HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2013, 05:12 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
I've sent him one, but apparently he hasn't received it yet...hope he does soon..
sounds good
Have you had the time to assemble an OSD yourself?
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2013, 05:17 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
sounds good
Have you had the time to assemble an OSD yourself?
I'm waiting for some Pro guy with pro tools to come home from vacation, he'll solder me one up for a song (and a beer), next I hope I can talk buisness with him to solder a few up for guys here on rcg
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Apr 17, 2013, 05:54 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
know it is off topic, but would like to hear about the weather balloon project - will be interesting to see how the temps affect the sensors. what baro you using? that error may actually become an issue now (i think there was a baro issue if memory serves me, but my memory is not good at all, so that may be something else i read)

brian

Quote:
I'll be adding a few extra features I need for a weather-balloon project. If anyone else have some small things they would like to see implemented, let me know and I'll see if we can get it included in the the next update.
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:05 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
know it is off topic, but would like to hear about the weather balloon project - will be interesting to see how the temps affect the sensors. what baro you using? that error may actually become an issue now (i think there was a baro issue if memory serves me, but my memory is not good at all, so that may be something else i read)

brian
We will most likely be using BMP085 with a very small hole in the foam. It's rated to minimum 0 degrees for normal performance and working down until -40 degrees (if I remember correctly).

So far I've coded a simple temperature-control. We plan to use a small heating-element/resistor to keep a, more or less, constant temperature in the fuse. That should help a lot with the temperature-problem and don't require much energy with well isolated foam-plane.

I've started to code a part of the release-code, to make sure the plane will be released, if fail-safe is active more than x seconds. The OSD should be able to handle everything, so no need to use extra hardware.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 09:29 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
sounds like fun so far

Quote:
We will most likely be using BMP085 with a very small hole in the foam. It's rated to minimum 0 degrees for normal performance and working down until -40 degrees (if I remember correctly).

So far I've coded a simple temperature-control. We plan to use a small heating-element/resistor to keep a, more or less, constant temperature in the fuse. That should help a lot with the temperature-problem and don't require much energy with well isolated foam-plane.

I've started to code a part of the release-code, to make sure the plane will be released, if fail-safe is active more than x seconds. The OSD should be able to handle everything, so no need to use extra hardware.
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:12 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,605 Posts
Hey,

Anyone in EU that may want to sell any extra PCB?
(probably some parts as well)

Thanks.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:48 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,632 Posts
If you want to use a daughter board with it for input/output, minimOSD pcb boards work very well for DFmaxOSD code.
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Old Apr 19, 2013, 06:28 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Feb 2013
88 Posts
@ Dennis --- I used your file and tried to submit the mfg order to Seeed through their website. I got an error message telling me to rename the file. I used your *.rar just from your posted link. I even checked it and reviewed the contents. All looked good. Anyway - I zipped the file and resubmitted to Seeed and the application accepted and processed my payment.... I'll check with them next week about the order.

@ msev --- Yeah - mystery. I am still waiting. I think I jinxed our plan by joking about it getting lost. It's all good though. We'll see what else shows up.
bstott2 is offline Find More Posts by bstott2
Old Apr 19, 2013, 08:03 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstott2 View Post
@ Dennis --- I used your file and tried to submit the mfg order to Seeed through their website. I got an error message telling me to rename the file. I used your *.rar just from your posted link. I even checked it and reviewed the contents. All looked good. Anyway - I zipped the file and resubmitted to Seeed and the application accepted and processed my payment.... I'll check with them next week about the order.
Arh, SeedStudio don't accept 2 PCB-orders, with the same filename. As I have already uploaded the rar-file, you get an error. I've just renamed the rar-file to something else. OSD_PCB_V1_1_bstott.rar for example in your case

A ZIP-file should be fine too, but simply changing the name in the original file is all that's needed
Old Apr 20, 2013, 05:43 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
738 Posts
Just made a quick sketch for auto baudrate detection, seems to work pretty well and will probably be included in next update
Old Apr 20, 2013, 05:47 AM
HOL
Danmark, Midtjylland, Galten
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Just made a quick sketch for auto baudrate detection, seems to work pretty well and will probably be included in next update
HOL is offline Find More Posts by HOL
Old Apr 20, 2013, 05:55 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,400 Posts
I still have hope for it to arrive to your place...My first shipment to the US can't be lost man , that would be really unlucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstott2 View Post
@ msev --- Yeah - mystery. I am still waiting. I think I jinxed our plan by joking about it getting lost. It's all good though. We'll see what else shows up.
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:39 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spejlo View Post
hi Denis
I found one nasty bug.. some GPS receivers (ublox NEO 6) sends GGA and RMC together (no delay between)
everything is OK before homepos is set.. but after that.. all the calculations are little time consuming and GGA sentence is missing 2 chars (on baud 38400) (hope you understand my english

I fix it for myself (but it's not universal)

if (homepos==1) ggapos=3; else ggapos=5;
if (GPSbuffer[ggapos+1]=='A' && GPSbuffer[ggapos] =='G') {
I've just written a fix, that should ensure this is no longer a problem
Would you mind to test, if I upload a test-version?
Last edited by Dennis Frie; Apr 20, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:34 AM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Does anyone have a spare board that they're willing to give up?
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:59 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
738 Posts
So far...
  • Fixed problem with Ublox GPS module
  • Auto baudrate detection added

And for a weather-balloon project the following have been added, which can be used as well
  • Failsafe indication
  • Output for heater-element based on temperature from BMP085 (to keep electronic warm)
  • Servo-output to release payload from balloon. Automatic released if failsafe is present more than x seconds (low resolution servo-output)

Anything else I promised to add?
Last edited by Dennis Frie; Apr 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM.