SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Sep 2004
253 Posts
Is there one that will sell 1 or 2 pcs. PCB, optionally with Mega328 and MAX7456 installed. I prefer the one from Denmark or the EU it makes everything easier.

Dennis. Thank you for another good DIY-thread for us FPV-pilots. I have with interest followed this thread from the beginning, and will give it a try. I fly as often as I can with your DIY head tracker and it has never let me down.

Michael - fpv.absolute-zero.dk
absolute-zero is offline Find More Posts by absolute-zero
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:37 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolute-zero View Post
Is there one that will sell 1 or 2 pcs. PCB, optionally with Mega328 and MAX7456 installed. I prefer the one from Denmark or the EU it makes everything easier.

Dennis. Thank you for another good DIY-thread for us FPV-pilots. I have with interest followed this thread from the beginning, and will give it a try. I fly as often as I can with your DIY head tracker and it has never let me down.

Michael - fpv.absolute-zero.dk
Thanks
You usually seem to be pretty active even during the winter. If you still fly at the moment I wouldn't mind some testing and feedback. Can you solder the parts yourself and program the Atmega328?

I should get new boards pretty soon and might be able to sell a PCB. Do you know if HOL have ordered PCBs? Anyway, feel free to drop me a pm.
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:21 PM
United States, AZ, Prescott Valley
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
.................. By any chance you have configured it to use both normal analog RSSI and EzUHF RSSI? That would explain the behaviour.

Dennis,

Yes...... #define SHOW_RSSI was set to 1

The following clip is with it set to 0 and with the MPU6050 disconnected

The MPU6050 works fine when connected but makes the BMP085 go crazy...

~ two MAX7456 samples arrived today - looks like soldering a very fine tooth comb

Rick

155248 OSD test 4 (0 min 0 sec)
RickEis is offline Find More Posts by RickEis
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:27 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,032 Posts
Now that looks a lot better. But for some reason your character-set haven't been updated. It's a little tricky as some uses ISP and some bootloader.

In the config-file, you should find this:
//===========================
// Force update
//===========================
#define FORCE_UPDATE 0

Set it to 1, upload the code, wait for all the characters to be uploaded (you can reset Arduino to make it upload again if necessary) change it to 0 again and upload. Now the numbers on the bar should be updated and only be numbers and not the changing capital letters you see.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:52 PM
United States, AZ, Prescott Valley
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Dennis,

How's this ?

It appears to be very good elevation resolution with the BMP085...maybe 6 inches or so. Is that possible? I mean it appears to bounce around a bit but it notices a small move like that. I like seeing both the gps and pressure elevation .

So tell me ....the numbers above the MAH? 99 I 100 am I looking at RSSI I Link ?

And the little numbers on the pressure graph? pretty much the change in elevation...is it meant to flash while climbing or ....?

And it appears we can turn anything off if we desire...yes?

Rick

183718 OSD test 5 (0 min 21 sec)
RickEis is offline Find More Posts by RickEis
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:03 AM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
1. PPM startup detection works just fine..sorry.. my bad.. i've had delay at boot in OLRS firmware..

2.sure.. it can be adjusted by transmitter but on plane servo may travel too far

3.yes i mean new-frame detection.. my max value on channel is about 3900 but with full trim and travel adjust at 150% it is 2115us which corresponds to over 4330.. if you have 8channels like that + gap between channels then dead-time is 2680us or 5360 Frie units (i know 1FU=0.5us)
it is extreme setup and this probably never happened.. but one channel on 2100us is possible. I think (pulseTime > 4500) is good for everyone but it helped if someone test another RX PPM

4. If i understand it right #define PPM_POSITIVE is to change PPM signal from negative to positive.. By logic I mean reversed channel (stick on transmitter UP = menu arrow down)

it is only suggestion.. i can do it myself.. code is pretty clean and straightforward..

BTW thanks for superfast developing project..
Spejlo is offline Find More Posts by Spejlo
Last edited by Spejlo; Jan 15, 2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:16 AM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
And another (cosmetic) one I've just noticed.. baroalt doesn't clear all numbers when alt_offset is applied.
in my case 160m above see.. after offset 1 is still on screen

EDIT: OK.. never mind.. it is only before GPS fix
Spejlo is offline Find More Posts by Spejlo
Last edited by Spejlo; Jan 15, 2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:02 AM
HOL
Danmark, Midtjylland, Galten
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Thanks
You usually seem to be pretty active even during the winter. If you still fly at the moment I wouldn't mind some testing and feedback. Can you solder the parts yourself and program the Atmega328?

I should get new boards pretty soonand might be able to sell a PCB. Do you know if HOL have ordered PCBs? Anyway, feel free to drop me a pm.
I haven't ordered yet. Was holding my breath to see how Your last batch turned out. Michael can get one from me, if he's not in a hurry. But nothing ordered yet. Dennis, wouldn't You recommend to wait until You get Your latest order checked, or am I only wasting my time doing that?
I only need 2 PCB's, I believe, so I could easily spare a couple.
HOL is offline Find More Posts by HOL
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:19 AM
Joined Jul 2008
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziedrius View Post
Looks like they not providing samples of MAX7456, at least not for new users or smth (was using not publicly available email):

The following sample request has been rejected.

Part Number Business Manager Comments
MAX7456EUI+ please purchase. If you have questions about these comments, you may contact meriel.miranda@maximintegrated.com
Just quick update on this: yesterday I've received call from DHL and today I've got the samples, so it looks like they told that order is rejected and then sent it anyway and even used DHL for that, so I'm kind of double surprised
dziedrius is offline Find More Posts by dziedrius
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:16 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spejlo View Post
1. PPM startup detection works just fine..sorry.. my bad.. i've had delay at boot in OLRS firmware..

2.sure.. it can be adjusted by transmitter but on plane servo may travel too far

3.yes i mean new-frame detection.. my max value on channel is about 3900 but with full trim and travel adjust at 150% it is 2115us which corresponds to over 4330.. if you have 8channels like that + gap between channels then dead-time is 2680us or 5360 Frie units (i know 1FU=0.5us)
it is extreme setup and this probably never happened.. but one channel on 2100us is possible. I think (pulseTime > 4500) is good for everyone but it helped if someone test another RX PPM

4. If i understand it right #define PPM_POSITIVE is to change PPM signal from negative to positive.. By logic I mean reversed channel (stick on transmitter UP = menu arrow down)

it is only suggestion.. i can do it myself.. code is pretty clean and straightforward..

BTW thanks for superfast developing project..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spejlo View Post
And another (cosmetic) one I've just noticed.. baroalt doesn't clear all numbers when alt_offset is applied.
in my case 160m above see.. after offset 1 is still on screen

EDIT: OK.. never mind.. it is only before GPS fix
The "PPM positive" or negative is used to define the used PPM standard. Some systems uses negative PPM while other uses positive PPM. The default setting is for EzUHF PPM, but with some systems you might need to change it.

travel adjust at 150%? Well, that's gonna exceed the frame-detection. The value was set quite low, gotta admit that. I'll increase the default value for next update. 4500 (2.25 ms) sounds like an acceptable time.

Iīll have a look at the baro-altitude - I'm at sea level and never really notice "hanging numbers"

Thanks for testing
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:19 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickEis View Post
Dennis,

How's this ?

It appears to be very good elevation resolution with the BMP085...maybe 6 inches or so. Is that possible? I mean it appears to bounce around a bit but it notices a small move like that. I like seeing both the gps and pressure elevation .

So tell me ....the numbers above the MAH? 99 I 100 am I looking at RSSI I Link ?

And the little numbers on the pressure graph? pretty much the change in elevation...is it meant to flash while climbing or ....?

And it appears we can turn anything off if we desire...yes?

Rick

http://youtu.be/yIELvp4A5ms
That looks a lot better

Yes, the numbers above mah is RSSI and Link (in that order).
The small numbers on the pressure-bar is sink-rate, but only in meters atm.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:23 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOL View Post
I haven't ordered yet. Was holding my breath to see how Your last batch turned out. Michael can get one from me, if he's not in a hurry. But nothing ordered yet. Dennis, wouldn't You recommend to wait until You get Your latest order checked, or am I only wasting my time doing that?
I only need 2 PCB's, I believe, so I could easily spare a couple.
The latest design should work, but as it havenīt been verified, I can't really recommend to order yet. The good news is, that I just received the PCB's today
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:30 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,032 Posts
And a little quick update..

I was out with a friend today (and mike_o came by as well).

In general:
  • The artificial horizon is quite bad - the g-force and vibrations makes it go crazy. Works pretty good on the ground though .
  • The pressure-sensor works like a charm. It seems very accurate and with good response
  • Temperature below 0-degrees celsius doesn't show correctly (it's a quick fix and it will just show a weird sign instead)
  • Except for that .- everything seemed to work as expected.
  • EzUHF RSSI and link in PPM worked great

We had 2 planes and 2 OSD's out. The last one that I used was flashed kinda in a hurry to get the plane ready this morniing. I just loaded the firmware/code I was working at. Kinda forgot to add the home-arrow
Philip used the latest version (0.10 with minor update) and everything seemed to work perfectly
Last edited by Dennis Frie; Jan 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:54 AM
HOL
Danmark, Midtjylland, Galten
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
The latest design should work, but as it havenīt been verified, I can't really recommend to order yet. The good news is, that I just received the PCB's today
Cool... Let me know when it's verified to be in good working condition (I expect that result )
HOL is offline Find More Posts by HOL
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:56 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOL View Post
Cool... Let me know when it's verified to be in good working condition (I expect that result )
The previous version was pretty close and have been used a few times without any problems
I would be surprised if it there's any problems