HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:31 PM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Chibougamau
Joined Jan 2008
153 Posts
i've order parts at Digikey with Bob4432 parts lists, and for Digikey canada parts costs around 60$CAD.

Quote:
Subtotal $42.49
Shipping $8.00
GST unknown
HST unknown
Total unknown
did an other shop i could buy parts for less ??
BillyJo is online now Find More Posts by BillyJo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:31 PM
United States, AZ, Prescott Valley
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJo View Post
i've order parts at Digikey with Bob4432 parts lists, and for Digikey canada parts costs around 60$CAD.

Hmm.....Dennis,
I have a relative that goes to China for a few major USA electrical companies every couple weeks. Actually this guy spends more time in China then home
I know it is controversial... but would you be open to me making a few contacts to look into it for you?
I think the goal would be to get an inexpensive price on a "kit" and on a completed "product". Not sure if he would be interested, but I'll make the contacts if you are open to it. And I have no idea on a minimum quantity but I may be able to help with this also.
I have no interest in profit but I would certainly help you if you are open to your ideas being used in such a way.
Rick
RickEis is offline Find More Posts by RickEis
Last edited by RickEis; Jan 02, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:42 PM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Chibougamau
Joined Jan 2008
153 Posts
sure !! could be very interesting !
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:53 PM
United States, AZ, Prescott Valley
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
sure !! could be very interesting !
Oh Yes, if Dennis is open to it and if Dave can help, it could be very interesting but I want nothing to do with it if Dennis doesn't

The sad part is, it is probably being done anyway as we speak without any of us doing anything
RickEis is offline Find More Posts by RickEis
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:49 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
738 Posts
Quote:

I posted a quick document earlier from Farnell - total price was around 11$ without MAX7456 and shipping. But in general the prices shouldn't differ much from didikey.
MAX7456 can be sampled from Maxim or found cheaper on Ebay, but they are a bit hard to find cheap.
Dennis Frie is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:03 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickEis View Post
Hmm.....Dennis,
I have a relative that goes to China for a few major USA electrical companies every couple weeks. Actually this guy spends more time in China then home
I know it is controversial... but would you be open to me making a few contacts to look into it for you?
I think the goal would be to get an inexpensive price on a "kit" and on a completed "product". Not sure if he would be interested, but I'll make the contacts if you are open to it. And I have no idea on a minimum quantity but I may be able to help with this also.
I have no interest in profit but I would certainly help you if you are open to your ideas being used in such a way.
Rick
The idea is good, and it would be great to see it as an actual product easy available. But to be honest, I don't think it's worth the risk and time. In general the problem is:

- I could have kept it as closed source, but that would have ruined the entire purpose. The main purpose have been a descent Open-source platform with support for sensors, PPM etc. Still a bit left, but we are getting close.

If I decided to put it into production, I see 2 results:

1) It fails, due to lack of interest (I'm the looser)

2) It's a success, but as everything is available (firmware, schematic - you name it), it will take a few months before a cheap clone is available (I'm the looser).

A bit harsh, but unfortunately that's more or less the reality. I could be wrong, but we all know there's a good chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickEis View Post
Oh Yes, if Dennis is open to it and if Dave can help, it could be very interesting but I want nothing to do with it if Dennis doesn't

The sad part is, it is probably being done anyway as we speak without any of us doing anything
Narh, you gotta see it like this:
"Awesome - they just did all the work on the production and we have a good OpenSource platform available at an amazing price"
Actually, with the possibilities I see, that would be the best solution, as it would give a great availability and price. Sure, I don't earn anything, but that was never intended.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:38 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,400 Posts
No. 9) from "parts description" can be omitted if sensor bobs have their own regulators right?

Awesome...8th of January when I get my "limit restocked" , I'll order those pcbs from Seedstudio ...Can't wait!
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:43 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
No. 9) from "parts description" can be omitted if sensor bobs have their own regulators right?

Awesome...8th of January when I get my "limit restocked" , I'll order those pcbs from Seedstudio ...Can't wait!
Sounds good
Yes, if the sensorboard have 3.3V regulator onboard, you don't need:
1 x 1uF X7R 0805 (Leave the one that's connected to Vcc)
1 x 3.3V LDO regulator
Last edited by Dennis Frie; Jan 02, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:31 AM
Latvia, Riga
Joined May 2010
648 Posts
Hi Dennis,

Does Seeedstudio make also round edges of board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
First PCB-version with ISP-header

Have been tested and seems to work fine
kristaps_r is online now Find More Posts by kristaps_r
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:36 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,400 Posts
When I'll get my boards from Seedstudio, if someone is interested I can sell them cheap!

I'll even make a few already assembled osd's if someone will want to buy one, I can also include presoldered MPU6050 and BMP085 if someone wants.

From each sold pcb or assembled unit I will send a royality fee to Dennis. We have been discussing this on gmail for quite some time, so its arranged with Dennis .
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:42 AM
Joined Jul 2008
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
When I'll get my boards from Seedstudio, if someone is interested I can sell them cheap!

I'll even make a few already assembled osd's if someone will want to buy one, I can also include presoldered MPU6050 and BMP085 if someone wants.

From each sold pcb or assembled unit I will send a royality fee to Dennis. We have been discussing this on gmail for quite some time, so its arranged with Dennis .
If you would write the price including shipping here, you would save lots of typing answering to personal messages
dziedrius is online now Find More Posts by dziedrius
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:46 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziedrius View Post
If you would write the price including shipping here, you would save lots of typing answering to personal messages
I can't yet since I don't have my exprenses calculated yet .
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:53 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2012
28 Posts
Let me know, I may be interested in getting one. If all the soldering and stuff is completed, it just seems like if I try and put this together myself I'll end up with alot of broken parts.
LatinP is offline Find More Posts by LatinP
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:24 AM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
@RickEis, I've sent you a PM
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:00 PM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Chibougamau
Joined Jan 2008
153 Posts
ok i've done the same order with the parts on Farnell, here in Canada its Newark, but i think its the same as Farnell with element14.

price are correct, and i will upload the cart in .csv so other will be able to order fast with the same parts !

only things... for the 75Ω Resistor 1%, farnell (Newark) you need to order minimum 25000 for 100$.... dont know if some people would like to order these parts, but we could order these one time in group, and after i think that maybe we could do the same for the MAX7456 if we order in group ?

*** Rename the file Cart.doc to Cart.csv !! i was not able to upload .CSV files here, so i rename it as a .doc =p
Last edited by BillyJo; Jan 03, 2013 at 12:06 PM.