
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jul 05, 2013, 04:18 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Just gone to order parts from mouser and the 75ohm resistors are a minimum qty of 5000....... Time for ebay I think
while there are some passives that will have only a reel min as a min buy, a 75Ω 0805 resistor is not going to be it - http://www.mouser.com/Passive-Compon...e&Ns=Default|0
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jul 11, 2013, 02:07 PM
United States, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
Minimosd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Hey,

For the ones using wanting to use this FW on a MinimOSD let me know.
I've tweaked the code to run on it. (tested on HW v.1.1)

@Dennis, maybe consider add a new value for the hardware list for the MinimOSD? That is what I did and it was just a couple of lines more to have the vanilla code patched for it.
Please do share, I have a minimOSD board that I'd like to try this out on, thanks much!
kjfubar is offline Find More Posts by kjfubar
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:44 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjfubar View Post
Please do share, I have a minimOSD board that I'd like to try this out on, thanks much!
Here you go: https://cloudpt.pt/link/042afa4c-9cb...9_MinimOSD.zip

Already set to use it.
For external sensors the ports were also changed in order to be compatible with this mods:

https://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-d.../Hardware_Mods
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:54 AM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Feb 2013
88 Posts
Quote:
@Hi David Parry,

Sorry we (you and I) got caught with a Mouser change on products. I'd had the Mouser Project for the OSD corrected twice this year now with each time a change on Mouser's end making the product order quantities incorrect for our project.

Suggestion to us project builders:
Next time you order from any site's projects do some searching and you will likely and easily find a replacement. I've just updated the parts list with an available 75Ohm 0805 resistor @ 0.08 ea. That is 16 cents for the two required.

The Mouser Project on page one of this thread is correct as of 7/13/2013 for available parts to build Dennis's OSD.
bstott2 is offline Find More Posts by bstott2
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:17 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Feb 2013
88 Posts
Quote:
Hi, Just finished reading through this thread, and think I'm ready to start building. Before I order some boards has anyone got a couple extra they want to sell? Bstott have you any left?
Also is the link on page 1 upto date with mouser items?
Am in UK.
Sorry for the late response. I'd not checked back with the thread. Boards - I do have a couple. Just PM or e-mail me - bstott2002 at yahoo. I ask $3 by paypal for board and $1 per board to package/ship. If you trust an envelope (I do.) then one board is $4 including shipping in US.

I see you've ordered parts. Suggestion: Next project if you run up against a quantity minimum issue don't run - seek. Mouser has tons of parts. I updated the project today (7/13/13) with two 75 Ohm resistors - 16 cents.

Programmers: Arduino as programmer works - I've used it for the chips in other projects. So too the USBasp - I used that for Dennis's OSD. I use the cheap junk Chinese one. You just ignore the error message about wrong firmware. The firmware does adjust the communications rate automatically and gives an error. The error is an alert not a problem. Works fine. I've also used USB BUB - that also works well. Just choose your tool, find the directions and follow them.

@Bob442 - I've only seen the avrisp as an expensive device.
bstott2 is offline Find More Posts by bstott2
Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:28 PM
It only cost £50 honest!
Joined Oct 2007
341 Posts
Bstott, thanks, but thought no one had boards so now I've got 10 .
Have bought some 75ohm resistors off ebay, have now got 50 of the little so and so's. Just waiting for some no clean flux to arrive and I'm good to go. Little aprehensive seeing the size of the componants, but will start with the chips and work my way through them. How do you get them out the packaging without losing them? havent got a gps or current board yet, thought I'd get the rctimer gps cn-06. Also as I'm using it on a quad thought I'd get a BMP085 but re reading the thread it seems they dont play well together. That still the case? sorry for all the questions but want to get it right.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:59 AM
It only cost £50 honest!
Joined Oct 2007
341 Posts
Well, got all excited and plugged my HK usbasp onto board and into usb socket, led lit up, Great. But wont load bootloader.
See attached screen shot. Have checked connections to board and seem OK. Miso etc metered out to pins on chip ok. Although not prettiest soldering Job (dont have a heat reflow gun) cant see anything obvious, although 27 mhz crystal had 4 pads, so I skewed it like mentioned by someone before. Is it something I need to do to get the USBasp working?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 05:06 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
926 Posts
Back again

Quote:
Bstott, thanks, but thought no one had boards so now I've got 10 .
Have bought some 75ohm resistors off ebay, have now got 50 of the little so and so's. Just waiting for some no clean flux to arrive and I'm good to go. Little aprehensive seeing the size of the componants, but will start with the chips and work my way through them. How do you get them out the packaging without losing them? havent got a gps or current board yet, thought I'd get the rctimer gps cn-06. Also as I'm using it on a quad thought I'd get a BMP085 but re reading the thread it seems they dont play well together. That still the case? sorry for all the questions but want to get it right.
It's only multiple I2C sensors, that don't play well with BMP085 atm. As I never got the time to finish the artificial, that bug haven't been issued (but I know what's causing the problem )

I don't know the specific GPS, can't tell how that will work

Quote:
Well, got all excited and plugged my HK usbasp onto board and into usb socket, led lit up, Great. But wont load bootloader.
See attached screen shot. Have checked connections to board and seem OK. Miso etc metered out to pins on chip ok. Although not prettiest soldering Job (dont have a heat reflow gun) cant see anything obvious, although 27 mhz crystal had 4 pads, so I skewed it like mentioned by someone before. Is it something I need to do to get the USBasp working?
You don´t need hotair to solder a board like this nicely. I have a hotair, but use a normal soldering iron to solder stuff like this anyway. A good tip (I use something like 0.8 mm tip, which works fine even with 0.65mm pin spacing), some good solderwire and some solderwick (just in case) and you can solder pretty much anything. I can solder XT60 connectors and 0.65mm pitch spacing with the same soldering-iron and tip

The 27MHz crystal is only connected to MAX7456 and should not have any influence in the programming of the microcontroller.

My best guess is, that your problem is the USBasp and not necessarily a problem with your build. I've had the same problem with a cheap USBasp. Didn't really had the patience to find the problem, as I had a few other programmers around.

The solution seems to be software update on USBasp (which requires another ISP) or a bad connection.
http://www.rogerclark.net/?p=702
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=123191.0
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?n...topic&p=956604
Dennis Frie is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Last edited by Dennis Frie; Jul 21, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 08:53 PM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jan 2008
155 Posts
hi everyone ! i work since some times to find a way to add the options to reset home position via the internal menu of the OSD.

I'm ok to add text to the menu "Reset Home Position". but not able to define a variable that will reset the home position when my menu is selected...

did i define something like :
int Reset_menu = ..... ???

really confused, after a lot of reading and experiment nothing work... thanks !
BillyJo is offline Find More Posts by BillyJo